Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by billpritjr
Hello

Wanted to get some second opinions:

Will have a two-week stay in June at LAX for business. No rental car, will walk to a nearby business complex everyday for work.

LAX Airport Marriott (full service) or LAX Renaissance (Marriott brand).

Business Center needed

Thank you !
There's no need for a new thread. There's tons of information about those two hotels here: Marriott-family hotels near LAX

You can add your questions, comments, and experiences to make it even better.

I assume the threads will be merged.

Mrs. H and I were very pleased with our flawless stay at the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel a few months ago. As Platinum Elite, I was upgraded to a mini-suite-like room. The lounge was closed Saturday morning, so we enjoyed had the breakfast buffet (with no up-charge for the hot items).
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Horace beat me to it. All I can add is that a seven-year FTer ought to know to search before asking about hotels in major cities.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
I stayed at both multiple times in the second half of 2015.

Both have excellent, well-stocked lounges.

The full-scale Marriott is obviously a much larger property if that makes a difference. Rooms are pretty much similar IIRC.

The Ren has a computer downstairs in the lounge. The Marriott has a full-scale business center (possibly a FedEx office or similar) near their lobby.

Big difference is the sprawling outdoor pool at the Marriott if that is important to you. The weather was quite nice when I was there and really enjoyed the pool.

Obviously more dining options at the Marriott. Plus, the Marriott is reasonable walking distance to many other eating options.

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I am at the Renaissance right now. I stay here long-term and it is a great place to stay. I have stayed at both and in this location I choose the Renaissance by far.

Internet is super fast
Lounge has great food and is open all day
Not a huge hotel so you don't feel overwhelmed
Location is 2 minute walk to Marriott so they are both the same in regards to that
Nice gym, nice pool
Tons of HD Channels

Didn't like the Marriott mainly because the air conditioning doesn't work properly(never cooled the room)
Internet was spotty
Much bigger so it was always crowded in the lobby and got annoying if you needed to speak to the front desk at certain times

Look I'm sure it has its positives but I stay at the Renaissance for quite a long time and I love it.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by mikebor
I am at the Renaissance right now. I stay here long-term and it is a great place to stay. I have stayed at both and in this location I choose the Renaissance by far.

Internet is super fast
Lounge has great food and is open all day
Not a huge hotel so you don't feel overwhelmed
Location is 2 minute walk to Marriott so they are both the same in regards to that
Nice gym, nice pool
Tons of HD Channels

Didn't like the Marriott mainly because the air conditioning doesn't work properly(never cooled the room)
Internet was spotty
Much bigger so it was always crowded in the lobby and got annoying if you needed to speak to the front desk at certain times

Look I'm sure it has its positives but I stay at the Renaissance for quite a long time and I love it.
Thank You everyone
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Popped onto this thread to get opinions on the LAX options. Nice to have great recaps above!

Thanks folks,
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, United Premier Silver
I will give another vote to the Renaissance (we have stayed at the Marriott as well). Renaissance is much nicer and more upscale IMO.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Stayed at the Residence Inn El Segundo earlier this month. It is the only Cat 5 left with free shuttle for LAX.

It was fine for the 1 night stay needed for an LAX overnight. They are constructing a new lobby area, but it was well signed and staff was very helpful.

Shuttle was well organized with 2 trips per hour on the schedule.

There is a 7-11 directly adjacent to the hotel.

Rooms were well maintained and clean. Pics below.

Overall, good use of Cat 5 cert.

Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update and heads up re: being a good use of a Cat 5.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the update and heads up re: being a good use of a Cat 5.
+1 I just booked one night in May here with a cert, and appreciate the review goodeats21
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Which Marriott family has the best shuttle service, on time and frequency?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
I have used the shuttle service at the full service Marriott on Century Blvd. several times with no problems. Shuttle runs about every 20 minutes from the hotel and at pick-up at LAX.
Marriott LAX Parking - Outdoor Self Parking
5855 W Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
310-641-5700
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The Renaissance uses the Blue Shuttle, but one could also take the Budget, Four Points or Embassy Suites North shuttle if one was so inclined.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dayone
+1.
I would be careful walking from Renaissance to IN + Out , tough area
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Lani1
I would be careful walking from Renaissance to IN + Out , tough area
And yet the person you quoted was agreeing w/ another person who said it wasn't that bad an area.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.