Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Sigh, we're still in the deskless/no chest of drawers refurb cycle. At least there was a desk chair there.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Was there a pocket (sliding) door to the bathroom?

David
There was indeed, it was a little weird but saved space I guess
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:53 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I too recently stayed at the Marriott LAX property. The photos shared by CMK10 is exactly the refurbished room and lobby area. Too bad I arrived close to midnight and had to leave very early the next morning, so did not get a chance to visit the Club Lounge to check it out.
The room is nice and I was impressed with the new shower head options, a flex one and a fixed one - very European (and to my liking).
The only thing that they could have improved is the airco noise level, even though at low settings, it made quite some noise (sorry still need to adjust to the airco blast levels of US hotels).
An improvement in general.

Yes- for the shuttle, there is no real fixed timing, it does run approx every 15 mins (depends very much on the time of the day you want it due to the ongoing works @ LAX ).

Cheers!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
There was indeed, it was a little weird but saved space I guess
Was it a 'barn door' that slides back/forth?

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

The room is nice and I was impressed with the new shower head options, a flex one and a fixed one - very European (and to my liking).

Cheers!
I just toured the new Delta Grand Rapids hotel (conversion from Ramada). It had a "barn door" that slid to the side leading into the bathroom (a new thing in decor for homes & evidently some hotel brands), and also had the new shower head (flex & fixed) & the rep mentioned it was European.

Cheers.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Stayed at Marriott LAX this past weekend. Guess I'm so used to sliding bathroom doors these days I didn't even notice! There was an actual desk; a bit of an issue that the outlets (with usb slots) were on the side facing the window, so one would have to really be hunting for them to catch that.
No upgrade to the executive floor, just the King room I'd booked. Asked at check-in if I needed a late checkout, which I didn't. Lounge was very nice for breakfast, lots of room so not actually "crowded". Scrambled eggs and bacon, along with some meat and cheese slices (to seem more "cosmopolitan" I guess) the main items. Choice of more than one local hot sauce!
Shuttle was fine both arriving (at 2 AM!) and departing.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
a bit of an issue that the outlets (with usb slots) were on the side facing the window, so one would have to really be hunting for them to catch that.
I've noticed this outlet placement at this and a few other renovated properties. Now I know where to look.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Yes- for the shuttle, there is no real fixed timing, it does run approx every 15 mins (depends very much on the time of the day you want it due to the ongoing works @ LAX ).

Cheers!
In the for what it's worth, shuttles from the Marriott and Ren take a long time to get to terminal 4/5. Depending on shuttle timing, I've found it almost as quick to walk to the airport -- its about a 30 minute walk to terminal 4.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
The Ren LAX is undergoing a refurb, mostly surface work. ie: The rooms look newer, but the bathroom still has the old tub and fixtures. There are desks, but they're not particularly large.

Lounge currently closed for renovation, breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:28 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
I stayed at the LAX Marriott on the way back from Vietnam in October and it was in a word - awful.
I posted a full review on TA, but the short version here is: I was told that my status was unimportant (though they eventually gave me lounge access and wi-fi), the AC did not work properly, and the lounge was overrun at breakfast (not that there was anything worth eating).
On my next trip to Asia I'll try the Ren.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by gre
I stayed at the LAX Marriott on the way back from Vietnam in October and it was in a word - awful.
I posted a full review on TA, but the short version here is: I was told that my status was unimportant (though they eventually gave me lounge access and wi-fi), the AC did not work properly, and the lounge was overrun at breakfast (not that there was anything worth eating).
The LAX Marriott has been recently renovated and I found the new M Club to be above average. That said, the hotel is what it is. A large, busy airport hotel with small, albeit much nicer, rooms, since it built was in the 1970s.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:38 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Originally Posted by dayone
The LAX Marriott has been recently renovated and I found the new M Club to be above average.
While the facility was OK, and the view was great, I found it to be overrun at 8:30 AM, understaffed, and the food was inedible.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Didn't see anything posted, thought some might be interested... A FedEx truck ran into the LAX Ren near the front entrance. Nobody hurt. Significant damage to the hotel.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Didn't see anything posted, thought some might be interested... A FedEx truck ran into the LAX Ren near the front entrance. Nobody hurt. Significant damage to the hotel.
I have a stay in a couple of days. Was watching for an email from the property about what's happening.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Sheraton Gateway will upgrade Plats to corner suites, which are super nice. I'm 2/3 since November, with just a regular suite the third time.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
This thread has convinced me to choose a Hilton property for an upcoming stay near LAX. The relatively negative reports on the Marriott properties for what must be a very large potential customer base are depressing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.