Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
I understand that the Ren LAX club lounge is closed during the weekends. When I check the hotel website, it says the club lounge is open Sun-Thur. Is this true? It just seems odd.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13849211-post1.html

Cheers.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Residence Inn El Segundo shuttle stops at 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin
is the Residence Inn pretty typical of that style? they've got the best setup for us (2 couples, free breakfast, 1030pm arrival, rental car next day and checkout)
When I stayed at the Residence Inn El Segundo in 2012, their airport shuttle stopped running at 10:30 pm. It would be a $20 taxi ride, plus tip, to get there after that time.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Just had a lovely one night at the Marriott LAX.

The Concierge Lounge experience was lovely. They had a delightful young chef in the room presenting a really good Chicken stuffed with spinach and pumpkin and cheese and served with rice and a creamy mustard sauce. I had planned to have dinner somewhere but this WAS dinner! They also had the usual snacks available.

Sadly I left before the lounge opened next morning so did not sample breakfast

I would highly recommend the hotel based on this alone. The shuttle to and from the airport was prompt and easy to get, and the room was normal comfortable and clean.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Marriott-family hotels near LAX

I would highly recommend Ritz Marina Del Rey. Very convenient to airport and a small beach. May not be the cheapest in one's price range, but I found it to be an very hospitable property and for ~200/nt, having club access added. I really enjoyed the property and look forward to a return trip.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by kit125
I would highly recommend Ritz Marina Del Rey. Very convenient to airport and a small beach. May not be the cheapest in one's price range, but I found it to be an very hospitable property and for ~200/nt, having club access added. I really enjoyed the property and look forward to a return trip.
One of my friends gets an incredible corporate rate with the RC Marina del Rey that makes this property a steal, even on personal stays. If you work for a large company that does a lot of business in LA, it's worth checking into your company's corporate rate.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:02 am

I understand that the Ren LAX club lounge is closed during the weekends. When I check the hotel website, it says the club lounge is open Sun-Thur. Is this true? It just seems odd.
Sunday morning, I was offered continental breakfast, including eggs, in the lobby restaurant, or 750 points. There were three of us, so we ate.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 8:30 am

nickfromct posted this in the exec lounge sticky. Thought others would be interested. Sounds yummy and well done Ren.

"Just stayed at the Renaissance LAX on thanksgiving night. The lounge was open serving freshly carved Turkey and mashed potatoes among other items. This morning the lounge was also open with a full breakfast spread including eggs Benedict."

Cheers.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:21 am

Kudos to the LAX Renaissance Hotel and it's staff

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
nickfromct posted this in the exec lounge sticky. Thought others would be interested. Sounds yummy and well done Ren.

"Just stayed at the Renaissance LAX on thanksgiving night. The lounge was open serving freshly carved Turkey and mashed potatoes among other items. This morning the lounge was also open with a full breakfast spread including eggs Benedict."

Cheers.
Thank you for reposting this Sharon. Thank you for posting your experience nickfromct

Just wanted to add kudos to the LAX Renaissance Hotel for going the extra mile on Thanksgiving evening!

soccer

Last edited by soccerpapi; Dec 3, 2013 at 3:26 pm
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hrdjeepzj
Slight correction: that in addition to the $15 minimum, there is a $4 "surcharge" for trips leaving LAX, so the minimum fare is effectively $19.

The $50 fares are almost certainly going downtown, as most, if not all cab companies charge a flat rate of about $50 LAX-downtown (Yellow cab is exactly $50 I believe). I've frequently seen airline flight crews from non-US airlines checking into the Westin Bonaventure downtown
Why do flight crews stay so distant from LAX?

I've seen LAX crews staying in Long Beach as well.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
more likely then not, the negotiated rates they're getting........

Originally Posted by JackE

Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I was there Friday morning for breakfast. But the lounge will be closed Friday afternoon, and re-open again Sunday evening.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by JackE

Depends on the airline. In alot of cases, short layovers stay near the airport. Longer layovers use "downtown" hotels.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:12 pm

Quick one night stay during an extended red eye. Ren or F/s? It's a Friday night.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Quick one night stay during an extended red eye. Ren or F/s? It's a Friday night.
I prefer the Ren vs the FS. However, if it's only a 1-night stay go with whichever is cheaper.

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:56 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I prefer the Ren vs the FS. However, if it's only a 1-night stay go with whichever is cheaper.
Sharon, as usual, is correct. In such quick-stay situations when I can't find a good a rate, I Priceline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.