Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:52 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I've removed several posts where people were discussing the poster rather than the topic. Please remember to keep the discussion on the subject rather than the poster.

Thanks,
yosithezet
Co-Moderator, SPG Forum
Old Mar 9, 2012, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I stayed here a few weeks ago for two nights. I only was in BKK for two nights between visits to REP and CEI. Couldn't resist the 2,111++ (or was it 2,211?) rate and didn't want to spend 500 points per night to get SPG50 at SGS (which still would have been 3,750++) for a quick, short stay. I never really thought about it that way, but SeanThePilot is absolutely right. You get it all in that walk down Soi 11. Definitely worth the walk for the experience, especially if you're not a Bangkok regular.
I have to agree. Well worth dodging a few tuk-tuks. Soi 11 was a great place to be on NYE...
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
You were asking for an upgrade and then got irritated that they didn't give you one?

The Front desk staff were absolutely right! They, as an aloft, do not upgrade. Read the SPG T&C's for the Platinum benefits. The first footnote explicitly says aloft and element do not participate in the upgrade benefit.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...preferred.html
I was never irritated. Can you point where in my postings I mentioned I was irritated? What I was doing was providing the dialog of the conversation I had with the front desk staff. It was the events that occurred during my check in. Please don't try to imply things that are not true. I was fully aware of the no upgrade at the Aloft, but it does not hurt to ask. I was given a non-suite upgrade and the front desk check in agent also explained that this was not commonly done. I was more than ok with that response.

Last edited by homemadeCheeseoneverything; Mar 11, 2012 at 10:59 pm
Old Mar 12, 2012, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by homemadeCheeseoneverything
I was never irritated. Can you point where in my postings I mentioned I was irritated? What I was doing was providing the dialog of the conversation I had with the front desk staff. It was the events that occurred during my check in. Please don't try to imply things that are not true. I was fully aware of the no upgrade at the Aloft, but it does not hurt to ask. I was given a non-suite upgrade and the front desk check in agent also explained that this was not commonly done. I was more than ok with that response.
just so you know, the suites at this property are not ready yet....i wanted to book one for my stay last week but since they weren't ready i stayed at the ros instead....
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:33 am

Has anyone had breakfast at this property? How is it, compared to, Four Points BKK?

Originally Posted by cxn
From what I was told it was 550 THB/person. The upgrade to full was 100 THB ++
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Aloft

Yes would also like to know what Breakfast is like and the pool please.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Yes would also like to know what Breakfast is like and the pool please.
Don't know about the breakfast, but you can find the pictures I took around the pool here.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by holtju2
Don't know about the breakfast, but you can find the pictures I took around the pool here.
Holtju thank you for the link. Excellent report. A quick question...how long is the pool in the shade?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:20 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
As a GOLD member, this is the perfect SPG hotel. I stayed at this hotel again recently. Very happy. 4 pm checkout offered. Free internet for all means 125 point amenity (instead of losing the points by virtue of choosing internet).

I was disappointed that when I asked for a room on the side without the adjacent building, I was offered the upgrade for 300THB extra. Without being too blunt, for 300THB extra I would be staying at a different property... so I declined.

And they have the coolest car elevator, for those that choose to park their own car instead of valet.

Interesting that while in the hotel, I was reading the Bangkok Post and noticed that the hotel is for sale. They had a 4x4 ad in the weekend paper. I know occupancy is high. Location is great. I wonder how much they are selling for?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
This is my favorite hotel in Bangkok...you can keep the Mandarin. If you're young and want to party it's perfect. The rooms are nice enough, clean and modern. The hotel bar is great, you're right across the street from Oskar and BED (with free admission to BED) and you're close to all the other nightlife on Sukhumvit. I stayed here 4 or 5 times as I crisscrossed through BKK on a several month Asia/Pacific odyssey. Thumbs up.
Old May 11, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
According to an article in "The Nation" today, the hotel is for sale. Whether it is just the property/real estate is not clear, but I presume that the franchise can continue under a new owner?
Old May 11, 2012, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by jefi99
According to an article in "The Nation" today, the hotel is for sale. Whether it is just the property/real estate is not clear, but I presume that the franchise can continue under a new owner?
Any details to the price and the rent paid? Can you post a link to the article?
Old May 11, 2012, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jefi99
posted here about a month ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...k-up-sale.html
Old May 11, 2012, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Maybe we can syndicate the investment and buy it ourselves. "Aloft FT Bangkok." Has a nice ring, don't you think?
Old May 11, 2012, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Maybe we can syndicate the investment and buy it ourselves. "Aloft FT Bangkok." Has a nice ring, don't you think?
i'm in....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.