Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 6:16 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
i stayed here two times, but i the 4points is by far the superior property especially for plats... i look the pool setting at the aloft.

The aloft is now a category 1 property which imo was a good decision... no reason to stay there on points if you can choose the 4points for the same "money"..

i see BAR at four points at 3900++ at aloft 3400++ i would never consider the aloft an option for this price... also the 4Points

btw i was upgraded to the room type with a better view at the aloft...
the construction for the floors with the suites was still in progress but i think they wont ever upgrade plats to the suites.

recently they introduced "touch room" some remote device.... check it out here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKWVm...ature=youtu.be
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cxn
No 'free' Breakfast outside of the Platinum Choice
what rate did you book????they currently have a thb 2,111 rate that includes free breakfast....
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:33 pm
cxn

Originally Posted by Keyser
what rate did you book????they currently have a thb 2,111 rate that includes free breakfast....
That rate includes 300 THB of 'credit'

Incl Free Internet And Double SPG points. Stay 02 nights GetTHB200 Food Credit with THB100 more for each additional nightDouble SPG Points
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:15 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Platinum choice now includes continental breakfast.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:26 am
cxn

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Platinum choice now includes continental breakfast.
Yes, that is what I said. The point is, they used to offer more now they offer less.

If I were a non-gold/plat I would stay here. Otherwise for a few dollars more, I would stay at the FP or other SPG Hotel.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by cxn
Yes, that is what I said. The point is, they used to offer more now they offer less.

If I were a non-gold/plat I would stay here. Otherwise for a few dollars more, I would stay at the FP or other SPG Hotel.
Yeah but it's not. "few dollars more". The current difference between the cheapest rates available at both properties is about 1000 baht.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cxn
No 'free' Breakfast outside of the Platinum Choice
Originally Posted by cxn

any idea what they are charging for a full breakfast????
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:17 am
cxn

Originally Posted by Keyser
any idea what they are charging for a full breakfast????
From what I was told it was 550 THB/person. The upgrade to full was 100 THB ++
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:49 am

Aloft in bangkok is a great place if you are young and want to go party. They have that gentleman's club and supper club right across the street. I have my assistant staying at the aloft often and he tells me that it still reeks of chemicals front the new build. Hallways and elevators. Not a good environment if you are planning to stay with your kids.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:27 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I don't think anywhere in Sukhumvit is a good area if you are concerned about your kids witnessing the sex industries.

Anyways, this hotel was great, super cheap, great pool, great gym, great typical Aloft room. I am inclined to suggest the 4 points, simply because I get points AND free brekkie, AND possibility of upgrades. But Aloft has the better pool. By far.

But for the price, it's great. Never made it to the club, although I loved spinning around on the hangy chairs on a wednesday night at 3am like a coked up 8 year old.

Got two free coffees apart of my rate, took FOREVER to make but great.

They have a super cute tuktuk that gives rides to the train so you can cheap ... it to the airport with ease. Dunno if this is free or not.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:35 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I have recently completed several visits to this property.

I give it "4 thumbs up" ^^^^

Room GREAT. Tastefully decorated, 42 in flatscreen (w/hdmi input) lots of outlets, good water pressure in the shower. Only downside of the room was no bathtub, which won't bother most people.

Khun Narongsak, the FOM called me having recognized my name from the SGS where he worked for years.

The front desk was professional to a fault.

I did not see or smell anything that would indicate the hotel is new or still undergoing renovations, even though they have many rooms still to finish.

BUT, the hotel is at the back of Soi 11, about 500 meters in. The walk can be an experience in dodging taxi touts, traffic, fruit sellers, street food, and taxi or massage touts. But, it makes for a lively 10 minute walk in and out of the soi. The good news is that the Nana Sky Train stairway is right at the corner of Soi 11.

Enjoy the Aloft. Great Hotel. Great Value.
I loved it.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
A cab ride from 4 points to Makasan station is about 50THB.
Plus if you travel on Air Asia, the Cityline ride to BKK is only 10THB until 31st March.

http://www.facebook.com/Suvarnabhumi...43164862436562

Originally Posted by cur
They have a super cute tuktuk that gives rides to the train so you can cheap ... it to the airport with ease. Dunno if this is free or not.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cur
I don't think anywhere in Sukhumvit is a good area if you are concerned about your kids witnessing the sex industries.
The Westin and SGS are on Sukhumvit, and you would be hard pressed to "witness" the sex industries there unless really looking or of course taking your kids to the bars.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:04 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The Westin and SGS are on Sukhumvit, and you would be hard pressed to "witness" the sex industries there unless really looking or of course taking your kids to the bars.
If you go between the SGS or Westin towards Soi11 to check out the markets or grab some dindin, you'd see plenty of women soliciting outside the bank, just west of the burger king.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cur
If you go between the SGS or Westin towards Soi11 to check out the markets or grab some dindin, you'd see plenty of women soliciting outside the bank, just west of the burger king.
I have walked many times between Soi11 and the SGS and Westin.
1) I can't recall a Burger King anywhere near there- there is a Burger King at Soi Nana which is may be what you are referring to?
2) The "markets"- meaning stalls selling illegal counterfeit goods are not interesting to me unless I am sending lawyers there for our clients to fine them and have them reopen the next day anyway
3) I am not sure what grabbing dindin is???

Which bank are women soliciting outside of? And would they bother your children? Really?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.