Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Would you recommend this hotel for a 20 something Gold in BKK looking to party? Seems like it would be a good choice...any luck on Gold upgrades?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Would you recommend this hotel for a 20 something Gold in BKK looking to party? Seems like it would be a good choice...any luck on Gold upgrades?
I haven't stayed at the Aloft yet and Soi 11 can be fun, but the 4Points is located slightly better to get out and about. I wouldn't rule out the Le Meridien either. wj
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes for good choice.

Upgrades no.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Stayed here for a night last weekend and found it to be a great place to stay in Bangkok (caveat: the only other SPG property I have stayed at BKK is the Le Meridien Surawong). Brand new property with clean and modern rooms. I was given a city view room at the 22nd floor - much better than the condo facing rooms on the other side. The pool (which I didn't use) looked great with a pseudo-infinity feel.

It's about 5 minutes walk to Sukhumvit/Nana BTS station, but there are plenty of food stalls and massage places on the way - so if you are tired, you can get a foot massage for 250 Baht

SPG gold and recently minted 30 year old and I love the hotel location and amenities.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone stayed here in a suite????considering trying this property out during my next stay in march....
Old Jan 25, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Let's say it like that:
Anyone less than Plat. should think about Aloft, if the room is at least 500 THB cheaper than in 4P, but for Platinums the calculation is a different. If I can book 4P for up to 700 THB or PA / LM for up to 1000 THB more, I always choose one of these other hotels, as there I get all the Plat. treatments !
500 instead of 250 *points
free ABF for 2 ( which is a real 5* buffet in PA and LM )
and almost 90 % suite upgrades
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by moa999
Also got the coupon for Bed/ Q which was used (the bed one saves an 800bht entry fee, although it comes with 2 drinks which are about 250-300bht a piece).
Are the two drinks free or do I have to pay for them at the club? Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
The free entry does not inlcude drinks. The 800 baht entrance fee gets you 2 free drinks.

So while the free entry is a nice perk, for those purchasing two drinks it is closer to a 300 baht benefit rather than the 800 baht benefit.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:32 am

Was there recently, but did not have breakfast. With the new Platinum benefit, what's the breakfast now like?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by Rusty65
The free entry does not inlcude drinks. The 800 baht entrance fee gets you 2 free drinks.

So while the free entry is a nice perk, for those purchasing two drinks it is closer to a 300 baht benefit rather than the 800 baht benefit.
Thanks Rusty. I'm over 21, but I can't afford 250b for a drink. I will enjoy the Plat. welcome drink though, in the privacy of my room.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Rusty65

You can get a free entry + a drink if you check in using FourSquare and enter before certain time.

But I do agree with you. Bought couple of drinks thee that would have been covered by the entrance fee if I had paid it.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, United PE, American Plat, Southwest A-list, Starwood Plat, Avis First
I'm a 20-something plat and I stayed here last month on points & points+cash (when I realized how good a deal that was).
Granted, there's no chance for those upgrades here but I was just looking for a pleasant base whilst in the city.
I was very happy with the rooms, location and service.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:47 pm

Good value for $65 US/night

Disclaimer: I have no status in SPG program, booked the cheapest room at $65/night, plus tax, no breakfast, and my expectations were set low.
I stayed at this hotel for (3) nights last month and was pleasantly surprised. Actually, I liked this hotel a lot.
First of all, the hotel still has that “new car” smell. The bed linens were crisp, the mattress was snow white, the shower tiles were shiny and the towels were fluffy. My room had (2) queen-sized beds and was big enough for one person. Temperature control in the room was very responsive and powerful . The room was exceptionally quiet, I did not hear any doors slamming in the hallway or guests flushing toilets in the middle of the night.
Water pressure and temperature controls in the shower were excellent. I liked the light fabric robe, the slippers and a single serving coffee maker that were provided even in the lowest category room.
The interior design of the hotel is created to project “sassy, edgy, spunky, contemporary, urban, chic” vibe, in other words the style is modern and upbeat. I was quite impressed with the artsy design of the convention facilities. If you get a chance to check it out for yourself, try to go before the crowds show up for a meeting. This will allow you to admire custom made carpets, bar design, light fixtures and the art works. Whoa, that’s all I can say and I am not one who cares for modern design.
The location of the hotel is convenient for both, business and pleasure. From morning to night, Soi 11 is bubbling with activities: there are food carts with constantly changing menus, bars on wheels, restaurants, live music, grocery store, 7-11 store, travel agencies, tailors, internet cafes, and of course, massage spas and parlors.
Morning breakfast at the temporary downstairs restaurant was not lavish but plentiful. The cost was 500THB for a single person, the same price as for (2) people. My room rate included one 300THB credit towards breakfast. The service staff was superb: they cleaned out breadcrumbs from inside the toasters after every second use. Any drop of something spilled on the floor was cleaned immediately. Plates were whisked away and silverware was replaced after each trip to the buffet.
The front desk and valet people were also friendly and helpful.

Now, my wish list for this hotel:
- provide a rubber mat for the shower: the floor is dangerously slippery while showering
- put a TV speaker or a second TV in the bathroom
- provide a foldable luggage stand for each room
- give hotel guests a choice of discount coupons for either the nearby spas or the Bed. Coran Spa is (3) minutes walk from the hotel and it is superb

In conclusion, if the rate continues to be at the $60-80/night level I will return to this hotel in the future.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Stayed here a couple of weeks ago for 2 nights and waited awhile to post a review.

Nice space, but a bit too edgy. Got a couple of coupons for free drinks, but having to endure high volume, high energy disco music and lights did not lend much to the enjoyment. Didn't work for me.

Much prefer the 4Points for location, ambiance and breakfast. Cocktail hour at the 4Points bar is fun and food offerings can be interesting.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:53 am
cxn

First stay here at Aloft. With the new platinum choice, they are no longer offering a drink a day. I picked the breakfast and while OK, nothing to write home about.

For the difference between this hotel and the Four Points, I will be back to the Four Points next time.

Pluses:

New Hotel

Minuses:

No upgrade for Plats
No 'free' Breakfast outside of the Platinum Choice
No more 'free' Drinks
Far walk from the Station

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.