Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:01 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
It is around 2km away. Easiest for a quick visit would be to jump on the BTS at Nana, switch lines at Siam and then hop off at Rajadamri - there is a link direct into the hotel - would take roughly 10 mins on the train I guess.

Taxi is doable but depending on the time of day, traffic is not going to be kind. If you insist on Taxi, I suggest you walk to the end of the soi towards Sukhumvt, cross over Sukhumvit and take a taxi from the other side - you will at least be pointing in the right direction.

Taxi drivers dont always know the property so tell them to go to either BTS Rajadamri or towards the Four Seasons and have them drive past - depends what you are able to communicate to them!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newshound
It is around 2km away. Easiest for a quick visit would be to jump on the BTS at Nana, switch lines at Siam and then hop off at Rajadamri - there is a link direct into the hotel - would take roughly 10 mins on the train I guess.
Might be even easier (depending on luggage) to walk down to the Grand Hyatt, cut through the shopping centre and pick up the BTS in the direction of Nana there- that way no changes and thus a little bit faster.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
Originally Posted by DGS822
anybody know how close this is to the st. regis? i might pop over in the morning before i leave BKK to see it and do a quick check-in to get an extra stay. with taxes it's under 80 USD
From St Regis, it could take 15-45min by car depending on the traffic durring morning rush hour.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, SPG-Plat, UAL 1K, CO Plat, Marriott Silver
Wow -- didn't realize how bad traffic was... I was thinking of going at 7am Sunday morning before I head to the airport.

Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Wow -- didn't realize how bad traffic was... I was thinking of going at 7am Sunday morning before I head to the airport.

Thanks for the info!
At 7am on a Sunday morning, it's probably no more than 10 minutes via cab between the two properties, in either direction. Actually, a really good time to go. Probably faster via cab than BTS at that time of day, since the wait between trains can be a little long!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
They are selling rates with breakfast included right now which are 250/bht p.p. more per night. So- if you are in two people the 2111 bht rate is 2611 bht. It is still a pretty good price.
It might only be 250BHT pp but if one is a Platinum member, breakky is complimentary at the nearby Four Points by Sheraton, WGS, SGS let alone the other properties of LM, StR, PA, ROS.

What is the breakky like at the aLoft anyway? Is it at Fuel?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
anybody know how close this is to the st. regis? i might pop over in the morning before i leave BKK to see it and do a quick check-in to get an extra stay. with taxes it's under 80 USD
please keep in mind that most properties in this area require you to personally checkout so just checking in & leaving might lead to some complications with your credit card on file....
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
It might only be 250BHT pp but if one is a Platinum member, breakky is complimentary at the nearby Four Points by Sheraton, WGS, SGS let alone the other properties of LM, StR, PA, ROS.
And I ended up moving that night to the nearby fourpoints, which I also haven't tried yet.

-David
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:33 pm

Great point.

Anybody have any experience in mattress running in thailand? can i check in and check out 5 minutes later?

I'm trying to think back to all my stays in Asia and can't remember if there was a time I just up and left or actually checked-out in person.

I imagine an e-mail could fix it up if I say I forgot to check out?

Thoughts?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Thanks. Few reports on tripadvisor as well

What is best way to get to Aloft during peak hour from the Airport??
1. Train to Makkasan, then taxi or
2. Train to Phaya Thai, BTS to Nana, hotel tuktuk

Note on newshounds post.
St. Regis is near BTS Rajadamri
Aloft is near BTS Nana/

Last edited by moa999; Dec 10, 2011 at 12:41 am
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Great point.

Anybody have any experience in mattress running in thailand? can i check in and check out 5 minutes later?

I'm trying to think back to all my stays in Asia and can't remember if there was a time I just up and left or actually checked-out in person.

I imagine an e-mail could fix it up if I say I forgot to check out?

Thoughts?
you have to sign the credit card slip during checkout otherwise they have some issues claiming the amount from the bank....its definitely not advisable to do this in asia....
Old Dec 10, 2011, 7:37 am

Well.. I can check-in and check right out and still get the stay credit for the night, right?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Well.. I can check-in and check right out and still get the stay credit for the night, right?
If you are planning to do it just to get a stay credit, I would be very frank about the plan with the front desk. I would pay it up front either by credit card or cash. Don't think that they can check you out immediately if you actually want to get a credit.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
Free Pass into Bed and Q Bar with points stay?

I want to give the ALoft a try. I enjoy all of the Starwood hotels in Bangkok (although I no longer stay on the river) depending on what I am doing and how long the stay is. I will have a short stay coming up and wanted to try out the new Aloft. I know that Soi 11 is an improving area for food and nightlife and I want to give it a try.

The question is whether I use the 2211 rate or cash and points. Cash and points is "cheaper" for me, but the style for a steal has small benefits such as double points and 200 baht voucher and free entry to Bed and Q bar - that last item is now the determining factor in which way I go.

All of their specialty rates seem to offer the free entry to the bars. So my question is whether this free entry is given to everyone staying, or just people on specific plans.

Also, if anyone knows if it is a ticket that can be used only for 1 person or everyone in the party can get in (in my case 3 total)?

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Rusty65
Also, if anyone knows if it is a ticket that can be used only for 1 person or everyone in the party can get in (in my case 3 total)?
No idea. Just check in using FourSquare before 11PM and you will get a free entrance and a drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.