Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:31 pm

Marriott Marquis NY - King size bed rooms not released ?

Last April, I was traveling by myself and they gave me 2 beds. They told me that I didn't request one king and they have no king available (of course a reservation for one person means two beds) . I don't even know how to request a specific bed type as they don't give the choice
After some internet issue in my room, I changed room less than one hour after check in and they gave me a king size bed on the same floor (Most probably if they have king on the same floor they also have other king available at other floors)

This month my parents stayed there and this time I indicate on marriott.com comments section of the reservation one king bed. (I know it doesn't worth much but I did that based on the front desk comments of my previous stay). Unfortunately no king was again available at check in.

Maybe the hotel keep the king for elites ? Any ideas ?

I love the location (I know I'm strange....) and I'd like to return later in the year with my wife but if no king available I'll have to rethink
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:37 am

Marriott Marquis Time Square New Years Eve - Help!

Does anyone know what it is like to have a non-view room for New Years Eve night?

Unfortunately it is a regular room, not the "Ball View Room". (That one was not even an option given.)

I have booked 3 nights, using more than half of my remaining points(135K). Now I am wondering if it is worth it. Would I be able to come out at 11pm and still see the action? I don't want to stay outside for hours and not pee, that's the whole point of booking the room.

Is there any way to upgrade to a ball view room? (With money or otherwise?) Any tips I should know? I do know know if it will be a unique experience, or waste of points... Can I bring couple of friends(above the 4 adults number they gave me) into my room prior to the street shutting down?
I would also love for my toddler son to experience the action, but obviously he is not equipped to stay outside for hours in the cold.

Has anyone stayed in non-view Marquis room on New Years Eve?

Any advice would be appreciated. This is kind of a big deal to us.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The hotel is probably going to be packed so unlikely for you to get a room upgrade especially without status. Doesn't hurt to ask at the desk, but don't count on it. Its a very expensive hotel for cash or points as you realized (overpriced on my opinion).

Never stayed there on NYE, but the area is going to be packed for hours prior to midnight. I'm sure you can bring people to your room earlier for a while. The limit is more pertaining to staying overnight. They're not going to be counting people... worst case you may need your room key for the elevator.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I am a plat and was there NYE 2009. we had a non-view room. It was completely non-view. Upgrade very unlikely. We wanted to be in Times Square anyway. They have a special key for that evening that shows you are a guest and allows access to and from the lobby.

They set up pens for people waiting until midnight. In most cases, you are stuck. As a guest, we were able to head our about 930 to enjoy the bands and festivities. It was awesome being in the middle of the music and fun.

Coming out at 11 might be difficult. I think there might not be room. I think 10 might be the latest.

The real pita was getting back in after midnight....elevator lines took forever. About 90 mins to get back to room. Don't plan on a bathroom break after you head out. Very difficult. I do think it would be tough on a Toddler. Everyone is standing tightly packed. Elevators are unique. You enter your room number and it tells you the elevator to go to that will stop on your floor.

Its a once in a lifetime experience.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:27 pm

Anyone stayed here recently and used the lounge? My wife and I are traveling with child. Are they enforcing the one guest file even for families? Is it open on weekends?
Old May 29, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dts9
Anyone stayed here recently and used the lounge? My wife and I are traveling with child. Are they enforcing the one guest file even for families? Is it open on weekends?
Lounge definitely closed on weekends. Don't know about the enforcement of only allowing 2 to enter - but they always seem to have someone at the desk checking everyone entering.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
Checked out Saturday. Yes closed at weekends and 1 guest plus member is enforced. It has made a massive difference to how busy the lounge was a couple of years ago. Now, however, people use the one red keycard as a relay baton or simply carry multiple plates of food out.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Anyone have an email for the GM or someone in sales/rooms at the NY Marquis?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
"Enjoy light snacks and beverages for members and one guest and continental breakfast, in the Lounge*."

Wife and I are planning on booking two rooms for stay in late December. People in the other room will be my relatives (2 adults and 2 kids). I'll be using my points to book the two rooms for us. I got Gold status, wife and relatives no status. Since the CL is for members and one guest, does not mean only my wife and I can get free breakfast?

Last edited by opus2002; Oct 13, 2014 at 1:19 pm
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Word is the Marquis is enforcing the +1. You might be able to "round-robin" the +1, but technically it's the elite+1. You get to choose the +1.

Cheers.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: MAR platinum, UA, DL
NYC Marriott Marquis-worth $70/night for upgrade with points?

Am platinum member and using points for 5 night stay at Marriott Marquis on Times Square during Thanksgiving week. Option available to have upgraded larger corner room for $70 per night. Is it worth $350 (maybe $280 because need points for 4 nights) to be guaranteed this room? Does the room include a separate living area and bedroom? I'm especially interested in experience of people who have stayed in this type of room at this hotel. Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
If it's the room I'm thinking of, those corner rooms do not have a separate living area. However, they are definitely bigger than a standard room. Actually one of my favorite rooms to get (the times I do get upgraded).

Not sure I would spend the extra $$ for that room, but since you are going to be there 5 nights, having a bit of extra space could be valuable.

I think they have those rooms on all four corners, so be prepared for a 9th avenue view.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by bitburgr
If it's the room I'm thinking of, those corner rooms do not have a separate living area. However, they are definitely bigger than a standard room. Actually one of my favorite rooms to get (the times I do get upgraded).

Not sure I would spend the extra $$ for that room, but since you are going to be there 5 nights, having a bit of extra space could be valuable.

I think they have those rooms on all four corners, so be prepared for a 9th avenue view.
According to the Marriott website the corner rooms are 30sqft bigger and don't mention separate living/sleeping areas. It really depends on your personal preference if you think that's necessary and worth it. With all the people in town for the Thanksgiving parade I wouldn't count on a comp upgrade.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
I do like the corner rooms and if you snag one as a Plat. upgrade, great.

But I do not think they would be worth the $$ upgrade. The regular rooms at this property are pretty large - certainly large for a FS Marriott and for NYC.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Lufthansa, Marriott, Hilton
I prefer the Essex nowadays. I walked down to the Marquis (last May) and saw some major construction going on with scaffolding up past the 8th floor lobby. But a few years ago, I stayed in one of those corner rooms (paid stay). I was misled by the room description that said "no connecting room" but it has a connecting room (loud TV and talking next door). (luckily I travel with ear plugs) Also the carpet was stained with coffee and some of the furniture was missing. My travel buddy had a couch and lamp in his small room and I noticed that something was missing from my long wall. I asked for the furniture to be replaced. The desk agent offered to move me but I decided to remain there since we were always gone all day. The room might be OK for a free stay but disappointing for a paid stay. P.S. It is just a larger room. There is one small window. There is a seating area where my couch would have been but it is not a living area. But the bed itself was great which was my decision to stay there. I imagined being placed in another room with a nice couch but with a lousy bed.

Last edited by RoundAbout; Nov 16, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.