Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:38 am

OK, I won't be in NYC today...but maybe some other of you Platinum members can use this, if you are going to be near Times Square tonight.....

On Friday, September 23rd, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., be the first of
50 Marriott Rewards Platinum members to show your Platinum Elite
membership card at the mSpot, at the media check-in area at the
corner of Broadway & 45th Street, and we will send you a set of the
new luxurious Marriott sheets, in your preferred size.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 9:09 am

Programs: Ex Marriot Platinum, CO Gold
Originally Posted by flyerwife
OK, I won't be in NYC today...but maybe some other of you Platinum members can use this, if you are going to be near Times Square tonight.....

On Friday, September 23rd, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., be the first of
I may have to check that out... seems like a deal! Where did you hear about this?
Old Sep 23, 2005, 9:12 am

Programs: NW, Marriott, Starwood
Originally Posted by flyerwife
....On Friday, September 23rd, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., be the first of 50 Marriott Rewards Platinum members to show your Platinum Elite
That stinks, I just checked out of there this morning - I'm flying out this afternoon so there is no way for me to take advantage. All of my hotel sheets were changed to the new sheets yesterday, they are really nice, I'd definitly would have liked to try to get a free set .

Not sure why this offer hasn't been mentioned more, especially at the hotel itself??
Old Sep 23, 2005, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by eduboys
I may have to check that out... seems like a deal! Where did you hear about this?
It came in an e-mail from Marriott about 2 weeks ago....maybe because I am a New York based Plat??

September Rocks with Marriott in New York City

There's no place like the greatest city in the world to host a party
and Marriott is doing just that. And you're invited! Join us at the
mSpot in New York's Times Square September 21-24, as Marriott Hotels
and Resorts introduces its exciting new guest room, along with some
of the rock world's hottest acts.

Plus, on Friday, September 23rd, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., be the first of

Get ready to Experience Marriott Now by going to the mSpot and
joining us in Times Square!
Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:28 am

Come to think of it, I received an e-mail about the mSpot, probably just didn't bother to read the details. Anyway thanks for the heads up, I'm going to try to score some free sheets.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 1:28 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
I just learned about the new room through this website: http://www.experiencemarriott.com

Pretty cool features are demonstrated if you have a broadband connection.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 9:30 pm

Programs: HH Gld, MR Plt, PC Plt, AA Plt, CO Gld, Amtrk S+
I received the email last week. Stopped by at about 6:40p today and put my name on the list for a set of Queen sheets. I was about # 20.

The set up was pretty impressive.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:53 pm

I was there around 20 after 6... nice deal... I'm psyched to get some new sheets!
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:59 am

Anyone receive the sheets yet? I know its only been about 4 weeks, but I'm getting anxious.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:18 am

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Ditto

Originally Posted by eduboys
Anyone receive the sheets yet? I know its only been about 4 weeks, but I'm getting anxious.
Me too!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Self-park options near NY Marriott Marquis?

I will be taking Mrs. LPCJr to the Marriott Marquis for a one-night stay, on a Saturday night. I'm not thrilled with the idea of paying $45 for parking, though I do realize it's NYC. Does anyone know of any nearby garages that would likely to be any cheaper?

Keep in mind, we will probably arrive around 11 AM on Saturday, and not leave till about 7 PM on Sunday. I'm assuming that the Marriott would only charge me for one night, whereas a regular garage would charge for the actual time parked.

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:15 am

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
Originally Posted by LPCJr
I will be taking Mrs. LPCJr to the Marriott Marquis for a one-night stay, on a Saturday night. I'm not thrilled with the idea of paying $45 for parking, though I do realize it's NYC. Does anyone know of any nearby garages that would likely to be any cheaper?

Keep in mind, we will probably arrive around 11 AM on Saturday, and not leave till about 7 PM on Sunday. I'm assuming that the Marriott would only charge me for one night, whereas a regular garage would charge for the actual time parked.

Thanks!
This is going to be more of a general answer re: parking in NYC, rather than the specific hotel to which you refer.

Most hotels contract out their parking to a local garage. The hotels charge a rate that is different than what the garage charges, but provides the service of valet, in most instances. If you are looking to stay for longer than one full 24-hour period, then you are more likely to negotiate that with the hotel. The garages are going to be pretty strict on the hourly policy. Further, $45 is not an outrageous price for the Times Square area.

Good luck,
Stevekoe
Old Nov 7, 2005, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by LPCJr

Thanks!
I'm a New Yorker so when I'm going downtown I use cabs or public transportation.

But, there was a time when I drove downtown on a fairly regular basis (weekday nights) and I parked in the Port Authority Bus Terminal (Park & Lock).

The Marriott Marquis is in Times Square between 46th and 47th Streets and the Port Authority Bus Terminal's on Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 40th Streets (Eighth Avenue runs northbound only) so you'd drive in via Ninth Avenue. The PA Terminal's 42nd St/8th Avenue exit/entrance is walkable to/from the Marriott Marquis and if you walk between the avenues on 42nd St. you'll be fine - good police presence (as there is in Times Square).

Now, as to price - this page will give you the tariff - significantly less than any hotel/valet setup and no tipping required.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTrave...l/parking.html

The only issue would be whether you and the wife and manage w/luggage between the Port Authority Terminal and the hotel.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 1:50 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
Excellent suggestion! I would imagine that the OP would be able to drop off the luggage at the Marriott Marquis for holding at the bell stand while he parked the car. That may require a small tip, but would still be less expensive than the valet.

I have a friend staying at the Westin TS and I volunteered to pick her up at LGA and then head into the city for a day of fun. I may just use the parking at the PA like you suggested....easier than trying to find/feed a meter nearby.

Stevekoe
Old Nov 7, 2005, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.