Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2002, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Location: Flooded out of Metairie, LA--moved to Baton Rouge! AA EXP/2MM; AirTran Elite; DL Nobody; Marriott Uber Plat; *Wood Gold; Maker's Mark Ambassador

What can I expect if I stay at the Marriott near Times Square in New York. I am going to NY in early June.

What are the chances of an upgrade and what type of room would I receive.

I was also considering the Hilton Times Square--can anyone compare the two?

------------------
MetairieTraveler

If this Friday, then I must be sitting in a plane drinking Makers' Mark and water.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 2:46 pm

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MetairieTraveler:
What can I expect if I stay at the Marriott near Times Square in New York. I am going to NY in early June.

</font>
Too bad you didn't get wind of the W-Times Square pricing fiasco soon enough.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MetairieTraveler:

</font>
I've never stayed at the Marquis before, but I do know they run 90% occ yearly so I would doubt you'll get an upgrade
Old Jan 8, 2002, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
I've never stayed at the Marquis before, but I do know they run 90% occ yearly so I would doubt you'll get an upgrade</font>
My info is about 12 months old as I have moved to NY but I used to stay here a lot (&gt;100 nights in '98 and '99).

Being a PLAT you usually do get an upgrade. The concierge lounge is (used to be?)excellent. The hotel itself is centrally located but very big and busy; bit of a zoo, but it adds to the NY experience...
Old Jan 8, 2002, 5:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Upgrade will be extremely difficult unless you are a PLAT. If can't get upgrade, request a corner room as they are much larger than the standard rooms.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 8:30 pm

Regardless of the room, plan on 15 minutes just to get from room to ground. The elevators are s l o w.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Jan 8, 2002, 10:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Nice property, great location. Wouldn't be my choice for business, but good for a leisure visit.

The elevators are, indeed, very slow. Especially at peak times in the evening before/after guests head to/from the theatres.

I really like their lobby bar. Last time I had a great bartender serving me. Best of all, he was a Mets fan. Game One of the World Series was on the television. We cheered on the Dbacks together!
Old Jan 9, 2002, 7:10 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not my cup of tea so to speak, but a genuinely nice property and my visit last year was FAR better than I expected including an UG on a rock bottom rate! I would not have believed it, but I really was treated well and enjoyed the stay!
Old Jan 9, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta, AA
Not one of my favorites. Standard rooms are "standard" at best. Elevators are verry slow, especially at holidays when the hotel is jammed. You can walk forever to get to your room, depending on where it is. Great Times Square location, if that is where you want to be.
Old Jan 9, 2002, 1:14 pm

Great property for mid-town business..If you don't get an upgrade, ask for high floor(4220+) and facing North towards Central Park ...rooms near this corner will be looking directly down Broadway from your bed...floor to ceiling window..what a rush..
Old Apr 18, 2005, 3:39 pm

Programs: US-Chairman, Hyatt_Diamond
The New York Marriott Marquis

I was back to this hotel, fully expecting the elevators to be working. They were not. Customers are now getting aggressive with the staff. More staff and quite a bit more security has been added in an attempt to keep control of the situation. It does not appear to be working well.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The M-Spot

I had seen their new marketing campaign at Terminal B in IAD, but here's some stuff on "The M-Spot" in NY if anyone's interested - http://www.marriottmspot.com - its about the new bedding packages I think.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:26 am

It actually looks pretty cool - they have set up a full room in Times Square and will have performers throughout the week. Pretty extensive marketing campaign for their new bedding, room decor and HD TV's - Way to go Marriott!
Old Sep 22, 2005, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Has anyone gone to the "mSpot" @ NYC Marriott Marquis?

I got an invitation to go but I am not really sure what the 'mSpot' entails? Is it a nightclub? bar?

Nor am I sure where it is in the hotel?

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2005, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by uncle wiggily
I got an invitation to go but I am not really sure what the 'mSpot' entails? Is it a nightclub? bar?

Nor am I sure where it is in the hotel?

Thanks
Go to Marriott's news releases (dated 9/21/05) on their website. You'll understand the "M Spot" reference and there are a couple of pictures to view.

http://marriott.com/news/default.mi?WT_Ref=news_MIcorp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.