Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Textile
Unfortunately since we are New Yorkers - flying to those places isn't an option as when we return its a 14 day quarantine (I'm thinking AZ is back on the list shortly - like what happened to us when we were in VA) -- and all of the RC's I have tried to find in states that I am allowed to travel freely to are still closed.... We are considered essential workers so we technically could get tested when we return and not have to quarantine -- like our Governor did when he came back - but it's not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the help though -- this is just one of those wacky years!
I live in New York and just got back from a business trip to D.C. There is no restriction on travelers from Washington to NYC. And you don't have to fly. I took the Acela and was in D.C. in 3 hours. As said, the restaurants are open there and the foodie scene is really good these days.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
I live in New York and just got back from a business trip to D.C. There is no restriction on travelers from Washington to NYC. And you don't have to fly. I took the Acela and was in D.C. in 3 hours. As said, the restaurants are open there and the foodie scene is really good these days.
Ooh just noticed that DC just came off the list -- thanks both might check it out! Believe it or not the wife much prefers to fly when we are in the states -- and trains in Japan...
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Planning to stay here in September (27-30) any recent reviews/reports? Are the pics on Tripadvisor post or pre remodeling?
Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MB Titanium
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Planning to stay here in September (27-30) any recent reviews/reports? Are the pics on Tripadvisor post or pre remodeling?
Stayed here one night last month. To put it plainly, the hotel was creepy. Times Square itself was a ghost town, but this hotel was worse. Whole place was empty, and half of it was under renovation. You enter street level, go through security, and then proceed to 8th floor lobby. On your way up you can see various vacated event spaces that are under construction, but add to the weird vibe. However, the front desk staff was nice and I got upgraded to a larger guest room. You could tell it was an old room that had been renovated. Overall decent room. We ended our stay early and went to the Renaissance Midtown and had a great stay.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by chantz94
Stayed here one night last month. To put it plainly, the hotel was creepy. Times Square itself was a ghost town, but this hotel was worse. Whole place was empty, and half of it was under renovation. You enter street level, go through security, and then proceed to 8th floor lobby. On your way up you can see various vacated event spaces that are under construction, but add to the weird vibe. However, the front desk staff was nice and I got upgraded to a larger guest room. You could tell it was an old room that had been renovated. Overall decent room. We ended our stay early and went to the Renaissance Midtown and had a great stay.
This is well said and I agree. I was there about 3 weeks ago. Prior to the apocalypse, this was a great property. the gym was fantastic. The lounge was great(but usually crowded) and I was always upgraded to a larger room. If memory serves me correctly, this is one of the largest domestic properties in the Marriott system by number of rooms. It feels really odd now. When i am in the city i still stay here for convenience: it may sound like an odd reason but when I hop in a cab EVERY driver knows where the Marquis is. Other hotels they may or may not be familiar with.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chantz94
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
This is well said and I agree. I was there about 3 weeks ago. Prior to the apocalypse, this was a great property. the gym was fantastic. The lounge was great(but usually crowded) and I was always upgraded to a larger room. If memory serves me correctly, this is one of the largest domestic properties in the Marriott system by number of rooms. It feels really odd now. When i am in the city i still stay here for convenience: it may sound like an odd reason but when I hop in a cab EVERY driver knows where the Marquis is. Other hotels they may or may not be familiar with.
Thank You!

Did they renovate all the rooms last year or only some rooms? I see photos on TripAdvisor from 2020 with both old and new bathrooms.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MB Titanium
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Thank You!

Did they renovate all the rooms last year or only some rooms? I see photos on TripAdvisor from 2020 with both old and new bathrooms.
I think the majority of the rooms have been renovated. The one I stayed in a couple months ago was renovated. As you travel up the elevator you can see the floors that they are currently renovating (old carpet, paint, etc.), and it’s just a few that are left. My guess is that they aren’t selling the floors that haven’t been renovated yet.
Old May 9, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
It seems all of the hotel restaurants are still closed. A lot of the nearby restaurants are closed too if Google Maps is correct. Does anyone know of a nearby place to grab breakfast early if you're in a hurry?
Old May 9, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jaxbill
It seems all of the hotel restaurants are still closed. A lot of the nearby restaurants are closed too if Google Maps is correct. Does anyone know of a nearby place to grab breakfast early if you're in a hurry?
There are plenty of restaurants open in the area for lunch and dinner. I don't know about breakfast, but there's always McDonalds for Egg McMuffins.
jaxbill likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 9:36 am

Well it’s not inexpensive and not necessarily quick but my favorite is Juniors Cheesecake which is right next to the hotel and opens daily at 7am right now for breakfast.

This is a solid “skip lunch” breakfast!

https://www.juniorscheesecake.com/bl.../times-square/
jaxbill and WasKnown like this.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

There are lots of options in the area. One suggestion is to look at any of the food delivery apps and see what is open. Also, there have been lots of street vendors selling food in the area plus the Whole Foods in Bryant Park.
jaxbill likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Dairy Queen is almost everywhere around Times Square and open when I was there last week (I stayed at Muse).
jaxbill likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I just finished up a Memorial Day weekend stay here. Despite its Times Square location, I have always wanted to stay here for the atrium and elevators, which did not disappoint. The 5-6 lowest guest floors look to still be undergoing renovations due to the coverings over the hallways, but the lobby is back on floor 8. No food/beverage options, so Elites should (assuming my stay posts correctly tomorrow morning - my check-in agent seemed a bit confused, but the second agent I spoke with confirmed the policy without confusion) get 1000 points per night due to the property being on the breakfast-exempt list. While most of floor 8 is curtained off (including the side with the under-construction M Club), a large seating area was open with microwaves and plenty of tables to sit down and view the atrium. There was a rather fervent security team on floor 1 checking for room keys before entering the elevator circle.

I was upgraded to a Corner Premier King room on the 44th of 45 floors, facing Times Square (no suites for sale on the website). The Premier rooms have smaller windows than most rooms as they are located on the ends of the hallway (and look like a typical end-of-hallway window). However, the room was incredibly spacious with a nice leather couch and separate chair in the "living room" space nearest the TV with the bed behind the couch. The bed was a bit more firm than some other Marriott beds, but I slept really well. I also was very pleased with the quality of the pillows. The bathroom was normal-sized with a walk-in shower. The most unique thing in the room was definitely the extra-large safe with multiple shelves - the buttons were a bit finicky, but they worked after you got used to how hard they needed to be pressed.

The room was quite spotless, and daily housekeeping was offered (I was asked at check-in). The housekeeper on my floor was exceedingly friendly, asking me about my schedule when she noticed me leaving for the day and, on my final day, asking "I know you have a late checkout, but do you need anything for the rest of your stay?"

I didn't use it, but I did notice that the fitness center was only open in the mornings and evenings.

Overall, the cleanliness and size of the room, along with the novelty of the building's atrium architecture, definitely made this a great stay, despite the lack of food-based Elite benefits at this time.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I just finished up a Memorial Day weekend stay here. Despite its Times Square location, I have always wanted to stay here for the atrium and elevators, which did not disappoint. The 5-6 lowest guest floors look to still be undergoing renovations due to the coverings over the hallways, but the lobby is back on floor 8. No food/beverage options, so Elites should (assuming my stay posts correctly tomorrow morning - my check-in agent seemed a bit confused, but the second agent I spoke with confirmed the policy without confusion) get 1000 points per night due to the property being on the breakfast-exempt list. While most of floor 8 is curtained off (including the side with the under-construction M Club), a large seating area was open with microwaves and plenty of tables to sit down and view the atrium.

Overall, the cleanliness and size of the room, along with the novelty of the building's atrium architecture, definitely made this a great stay, despite the lack of food-based Elite benefits at this time.
What is the M club?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:08 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by No Clue
What is the M club?
The club lounge for Marriott hotels offered to Platinum+ elites and people that choose to pay for it

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I just finished up a Memorial Day weekend stay here. Despite its Times Square location, I have always wanted to stay here for the atrium and elevators, which did not disappoint. The 5-6 lowest guest floors look to still be undergoing renovations due to the coverings over the hallways, but the lobby is back on floor 8. No food/beverage options, so Elites should (assuming my stay posts correctly tomorrow morning - my check-in agent seemed a bit confused, but the second agent I spoke with confirmed the policy without confusion) get 1000 points per night due to the property being on the breakfast-exempt list. While most of floor 8 is curtained off (including the side with the under-construction M Club), a large seating area was open with microwaves and plenty of tables to sit down and view the atrium. There was a rather fervent security team on floor 1 checking for room keys before entering the elevator circle.

I was upgraded to a Corner Premier King room on the 44th of 45 floors, facing Times Square (no suites for sale on the website). The Premier rooms have smaller windows than most rooms as they are located on the ends of the hallway (and look like a typical end-of-hallway window). However, the room was incredibly spacious with a nice leather couch and separate chair in the "living room" space nearest the TV with the bed behind the couch. The bed was a bit more firm than some other Marriott beds, but I slept really well. I also was very pleased with the quality of the pillows. The bathroom was normal-sized with a walk-in shower. The most unique thing in the room was definitely the extra-large safe with multiple shelves - the buttons were a bit finicky, but they worked after you got used to how hard they needed to be pressed.

The room was quite spotless, and daily housekeeping was offered (I was asked at check-in). The housekeeper on my floor was exceedingly friendly, asking me about my schedule when she noticed me leaving for the day and, on my final day, asking "I know you have a late checkout, but do you need anything for the rest of your stay?"

I didn't use it, but I did notice that the fitness center was only open in the mornings and evenings.

Wow. It sounds like you had an incredible stay from every perspective. Glad you enjoyed! Out of curiosity, does anyone know if this a Marriott operated hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.