Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
"Daily destination fee of USD 30 plus tax will be added to the room rate and includes USD 30 food and beverage credit"

Does anyone know if that's a $30 credit per day or stay?
Old May 9, 2022, 9:20 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
While I haven't stayed there since they've added the Destination fee, I'd guess it is one $30 credit per stay based on the wording. They would have said "daily" if it were applied every day. Since they didn't say that, my guess is you just get it once.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
While I haven't stayed there since they've added the Destination fee, I'd guess it is one $30 credit per stay based on the wording. They would have said "daily" if it were applied every day. Since they didn't say that, my guess is you just get it once.
Thanks and you're correct. I had to call the hotel about something else this morning and they confirmed it was per stay.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Does this new fee apply to Titanium's and Ambassadors? Other chains do not make their elites pay these amenity fees.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
The destination fee is almost assuredly daily, as are almost all such destination / resort fees. A quick 3 night test booking at the Marriott website confirms that destination fees total $90, or $30 per night at the Marquis. And in general, destination/resort fees are not waived for elite guests, though some have been able to get them waived as a goodwill.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: DL DM
My experience of the $30 destination fee in New York is that it's a per day fee which would be offset by daily food charges. So, if your stay is for two nights, you'll have the $30 fee twice. Similarly, if you have charges at the hotel's restaurant on both days, you'll get a maximum of a $30 credit each day against your changes. As a Plat or higher, if you choose free breakfast (at locations without a lounge, for example), you should consider having an additional meal each day since you're already paying for at least $30.
Adelphos likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
The destination fee is almost assuredly daily, as are almost all such destination / resort fees. A quick 3 night test booking at the Marriott website confirms that destination fees total $90, or $30 per night at the Marquis. And in general, destination/resort fees are not waived for elite guests, though some have been able to get them waived as a goodwill.
Right. Do note that you'll get a $30 credit against daily food & beverage charges. In addition, they'll pitch some additional "services" value items associated with the daily fee. I don't have the list of items they include but it included items like:
  • Some ticket to some event which you'll likely not be attending
  • 1 free laundry item per day ... which may not be feasible to claim unless you are staying multiple days
  • Free WiFi --- which you would have already included for various Bonvoy levels
Adelphos likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cre95
Right. Do note that you'll get a $30 credit against daily food & beverage charges.
Just for clarity. The question wasn't if the the Destination fee was daily (I think that was already understood.) The question was whether the $30 F&B credit was daily or not. And the answer is: it isn't.
Adelphos likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Just for clarity. The question wasn't if the the Destination fee was daily (I think that was already understood.) The question was whether the $30 F&B credit was daily or not. And the answer is: it isn't.
Apologies, I think I made that mistake
Old May 9, 2022, 6:27 pm

From my experience based on a stay last week, the destination fee AND the credit are both processed on a daily basis. So, you get a “daily” destination fee of $30 and a F&B credit of up to $30. Having known this from past experience, I did partake on food expenses that exceeded $30 each day and received a $30 credit on each day as well.
Old May 22, 2022, 7:28 pm

I just got back from the NY Marquis. At check-in, I was told the F&B credit would be daily and sure enough, I received the $30 credit for each of the three days. We had breakfast at the Revel and Rye and one dinner at the Broadway Lounge. Seating for breakfast is at Revel and Rye whether or not you're going for the buffet. I had the buffet the first morning and wasn't impressed. It was $37. The second morning I had the french toast and a fruit plate for the same $37. The french toast was to die for and the Vermont maple syrup was actually the real stuff, not flavored corn syrup like at most places. I read lots of reviews from people complaining about wait times despite empty tables, but not in our experience. It was very busy but we never had to wait long at all to be seated and served.
Adelphos likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the club lounge here open on weekends?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:27 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I saw folks walking into there when we were in the lobby (best bathrooms in Times Square) a few weeks ago
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC 75K, Bonvoy Plat , HH Diamond, Hertz PC
M Club Hours

We stayed at this hotel last week, here are the opening hours of the M Club (8th Floor):

Club Hours
Sun-Thurs: 6h30 AM - 10h00 PM
Fri-Sat: 6h30 AM - 2h00 PM

Breakfast
Mon-Sun: 6h30 AM - 9h30 AM

Hors d'Oeuvres
Sun-Thurs: 5h00 PM - 7h30 PM

Club Bar
Sun-Thurs: 5h00 PM - 10h00 PM
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by YUL1941
We stayed at this hotel last week, here are the opening hours of the M Club (8th Floor):

Club Hours
Sun-Thurs: 6h30 AM - 10h00 PM
Fri-Sat: 6h30 AM - 2h00 PM

Breakfast
Mon-Sun: 6h30 AM - 9h30 AM

Hors d'Oeuvres
Sun-Thurs: 5h00 PM - 7h30 PM

Club Bar
Sun-Thurs: 5h00 PM - 10h00 PM
do they check ID or room key? how is it controlled?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.