Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ryandk
Here's a response I got from the Marriott Marquis on Facebook when I asked about the "Destination Fee":

Our Daily Destination fee includes thoughtful upgrades designed to enhance your stay in New York City. The is $25 plus tax per day. The daily offerings include:
• $15 Food Credit to Fresh Bites*
• Enhanced Internet and Local/Long Distance Calls
• NYC Downtown Loop or Cruise Ticket (1 per day). See City Experts on 8th floor to redeem
• Cycle Class at CYC Fitness (1 per day). See Concierge on 8th floor to redeem

It's a total cash-grab. How is this legal?
Thank you very much for getting that information

Internet aside (I get that for being gold), I can see me using 2 of the other 3 options, so at least I will get some sort of use out of the rip off charge.
respectfulhelper likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
At least it isn't like the Sheraton Old San Juan that charges a "housekeeping fee." ....
coffee18 and rt23456p like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I hate those fees in resorts but this is just plain ridiculous and makes me stay elsewhere. Too bad as I liked the hotel 🤬
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bdschobel
I totally agree. The place is expensive enough already without adding a garbage fee. And I never could understand why "resort fees" don't earn Marriott Rewards points. How are these fees distinguishable from the ordinary room rate? Anyway, I won't be returning to this hotel. Nevermore.

Bruce
For meetings that I plan I've had luck getting properties to reduce or drop amenity/destination/resort fees from group rate contracts. Another frustrating fee they often charge is porterage, regardless of whether you use the bellman or not. The J.W. Marriott Los Cabos charges all guests, not just those on a group rate contract, porterage fees.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone had any luck getting them to waive or reduce the Destination Fee?

If you don't use the $15 Fresh Bites credit, you should be able to bank it. You've paid for it, after all.

Grrr...
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
This is by far my least favorite hotel in NYC. The elevators are enough to drive a person insane. And it is outrageously expensive for absolutely nothing special. And the Concierge Lounge is just a glorified food trough. The Renaissance up the block is a far better choice.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA
Thank you.
Amazing list. LOT of work.
Hello front desk. I lost my key card. Can I have several other of different colors as I’ll loose them as well. Hihihi
Hi all,
New to Marriott Marquis and new Marriott rewards member. Do not have anything but basic status with them. Might be a stupid question, but do all guests get access to the lounge with breakfast or only platinum members? I don't really care for myself, but my significant other is traveling with me and wanted to have her taken care of for breakfast.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by uzzet
Hi all,
New to Marriott Marquis and new Marriott rewards member. Do not have anything but basic status with them. Might be a stupid question, but do all guests get access to the lounge with breakfast or only platinum members? I don't really care for myself, but my significant other is traveling with me and wanted to have her taken care of for breakfast.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Basic status = no access
gold + plat = access for 2 (plus child only if under 5)

Enjoy
kindly
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:54 pm

What is your experience using the Mobile Key at the Marriott Marquis Times Square? Do you need to stand in line at the check in desk or can you go right to your room? Coming from a long flight and want to expedite getting in the room.

Maggie
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Gold

as an gold, what are the benefits anyone about to get recently? Upgrade? Lounge access? Anything?

Planing our summer trip
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How is this property for upgrades? I am a Titanium member, any chance of a half decent upgrade?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
How is this property for upgrades? I am a Titanium member, any chance of a half decent upgrade?
I am an Ambassador level guest and never received an upgrade here. I usually get a standard room on a high floor with lounge access.

This hotel is usually very busy, probably does not have a lot of suites and has little desire to upgrade non repeat guests.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
According to Wikipedia, the Marquis has 57 suites and 1,892 rooms.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:50 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
It has been a few years since my last stay here, but as Marriott Rewards Plat (now under the Bonvoy banner a Titanium), I would usually be upgraded to a TS view room which was a decent sized room (especially for NY.) But I've never been upgraded to a suite there.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does anybody have an email contact for Guest relations / GM at this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.