Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:00 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by navatwal
Does anybody have an email contact for Guest relations / GM at this property?
Hey navatwal!

The email address for the Front Desk Managers of the New York Marriott Marquis is: [email protected]. Safe travels!
dgreen12 and KRSW like this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Hi everyone

I recently stayed at this hotel and it was only for one night, I was able to use my SNA and I was able to obtain the upgrade. However, I was informed the morning of checkout only and not prior to arriving at the hotel nor at time of check in that this hotel does NOT honour late checkout to the Marriott status members. As such, if late checkout is important to you, then you should stay at the many other Marriott properties (Westin, W and Sheraton) in the area, that offer late check out. The rooms were nice. As for the "resort fee", I also agree that it is a "cash grab" especially for those of us that have wifi included as part of our loyalty to the brand. We used it on having drinks and food at the hotel restaurant, which we normally wouldn't have utilised. Unsure if I would return to this hotel.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just had a stay under COVID. The hotel was mostly empty. I observed a euro flight crew checking in and a few other guests here and there. All the floors above the lobby up to where the guest rooms begin are under various stages of construction work. Probably redoing the restaurant for more spaced out seating, etc. There is an armed security guard at the ground floor entrance checking everyone who comes in.

I was given all the water bottles I wanted and 4pm check out. No upgrade or any titanium benefits other than 1000 bonus points.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 5MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I’m thinking about visiting NewYork over Labor Day, did the hotel do anything to check regarding the 14 day quarantine rule?
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smessaert
I’m thinking about visiting NewYork over Labor Day, did the hotel do anything to check regarding the 14 day quarantine rule?
No questions whatsoever. But I guess that is a YMMV. There was only one check in agent day or night.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Are they still charging a resort fee or destination fee despite not providing anything for it?
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rylan
Are they still charging a resort fee or destination fee despite not providing anything for it?
Nope. But this was an award night. Pointsaver 45,000.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stimpy
Nope. But this was an award night. Pointsaver 45,000.
That doesn't matter. Unlike Hyatt and Hilton, Marriott does not waive destination fees on awards.
I wouldn't be worried about the hotel, I'd be worried about the NY Attorney General's office.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
How are we to interpret this? NY state has 14 day quarantine rule for travelers from 34 states that travelers should adhere to period!

Originally Posted by Kacee
I wouldn't be worried about the hotel, I'd be worried about the NY Attorney General's office.
+1! And we wonder why we can't get this thing under control....because people cannot stick to the rules and laws.

Common question

How can I report someone who is not adhering to the New York's quarantine travel restrictions?

To file a report of an individual failing to adhere to the quarantine pursuant to the travel advisory click here or call 1-833-789-0470.

COVID-19 Travel Advisory | Department of Health

Last edited by christianj; Aug 26, 2020 at 11:04 am
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Hi - does anyone have an email address for this property? I want to find out what is currently open - like the fitness center or the Executive Lounge? I have tried calling but can;t get an actual on-site person to answer, and the email address from a few posts back does not work any longer. Thank you!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Textile
Hi - does anyone have an email address for this property? I want to find out what is currently open - like the fitness center or the Executive Lounge? I have tried calling but can;t get an actual on-site person to answer, and the email address from a few posts back does not work any longer. Thank you!
As of a week ago, there were no such services at the hotel and only one person at the front desk to answer the phone. It is very bare bones. You get a room and a couple of water bottles and that's it.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:41 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Hi there - I called the hotel and the front desk agent informed me that all the facilities, restaurants/lounges, etc. are closed; only guest rooms are open in the hotel. I hope this helps!

Best,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
[email protected]
Old Sep 1, 2020, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi there - I called the hotel and the front desk agent informed me that all the facilities, restaurants/lounges, etc. are closed; only guest rooms are open in the hotel. I hope this helps!

Best,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
[email protected]
Wow - thank you! We live in NYC and gyms can re-open tomorrow and this weekend we were looking for a place to stay to celebrate our anniversary -- and at least the MM was open lol... It's a bit depressing - this will be the first time since we were married that we won't be able to spend our anniversary night in a RC somewhere in the world -- it's a treat we've enjoyed so many years after our wedding at the RC Tokyo...
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Wow - thank you! We live in NYC and gyms can re-open tomorrow and this weekend we were looking for a place to stay to celebrate our anniversary -- and at least the MM was open lol... It's a bit depressing - this will be the first time since we were married that we won't be able to spend our anniversary night in a RC somewhere in the world -- it's a treat we've enjoyed so many years after our wedding at the RC Tokyo...
Not sure if you are willing to fly, but Ritz-Carlton Dove Valley in AZ looks decent, and AZ is no longer on the quarantine list for the tri-state area. Ritz-Carlton DC is also an option, restaurants are open for indoor dining there.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Not sure if you are willing to fly, but Ritz-Carlton Dove Valley in AZ looks decent, and AZ is no longer on the quarantine list for the tri-state area. Ritz-Carlton DC is also an option, restaurants are open for indoor dining there.
Unfortunately since we are New Yorkers - flying to those places isn't an option as when we return its a 14 day quarantine (I'm thinking AZ is back on the list shortly - like what happened to us when we were in VA) -- and all of the RC's I have tried to find in states that I am allowed to travel freely to are still closed.... We are considered essential workers so we technically could get tested when we return and not have to quarantine -- like our Governor did when he came back - but it's not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the help though -- this is just one of those wacky years!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.