Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
when I've stayed here, I have managed to get a 2pm checkout. They usually say 1pm, and need to be pushed a bit though.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
I can always try when I check in, and then try again in the morning . . .

As a gold, what guarantees do I have?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
No guarantee, but it is based on availability. You would be granted a late check out before someone with no status or silver status, based on when you ask for your late check out.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
So the best time to ask is at check in?

Originally Posted by jtp1947
No guarantee, but it is based on availability. You would be granted a late check out before someone with no status or silver status, based on when you ask for your late check out.
I'll ask at check in. When I've done this in the past as a silver, I usually have been asked to check back the next day.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
If they offer you 1 pm and you really want 2 pm, take it. As long as you plan on being back in the room by 1 it's not like they're going to throw you out while you're in the shower. Just put the DND hanger on the door and walk out at 2. Chances are housekeeping will move along to the next room and return to yours once you've left.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Whenever I ask for a late check out when I check in, I am usually told to ask early on the check out day.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should check with the hotel that morning. I don't imagine that will be heavy business travel day - but it really depends on the next day's occupancy. Worst case scenario, you can check-out at whatever time they check you out at and drop your luggage at front desk and hang out in the lounge til you're ready to leave.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:46 am

Hi,

I am very interested about this topic.
I'm platinum and i dont understand if there are 2 type of breakfast : one at CL (free for me) and another to the regular breakfast hall (and I have to pay for this).
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by robfiorelli
Hi,

I am very interested about this topic.
I'm platinum and i dont understand if there are 2 type of breakfast : one at CL (free for me) and another to the regular breakfast hall (and I have to pay for this).
There are multiple options including the CL and a large restaurant on the lobby level (8th floor). There are also a couple of starbucks. As others have said, get to the CL as early as possible. It does get crowded.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
You and your guest and entitled to free breakfast in the CL Monday - Friday mornings. They usually have decent offerings, eggs, pastries, oatmeal, cereal, coffee and Orange Juice. Sometimes they have smoked salmon, but on my most recent visit there was none set out. It is possible they ran out, as the lounge gets very crowded for breakfast with every available seat taken.

The restaurant on the 8th floor offers a extensive buffet with a large selection of eggs, meats, smoked salmon, waffles, french toast, pastries, and cooked to order omelets. There also have a regular breakfast menu. Can't remember the price for the buffet, as it was included in our rate. Other Plats have had mixed success getting the buffet comped when the lounge is too crowded or on weekends when the lounge is not open.

Other choices include Starbucks on the 1st floor and Juniors right across the street.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:39 pm
LAR

NYC Marriott Marquis contact?

Hello,

I was hoping someone here might know the name of the housing manager there? Have a few special requests that I'd like to reach directly on...

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Best
LAR
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
1-212-398-1900

Originally Posted by lar
hello,

i was hoping someone here might know the name of the housing manager there? Have a few special requests that i'd like to reach directly on...

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Best
lar
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:15 pm
LAR

Gee. thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by LAR
Gee. thanks.
If you call the # provided & ask for the housing manager or his/her name, you'll get the name you need or get transferred to his/her voice mail.

Cheers.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by LAR
I was hoping someone here might know the name of the housing manager
Marriott Housing Manager: Reports to the Director of Human Resources. Responsible for staff dormitory operations, including ensuring the dormitory is in safe and clean and dormitory policies are followed by employees.
If it were me, I'd start with the Director of Room Operations.

Originally Posted by LAR
Have a few special requests
Are they "special" enough to be worth a phone call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.