Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by LKO
I think that's a rate code for Marriott employees & they are required to have documentation from their manager when they check in. This code is not available for the general public.

If you try to use this code without the required documentation you'll most likely be denied the rate and bumped to a much higher rate.

I suggest you check out the "rate rules" when you try to book and see if you qualify for the rate offered.

Thank You for replay LKO::::
Rate Rules are below? Should I qualify for this RATE?

Rate Rules

Marriott Associate Pleasure rate, valid ID required
Additional Information

* MARRIOTT ASSOCIATE RATE * DELUXE ROOM (1 KING OR 2 DBLS)
* * THIS RATE IS AVAILABLE TO ASSOCIATES, THEIR SPOUSES, PARENTS
* OR CHILDREN WHEN TRAVELLING FOR PLEASURE (NOT BUSINESS)...
* SIBLINGS ARE NOT INCLUDED *
* BOOKING RULES I.D. REQUIRED UPON CHECK-IN
* 2 ROOM LIMIT (MAXIMUM)
* MAXIMUM STAY OF 7 NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!
* NON-COMMISSIONABLE
* HOTEL NAME, PHONE AND DEPARTMENT MUST BE NOTED
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ismail789
Should I qualify for this RATE?
No, you don't qualify for this rate. If you did, then you would already be aware of the rules and paper work needed to use this rate.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jul 12, 2011 at 9:09 am
Old Jul 11, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Well, you've gotten two "no" responses, but perhaps you could tell us...

Do you work for Marriott? Does your spouse? Parent? Child?

* * THIS RATE IS AVAILABLE TO ASSOCIATES, THEIR SPOUSES, PARENTS
* OR CHILDREN WHEN TRAVELLING FOR PLEASURE (NOT BUSINESS)...
It seems pretty clear.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by bitburgr
Well, you've gotten two "no" responses, but perhaps you could tell us...

Do you work for Marriott? Does your spouse? Parent? Child?

It seems pretty clear.
Thank You for replay.

I don't work at Marriott and no one from my family. I've friend who own the Marriott, should I ask him and see if he can give discount card. Will that work show at Check INN.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I've friend who own the Marriott, should I ask him and see if he can give discount card.
If you have a friend who owns a Marriott, then you should be talking to him/her about exactly what documentation you need in order to use that code.

As LKO stated earlier, if you don't have that documentation, you could be find yourself in a situation where you're paying alot more than that discounted rate.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I don't work at Marriott and no one from my family. I've friend who own the Marriott, should I ask him and see if he can give discount card.
As noted earlier you cannot use the Marriott Associate rate as that may only be used by Marriott employees and their immediate family when traveling for pleasure.

You will need to talk to your friend about using Marriott Friends and Family rates. You will need to get the Marriott Friends and Family booking code from him in order to find and book Marriott Friends and Family rates. You will also need him to provide you a completed form from the Human Resources department at his hotel for each stay you book using the Marriott Friends and Family rate code. These forms are only good for 60 days, so you need to get the completed form(s) from him close to your stay dates. Allow enough time for him to mail them to you. Keep in mind that Marriott Friends and Family rates may only be used for non-business stays.

If you show up without the required forms, or they are incomplete, for either a Marriott Associate or Marriott Friends and Family rate then you will be paying the prevailing rate upon check-in instead of the discounted rate.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Friends & Family rates initiated by Associates at corporate-owned properties can now be delivered by e-mail as a pdf. This is a general FYI as we're on the subject, and does not represent any attempt on my part to assist the OP.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:14 pm

Thanks for replay all of you. I'm end of booking with Country Inn Suite F&F rate.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Thanks for replay all of you. I'm end of booking with Country Inn Suite F&F rate.
Much more suitable, I'm sure.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Hope I'm not bumping a too old thread...

Just to make sure I'm clear, do stays on the [friends and family] rate code earn both points & night stays? Or just points? And points are based on full cost (not just extras like room service that SPG F&F does)?

Thanks All!

Last edited by bdschobel; Aug 24, 2011 at 6:33 am Reason: removed proprietary code
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
yes friends and family stays earn nights & points
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:03 pm

How about using gift cards towards the friends and family rate? Anyone experience a problem with this?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I've never had an issue using either vacation cards or gift cards while at the associate rate but there are terms on the vacation card stating they could only be used at published rates (which has always left me scratching my head since they offer associates a discount on these cards around the holiday season)
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by socrates
just an added footnote: employees of MI are not eligible to become members of MR
What happens if I being a member of MR become a MI employee? Will they delete my account and points?…
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
I worked at MAR Omaha Rez in 2006-2007. I'd say about 95% of the time I used the Associate rate I got points, but on the odd occasion where I didn't, no way was I going to complain.

(I even got night-stay-credits, and at the Dallas Galleria FS I even got a Silver welcome gift...^)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.