Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mshah
Did any one got hit with mint authorization today? 0/4 for me today.
I placed an order for $1k in coins this mornign (see my post a few above about ordering $1k and the mint showing a total amount due of $750) and an authorizatiuon has hit my Am Ex for $750 as a pending charge.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I have been asked by my baby sitter for more coins instead of dollars.

I had been giving her $8/hr and so if she was here for 2 hrs I would hand her a 10 a 5 and one coin. One day I handed her a 10 and 6 coins.

Now she said she uses them in school and her friends think they are cool.

So last nite I paid her for yesterday and I pre-paid for today... $32 in coins.

Have I created a monster?

Now I wonder what type of girl she is...

Is she the type who spends money as she gets it, or does she maybe spend very few and saves the rest in a box?

One day that box has $1,000 in it and when she takes it to the bank--the same one, mind you, I probably use, and they turn her away cuz they hate coins?

Oh the workings of this thing baffle me so--but at least she is possibly circulating them and so am I...
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Pork chop sandwiches!

(not that many will get the reference...)
lmfao. You're talking about the clips on youtube of the dubbed PSA's of a certain popular cartoon from the 1980's, right? Found those about 2 years ago... busted my gut laughing.

"Don't forget your sandwiches"

Originally Posted by MojaveJack
..I gotta think that if someone was money laundering, they'd work with bills not coins, but what do I know about it. Bills are obviously easier and after their first resistance at the bank they'd want to reduce hastle and suspicion.
Perhaps the 'laundering' refers to running a laundromat ? Coin operated of course.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I placed an order for $1k in coins this mornign (see my post a few above about ordering $1k and the mint showing a total amount due of $750) and an authorizatiuon has hit my Am Ex for $750 as a pending charge.
The mint may be trying out something new because their payment processing these last two weeks has sucked. I had a couple orders go out last week. Each one was billed $500 instead of the full $1,000. What a hassle.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I ordered coins on my SPG Amex.

Upon placing the order, I had them ship TO the AMEX PO Box which is their payment address with the second line of the address being the name of a manager I knew of.

Earlier I called in and gotten her name as someone who receives/verifies payments.

Payment was received and credited to my card.
no lifting required on my part.

Points posted in SPG acct.

I think I actually mentioned this idea (as a joke!) about 10,000 posts back. So I assume this is still just a theory and no one tried it.

But I will say that my SPG Amexes (biz and personal) rejected Mint charges.

I figured it was me, but a friend who does this kind of stuff with me had it happen to him on one of his two orders - the one he did with his SPG card.

Now, I hope somehow it's just us, but I fear that the SPG card is dead for this deal.

And, if the post quoted above really did happen, I now know why.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
I think I actually mentioned this idea (as a joke!) about 10,000 posts back. So I assume this is still just a theory and no one tried it.

But I will say that my SPG Amexes (biz and personal) rejected Mint charges.

I figured it was me, but a friend who does this kind of stuff with me had it happen to him on one of his two orders - the one he did with his SPG card.

Now, I hope somehow it's just us, but I fear that the SPG card is dead for this deal.

lol
10000 posts

Well I never did the above. No, not at all. And so far my spg works fine fir cions
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:48 pm

Anytime it happens, I e-mail direct ship and accounting ends up billing me and the points post fine.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FTnoob101
Anytime it happens, I e-mail direct ship and accounting ends up billing me and the points post fine.
Is there a specific email address for that, or just reply?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:32 pm

law

I assume it is the idea that the intent is not "immediate" that helps people rationalize repeated trips to the bank with these? Or something else? Pretty risky if you ask me ...

By clicking “Add to Cart” I agree that I understand, and will comply with, the intended purpose of the program.

Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls

... The immediate bank deposit of $1 coins ordered through this program does not result in their introduction into circulation and, therefore, does not comply with the intended purpose of the program.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by DCfree
I assume it is the idea that the intent is not "immediate" that helps people rationalize repeated trips to the bank with these? Or something else? Pretty risky if you ask me ...

By clicking “Add to Cart” I agree that I understand, and will comply with, the intended purpose of the program.

Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls

... The immediate bank deposit of $1 coins ordered through this program does not result in their introduction into circulation and, therefore, does not comply with the intended purpose of the program.
Since you seem to be asserting some legal knowledge, might I ask what law is being violated? Is this considered a Misdemeanor? Or perhaps a felony?

Might I also ask what sentencing one would face if prosecuted and found guilty, and for that matter for what law would they be prosecuted for breaking?

It seems that immediately depositing the coins in the bank would be in violation with the intended purpose of the program. I don't see the program being the same as federal law. So the risk then, is to be banned from participating in the program.

But, again, if I'm wrong, I'd be quite curious to see any example of criminal (or civil) prosecution for not complying with the intended purpose of the program, and of course more interesting than that would be to see an example of a conviction.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:50 pm

Is there a specific email address for that, or just reply?
[email protected]
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by mshah
Did any one got hit with mint authorization today? 0/4 for me today.
I placed my order for 1k last night. It was authorized today. My first attempt was cancled without reason 3 days ago the same momement I placed the order.

Last edited by scwam; Feb 22, 2011 at 9:40 pm
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:36 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
Maybe they took a well deserved day off yesterday.
Hopefully that was a joke?? Yesterday was *President's Day.*
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Hopefully that was a joke?? Yesterday was *President's Day.*
lol
do they have a "Native American" day too?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by thehawk75
lmfao. You're talking about the clips on youtube of the dubbed PSA's of a certain popular cartoon from the 1980's, right? Found those about 2 years ago... busted my gut laughing.

"Don't forget your sandwiches"

"Oh, look at you in all of your pretty hats?"

"Nice catch Timmy. Too bad your a** got saaaaaaaaaa...."

(assuming I'm remembering the same clips)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.