Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
As a reminder...

Do not post the names of cards that work.

There is a good reason for this.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:40 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by DCfree
I assume it is the idea that the intent is not "immediate" that helps people rationalize repeated trips to the bank with these? Or something else? Pretty risky if you ask me ...

By clicking “Add to Cart” I agree that I understand, and will comply with, the intended purpose of the program.

Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls

... The immediate bank deposit of $1 coins ordered through this program does not result in their introduction into circulation and, therefore, does not comply with the intended purpose of the program.
Typically people wait at least a few hours, sometimes even days.

I typically only going on the weekends ... so if I get all my coins on Monday, its almost a week! That is far from immediate.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DCfree
I assume it is the idea that the intent is not "immediate" that helps people rationalize repeated trips to the bank with these? Or something else? Pretty risky if you ask me ...
True story

A month ago I was at the bank and as I fed coins into the counter, I saw a white van pull into the parking lot. It was windowless, had a headache cage, and the driver was pretty tough looking.

On the side were 4 simple letters: PBGS

I thought I was busted, I thought the game was up and in the back of my mind I could hear Dr Johnny Fever yelling at me that the telephone cops were gonna get me next

Turns out he was there to get a cpl boxes of mailings from another firm in the building

THAT is the extent of any risk anyone faces with this.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:01 pm
xp0

lol - nice.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am surprised by nobody posting that the Track Order function is not working.

In the url it shows

http://catalog.usmint.gov:443/webapp...tores/servlet/Logoff?cf=err

Even on Shipped Order - it just shows a blank page.

I vaguely remember it has this happened before.

Mint's authorization system is out of whack again. I was caught at a down moment yesterday - one card was not authorized at all but the one before and the one after went fine.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by Happy
I am surprised by nobody posting that the Track Order function is not working.
Works fine for me, but I have seen what you're describing before. Clearing any cookies for *usmint.gov usually does the trick.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paranoiatx
Works fine for me, but I have seen what you're describing before. Clearing any cookies for *usmint.gov usually does the trick.
Does not work with Firefox despite clearing cookie.

Works fine with IE.

Normally when it does not like Firefox during ordering it would show a portion of the page or just the heading of the page, but a refresh would bring up the whole page.

That the order status page last time had this blank page problem was long time ago, may be a couple months ago.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
As a reminder...

There is a good reason for this.
No, there isn't. Paranoia doesn't count.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:35 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by trek87
"Oh, look at you in all of your pretty hats?"

"Nice catch Timmy. Too bad your a** got saaaaaaaaaa...."

(assuming I'm remembering the same clips)
Yup!

Can't quote the good ones here... not in entirety anyway:

'last one on the ice is a p3*!s pump'
'F**K!!!'
'What are you w@*kers doing on my ice?'
'Give him the stick... NO don't give him the stick!'

At any rate, I digress. But still brings a smile to the face thinking about them.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:59 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Plat, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
I really enjoy helping the Mint promote dollar coins. I use them everywhere. ^
+1. What's most entertaining is when you use them someplace new... where the employees have never seen a dollar coin before. It simply blows their mind. Love it!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by particlemn
just discovered this weekend only 4 coins gets you a box of girl scout cookies, and they seem to think they were really cool and actually wanted to take them.
Not new... but useful... now need to find some in a store to trade coins for cookies - mmm... - any fundraiser works well- Boy Scout Popcorn, wrapping paper sales, Christmas Tree sales - [yeah, I've done it all ]
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Yup!

Can't quote the good ones here... not in entirety anyway:

'last one on the ice is a p3*!s pump'
'F**K!!!'
'What are you w@*kers doing on my ice?'
'Give him the stick... NO don't give him the stick!'

At any rate, I digress. But still brings a smile to the face thinking about them.
'Nice catch, blanco nino...'
'You gotta flip it, stick it, see ya later, bye!'
Old Feb 23, 2011, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by TheBisch
+1. What's most entertaining is when you use them someplace new... where the employees have never seen a dollar coin before. It simply blows their mind. Love it!
I love it too. This weekend I used a few of them to pay for parking and the parking lot attendant thought I was giving him foreign coins. He asked his coworker after I pointed out the USA on the coins to him about taking them, and the coworker wasn't sure either and said it was just $4 and to take them.

The owner of the convenience store I use them in almost every day was off sick one day and his daughter was working and I handed a coin for a $1 coke zero and she looked at it and asked how much it was worth and even after I said $1, she asked if I was sure and thought she heard some were worth $2 I was honest though. And then she said "these are so cute I am going to put $1 of my own money in the till and keep this"
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:28 pm

I really really really want to do this but I'm afraid about adverse action on my credit cards...

Sigh decisions decisions!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cvfd1607
I really really really want to do this but I'm afraid about adverse action on my credit cards...

Sigh decisions decisions!
I don't believe people are experiencing problems unless they violate the rules and intent of the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.