Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by psyflyer
Your in luck, you can sue the bank that made the mistake which cause irreparable damages to your credit lines. You will win and they will settle out of court (if what you say is true).
Yeah, but as a last bit of irony, they will pay you in coins.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:29 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mrpickles
See, my Vodoo doll worked!
Originally Posted by mrpickles
I have developed incredible restraint lately.
Not enough, apparently.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:17 am

This thread just keeps chugging along.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by NICEDUDE66
Well I've be in the DC area for 19 years and never knew about the Mint's DC operations. I'll check on their sales after turkey day. Here's the link and the text about DC sales.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_tours/

United States Mint Kiosk, Washington, DC.

While the Mint does not have a production facility at its headquarters in Washington, D.C, there is a sales kiosk located in Union Station. The next time you are in town, feel free to stop by and see some of the interesting products that the Mint is now selling. The kiosk offers the latest commemorative and annual coins, the popular new quarters, collector maps, medals, and a variety of coin jewelry. Purchases can be made by cash, checks, and most major credit cards. The kiosk is located in the Main Hall (East End) of Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Avenue, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20002. The hours of operation are: Monday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 12:00 noon - 6:00 p.m. Please call (202) 289-0609 to inquire about directions, or products available at this location. All other calls should be directed to the Mint's Office of Public Affairs at 202-354-7227.

United States Mint Sales Counter, Washington, DC.

The United States Mint recently opened a second retail sales outlet in Washington, DC, located in the lobby of the United States Mint headquarters at 801 9th Street, N.W. The headquarters building is conveniently located one block south of the Washington Convention Center and close to the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro station. Among other coin products, the Headquarters Sales Counter offers the latest commemorative and annual coins, the most recently issued state quarters, collector maps and medals. Hours of operation are Monday — Friday, 10:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.; and closed weekends and holidays. Please call (202) 354-6800 to inquire about directions or product availability at this location.
Has anyone ever tried this, and specifically, is tax charged? I'm not far from Union Station, and this would be more convenient for me than having them shipped. But not if there's tax. Thx tls
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
Has anyone ever tried this, and specifically, is tax charged? I'm not far from Union Station, and this would be more convenient for me than having them shipped. But not if there's tax. Thx tls
I don't know if they charge tax. I wonder if they sell these types of dollars at face value.

I remember going on a tour of the mint when I was in school. That was several decades ago I have a friend who retired from the mint. He was the one whose job it was to destroy the old bills that the mint took out of circulation.
The mint sells those finely ground up pieces of bills.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: Lotz
Only proof coins etc at DC Mint store, no circulating dollars.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Ah, the pity. Thx for the response. tls
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by jlgrandam
Can someone PM me about how to get 11% on AMEX GC's lol please?
If you top MM's story they might.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
If you top MM's story they might.
Doubtful, as it doesn't exist...
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:10 pm

hahaha
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:18 pm

Doubtful, as it doesn't exist...
I hear ya! Just like the claim that there is a FI that still lets you fund with a CC up to 50k.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:58 pm

Can someone PM me about how to get 11% on AMEX GC's lol please?
These guys are all talk. They like to come on here and hassle people and give one liners. If you go through their history you will see they've never posted any "real" information on a new deal. They just like to fight over who knows more about a deal. Don't get sucked into their games. Tomorrow they will say that they know a method to get a free flight every day... and it will end up being that they will suggest that you get a job as a flight attendant
Old Feb 19, 2011, 3:21 pm

yup

your right its a constant case of the smarta$$es teasing the dumba$$es with vague deals....If I had a $2 bill for everytime someone fell for thier bunk, I'd have enough to take a picture like mrpickles has shown here many times.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by ntjane66
I don't know if they charge tax. I wonder if they sell these types of dollars at face value.

I remember going on a tour of the mint when I was in school. That was several decades ago I have a friend who retired from the mint. He was the one whose job it was to destroy the old bills that the mint took out of circulation.
The mint sells those finely ground up pieces of bills.
The Mint doesn't have anything to do with printing currency. That's the job of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington, DC.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
These guys are all talk. They like to come on here and hassle people and give one liners. If you go through their history you will see they've never posted any "real" information on a new deal. They just like to fight over who knows more about a deal. Don't get sucked into their games. Tomorrow they will say that they know a method to get a free flight every day... and it will end up being that they will suggest that you get a job as a flight attendant
For reals. I miss the good ol' days of AMEX traveler checks. Sigh..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.