Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Again, I am just talkin smack here but it IS possible.
MM talking smack?!? That's unpossible!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by andyandy
MM talking smack?!? That's unpossible!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
(but do not have a 5% card and would love to see a current working link to obtain one, more than just babble about one existing that cannot in fact be found).
I pm'ed it to you

My Native Am's (Sas.) came in today- same white rolls.

Last edited by tassojunior; Feb 25, 2011 at 10:37 am
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by deant
For shipments less than $500 the mint does not typically ship UPS Signature required. If you had ordered $500 or over then the delivery would have been UPS overnight - signature required.

Didn't you notice the weight of the package, or lack thereof, when you received the package and before you opened it? Should have been a big red flag.

Take photos of the box etc and report it to the mint. Believe they self insure.
I didnt have to sign for it. When my brother got home he saw the package sitting over my fence and when he picked it up he was how come they sent me a empty box. I reported it to the US mint already.

I know how much hassle this is... $250 is worth it. I would think that no matter the amount ... it would require a signature... Im just pissed that someone stole my money.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
e-certs at Mint

I have not noticed before but the mint page now has e-certs for purchase. maybe this is in responce to the AX GC's I wonder if you purchase the e-certs and then use them to purchase direct ship coins if the billing will come up as mint rather than OFC.
has anyone tried this?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by particlemn
I have not noticed before but the mint page now has e-certs for purchase. maybe this is in responce to the AX GC's I wonder if you purchase the e-certs and then use them to purchase direct ship coins if the billing will come up as mint rather than OFC.
has anyone tried this?
I have not tried it, but it would not show up as a Dollar Direct Ship Program. My guess would be a U.S. Mint Purchase.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
has anyone tried this?
e-certs are there for a while now. They are not popular because mint system has some issue taking in e-certs at checkout (I am not even talking multiples). You need to call in to order the coins with e-certs.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
MM this does not happen often but you might have missed the point. Everyone needs to decide if the trouble is worth it. Some are doing enough volume and feel the 250 is not worth it especially if they are using a 5% card.
You are correct. With some digging on the boards one should be able to find methods of credit card spending that are even more easy than ordering coins from the mint with no money out of pocket. I would suggest anyone who has a lot of time on their hands to skim the MilesBuzz section the last two or three months and find two pretty simple methods. I was thinking about it today... if this type of stuff was posted on that Travel Cartel or what not and fully detailed it might actually make the membership worth that $34 monthly fee!

I think $250 is a great amount to purchase every 10 days to circulate, some of those cards that earn up to 5% have a limit on the amount you can earn.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; WN Companion Pass
Most Miles You've Accrued From U.S. Mint Deal?

I'm curious to see what the largest number of miles anyone has accrued from the U.S. Mint thing. I'm thinking about starting and would love to hear about people who have pushed the upper limits on this.

From the FAQ, it seems as though we're unsure as to whether the mint limits transactions by CC number, address, etc. Assuming you can keep reordering every 10 days AND that you're fulfilling spend requirements using this tactic AND that you're accruing one mile per dollar you're spending, the possibilities seem limitless.

Would love to hear about the point totals people have been able to reach.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Originally Posted by Miami305
*sigh*

Is your theft of $250 really worth all the hassle, particularly the credit card and possible police investigation that will occur?
This really is a silly point of view. Why in the world would someone avoid an investigation when his property has been stolen? Maybe if it was $25, but $250 is certainly not a small amount.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You are correct. With some digging on the boards one should be able to find methods of credit card spending that are even more easy than ordering coins from the mint with no money out of pocket. I would suggest anyone who has a lot of time on their hands to skim the MilesBuzz section the last two or three months and find two pretty simple methods. I was thinking about it today... if this type of stuff was posted on that Travel Cartel or what not and fully detailed it might actually make the membership worth that $34 monthly fee!

I think $250 is a great amount to purchase every 10 days to circulate, some of those cards that earn up to 5% have a limit on the amount you can earn.
can you pm the methods? hardly have time to read 10 pages a day
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by gordonlee33
This really is a silly point of view. Why in the world would someone avoid an investigation when his property has been stolen? Maybe if it was $25, but $250 is certainly not a small amount.
Actually your point of view is the silly one.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
May open a thread on milepoint when I get some extra time. Over there people are a bit more kind and will not hassle you for detailing aka spoon feeding members on how to work a deal. I assure you that they've been posted about on here. Nothing new.. just not fully detailed.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
If there was a referral involved you would see a dedicated thread to it in a heartbeat!!!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:19 pm

Going to watch this train wreck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.