Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by FTnoob101
Will people like you ever learn? No need to say things like that.
One could argue that there is no need to mention anything in this thread...
Old Feb 27, 2011, 1:55 am

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
Originally Posted by xp0
8,461,000 miles and counting!

Thanks USMint!
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
One could argue that there is no need to mention anything in this thread...
True! It's hard not to brag but less is more in this case. Lets stick to talk about orders and using these coins not bragging.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by xp0
8,461,000 miles and counting!

Thanks USMint!
geesh!
with that many miles why are you PMing me with innocent sounding questions that seem as though YOU are needing advice? I feel so... used!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:22 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's hard not to brag
Only for some.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 7:54 am
xp0

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
geesh!
with that many miles why are you PMing me with innocent sounding questions that seem as though YOU are needing advice? I feel so... used!
Muahah
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:23 am
xp0

Sorry if you thought I was serious! Not at the 8 million in orders yet. Close? Dunno, maybe!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:32 am

So I am totally new and have not bought any coins from the mint. I was thinking of getting some, but it seems between this thread, the AA 75,000 mile credit card thread, and the frugal travel guy blog, I have read that Citi, Chase, and AMEX (Hilton) are all not accepting Mint charges.

On the sticky though it just says that US Bank and Comerican Bank are not working. Does anyone know what the real story is? And as far as not abusing the orders to not get your credit card noticed, would that be just getting $1,000 a month or something?

I would love to order these to use in situations where I can't use credit and get the miles for ordering them, but don't want to have my credit cards pulled.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Lyssa
So I am totally new and have not bought any coins from the mint. I was thinking of getting some, but it seems between this thread, the AA 75,000 mile credit card thread, and the frugal travel guy blog, I have read that Citi, Chase, and AMEX (Hilton) are all not accepting Mint charges.

On the sticky though it just says that US Bank and Comerican Bank are not working. Does anyone know what the real story is? And as far as not abusing the orders to not get your credit card noticed, would that be just getting $1,000 a month or something?

I would love to order these to use in situations where I can't use credit and get the miles for ordering them, but don't want to have my credit cards pulled.
The sticky is up to date.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Goofy Foot, People like you annoy me.

I'll bring $15k to the bank at once which was charged to my spg Amex.

If you don't like that, don't read the thread

It looks like some eventually do learn not to brag, but it takes about 3 months.

Last edited by Goofy Foot; Feb 28, 2011 at 12:03 am
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
It took me a while to actually see the effect that FT has. After seeing the Amex GC deal die and the Suntrust situation, i'm convinced.

My apologies for the post a couple months ago - pure ignorance.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
My apologies.....
Accepted.

Good coinage & good travels to you.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, PriorityClub, HHonors
True! It's hard not to brag but less is more in this case. Lets stick to talk about orders and using these coins not bragging.
Well, you know what they say...

Those who can do.
Those who can't brag.

Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It took me a while to actually see the effect that FT has. After seeing the Amex GC deal die and the Suntrust situation, i'm convinced.

My apologies for the post a couple months ago - pure ignorance.
and if members that have been here for a while ask other newer members to avoid saying xyz or doing something, that could be because those older members have actually see that FT affect before. It's not that the older member is trying act all superior or making fun of a newer member, but rather, they are trying to suggest that we all must be a bit less public about certain things sometimes.

btw this post is not targeted to you at all. It's just continuing what you say here... and it applies to people who post what they earned at the mint or what they spent on a card. Those things get seen by people.

Just a bit of hinted advice from a guy who has been here a bit. But there are many people who know 100x more than me so do with it what you will.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:27 am
xp0

Correct and that should also apply to the people that say
"Well, I ordered 15 orders on 2/1/2011 and they went into process on 2/3/2011 and then they shipped on 2/4/2011"

You are giving people WAY too much information. Saying you order some coins, they went into process a few days later and then shipped a day later is a lot better.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xp0
Correct and that should also apply to the people that say
"Well, I ordered 15 orders on 2/1/2011 and they went into process on 2/3/2011 and then they shipped on 2/4/2011"

You are giving people WAY too much information. Saying you order some coins, they went into process a few days later and then shipped a day later is a lot better.
nah to them I would say, "well what the heck happened! When I ordered on 2/1, mine went to process on 2/2 and shipped that same day!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.