Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: All of em...
Citi AA card works for me and just cleared as a purchase... fyi ymmv.
Cash Advances $0.00
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:43 pm

Last edited by CrediPig; Sep 6, 2013 at 7:26 am
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:29 pm

This card prints all travel at 77% off if using the Barclay's Arrival....

Math:
$10 in fees to load $2k gets you 4,000 points (2pt per $1) which redeemed (+10% rebate) for travel gets you $44 in travel.

So for $120 a year in load fees ($10/mo), I can earn 48,000 points good for $480 + $48 (10% rebate) in any travel. Not a bad idea if you can avoid getting shut down, to cover some of the more random travel fees like award taxes, rental cars, tours, trains, etc...
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Citi AA card works for me and just cleared as a purchase... fyi ymmv.
Cash Advances $0.00

Confused now as what Citi AA cards can and can't do? Back in post 887 warning that can't use Citi cards to meet minimum spending for sign on bonus, didn't say why but guessing it went thru as a purchase but Citi won't accept funding Buxx counting toward minimum spending on new cards.
Also conflicting reports on whether CiTI treats funding Buxx as CA or purchase.
I have CiTi AA card that I would like to fund a Buxx card with to meet minimum spend but not not too sure if I could do so. PM me with any thoughts if you like.
Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by sharka
Confused now as what Citi AA cards can and can't do? Back in post 887 warning that can't use Citi cards to meet minimum spending for sign on bonus, didn't say why but guessing it went thru as a purchase but Citi won't accept funding Buxx counting toward minimum spending on new cards.
Also conflicting reports on whether CiTI treats funding Buxx as CA or purchase.
I have CiTi AA card that I would like to fund a Buxx card with to meet minimum spend but not not too sure if I could do so. PM me with any thoughts if you like.
Thanks
Yes, that was me with the warning about citi not counting nationwide buxx towards initial spend. it happened to a buddy of mine and he lost 50k miles because to that. again, as with everything, dont take my word for it, YMMV.

if you are still inclined to try it out, go ahead, but have at least 1 billing cycle to spare after reaching your spend limit. this way you have time to react if the miles don't post and re-attempt the initial spend through some other means.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by T3pleShot
Yes, that was me with the warning about citi not counting nationwide buxx towards initial spend. it happened to a buddy of mine and he lost 50k miles because to that. again, as with everything, dont take my word for it, YMMV.

if you are still inclined to try it out, go ahead, but have at least 1 billing cycle to spare after reaching your spend limit. this way you have time to react if the miles don't post and re-attempt the initial spend through some other means.
To be clear, I am referring to USB buxx... don't have Nationwide. and it worked for me on a new visa chip & pin card. ymmv
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:25 am

Gcs?

Can you load these with GCs?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:38 pm

To be clear, I am referring to USB buxx... don't have Nationwide. and it worked for me on a new visa chip & pin card. ymmv
I can also confirm with USB. Haven' t tried NW.

Originally Posted by michael21
Can you load these with GCs?
No.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:40 pm

I can confirm Citi Biz AA does treat NW Buxx load as CA

Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by T3pleShot

Thanks for the reply. Just for data reference, do you recall if your buddy's transaction using the Citi CC loading into NW buxx was billed as a purchase or a CA? Maybe thats why he didnt meet minimum spending because of the CA issue and not charged as a purchase--just guessing from what others are saying about NW buxx.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:42 pm

In my case, it was CA.

Originally Posted by sharka
Thanks for the reply. Just for data reference, do you recall if your buddy's transaction using the Citi CC loading into NW buxx was billed as a purchase or a CA? Maybe thats why he didnt meet minimum spending because of the CA issue and not charged as a purchase--just guessing from what others are saying about NW buxx.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:02 pm

I just loaded USBank VB with my Citi AA Visa and it coded as a purchase, merchant category "DIRECT MARKETING/DIRECT MARKETERS".
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:05 pm

Visa Buxx - which is the best debit card to own?

Which is the best Visa Buxx card to have?
I have read some of the posts and some bloggers as well. Seems many like the US Bank Buxx card but don't work for me as I don't have any US Bank within at least 100miles for me to take out money via ATM with no fees (fees from both USB and non-USB ATMs usage).

My friend have the Nationwide Buxx but he is not crazy about it as they often call him when he loads to Serve via NW buxx card.

I plan to use the Visa Buxx card to :
1)link to Serve account. Then use CC to load the Buxx debit then load to Serve
2)use CC to load the Buxx debit and also take money out via ATM.-- not completely sure if I could get shut down if I use Buxx to take out money on a regular basis - either by the CC bank funding the debit Buxx (ex: Citi or Chase etc) or by the Buxx card bank itself?
3)not sure if Buxx debit can be use to purchase Money orders but if possible then thats another route I will take on occasions.

Notice the Buxx cards are mainly for "teenage users", but I have only young kids so the Buxx card will be for me to use, but I'm a teenager at heart, not sure if I could sign up for a Buxx card for myself?

Which card is best for me. In terms of overall cost (cost to load), ATM access for withdraws., use of CC to fund Buxx debit, limits on loads, limits on withdraws, etc etc

Data: I'm in the NYC area so no access to Walmarts but have many banks in area but unfortunately no US Banks or ATMs associated with USB to speak of--at least none I've ever come across.

PM me if you like. I welcome any replies--no matter if its good news or bad as I will probably learn from both. Thanks and Cheers to all.
Have a nice day
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:30 pm

I've tried searching in the forum but can't find this question being asked.

I'm thinking of applying for both NW and USB, but I'm due for my next churn in a month and would hate for either of the applications to do a hard pull on my credit.

Can anyone confirm whether this is a soft or hard pull?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by cadetz00m
I've tried searching in the forum but can't find this question being asked.

I'm thinking of applying for both NW and USB, but I'm due for my next churn in a month and would hate for either of the applications to do a hard pull on my credit.

Can anyone confirm whether this is a soft or hard pull?
no pull whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.