Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:24 pm

Ok, think i almost got it now.

For USB card, use own SSN and own DOB for personal info then for teen info, use a differ. SSN and fudge a DOB to reflect teens age.

For NW, use own SSN and own DOB for personal info then for teen info, just use own SSN and own DOB? Or do I need to fudge a teens DOB for this one also?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:22 pm

Andddd this thread is officially a decade old.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by youngmoneyhack
Andddd this thread is officially a decade old.

Wow, can't believe this thread is OLDER than my kids.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by sharka
Ok, think i almost got it now.

For USB card, use own SSN and own DOB for personal info then for teen info, use a differ. SSN and fudge a DOB to reflect teens age.

For NW, use own SSN and own DOB for personal info then for teen info, just use own SSN and own DOB? Or do I need to fudge a teens DOB for this one also?
There's no need to fudge anything! They don't check or care about "teens" age. If you got a spouse or other adult family. You can get a cards with you as parent and them as "teens", and vice versa. And you can add your real teens as "teens" as well. Adds up to a lot of cards and spend. No problems here at least.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by sharka
Wow, can't believe this thread is OLDER than my kids.
Your REAL kids, or your visabuxx kids?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by emax48
There's no need to fudge anything! They don't check or care about "teens" age. If you got a spouse or other adult family. You can get a cards with you as parent and them as "teens", and vice versa. And you can add your real teens as "teens" as well. Adds up to a lot of cards and spend. No problems here at least.
Actually I just tried making up an SSN for a "teen" for USB Buxx and that worked as well. There is seriously no validation of any real sort apparently for these cards.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by kvs25
Your REAL kids, or your visabuxx kids?

Real kids, oldest is 7 so this thread is older than he is. Hmm-So why not just use all his legit info and order a card for him. Hoping he don't withdraw all his allowance from the ATM on the 1st day though--LOL

Ha- This thread is making me feel old now.

Last edited by sharka; Sep 23, 2013 at 2:25 pm
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:11 pm

Making up fake SSN is a crime. Be-careful what you wish for.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by chongwj8
Making up fake SSN is a crime. Be-careful what you wish for.
They would need to prove you didn't fat-finger your SSN. I put the odds of anyone being prosecuted here at zilch, but as always, MS is all about personal comfort levels.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:22 pm

love the visabuxx...we have six kids = lots of MS...need it to for all the hotel rooms
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:33 pm

So I tried reloading just now and I got an error that said your card has been used to many times in the allowable time period. Anyone else get that error?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:22 pm

Now trying to figure if I did it all wrong.
Had Submit for NW buxx card 2 days ago. Had 2 choices on app. One for parents and other for family/friends. I Clicked on for family/friends as I had intended to submit for my nephew (16 yo) and use all his legit info for the app.
Got to end and then message saying email will be sent to me with some enrollment codes. Waited 2 days now and still no enrollment codes in my email. Just called NW rep and he was clueless and went to read his manual. Then he said manual stated it could take "some time to process"????

Should I just call and cancel and then try it again using "parents" instead of family? or should I wait it out as I don't know (and certainly not the rep) as to just how long "some time" could be.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:59 pm

USB visa Buxx 30 day load limit

I know the US visa buxx card agreement says 500 per load, 2000 per 30 days.
But since you can load 517.5, has anyone been successful in loading 517.5*4 in 30 days?

TIA
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by d237
But since you can load 517.5, has anyone been successful in loading 517.5*4 in 30 days?

TIA
For the NW ones, it's 1k per week across all cards linked to the same SS# (max 4), not sure about other issuers.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by d237

TIA
Nope... once it hits $2k, you can't load more IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.