Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by CrediPig
I have 3 NW Buxx cards and just got a USB Buxx card. From what I've read, you can't use USB Buxx to get money orders. I plan to use it for BillPay at WM. I like the NW Buxx cards more, even with the $1K monthly limit.
You cannot buy money orders at the post office with the USB Buxx but you can certainly buy them at walmart.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by floressalicis
You cannot buy money orders at the post office with the USB Buxx but you can certainly buy them at walmart.
Had no idea that worked. Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
NW.
Last load $500 on Nov 8. (Previous is on July month.)
Trying to load another $500 (towards $1000 a month limit as the second reload.)
Getting "Maximum number of reloads reached."

Representative said I'm hitting $200 a week limit.
So my next $500 load is need to be in 2 week?? or when?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:03 am

For USBank Buxx 30-days load limit begin counting from the first (or last) load of previous 30-days cycle. Appreciate the clarification. Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
I see conflicting information in the thread. An earlier post says you cannot load Bluebird with the USBank version of the card. A more recent post suggests you can load your BB account with it at Walmart. Would someone please post or PM me to confirm which answer is correct? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
I see conflicting information in the thread. An earlier post says you cannot load Bluebird with the USBank version of the card. A more recent post suggests you can load your BB account with it at Walmart. Would someone please post or PM me to confirm which answer is correct? Thanks in advance.
I have loaded BB with USBank Buxx at the kiosk and with a moneycenter cashier over the past week without issue.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by blt7cd
I have loaded BB with USBank Buxx at the kiosk and with a moneycenter cashier over the past week without issue.
I loaded my BB and bought MO using my VB
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:15 pm

Is there a daily or weekly spending limit for the USB VB? I know the NW card has an $800weekly spending limit, but I can't find a spending limit for the USB version. I just need to know when and how much I can use it for MOs or WM BillPay.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1K, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CrediPig
Is there a daily or weekly spending limit for the USB VB? I know the NW card has an $800weekly spending limit, but I can't find a spending limit for the USB version. I just need to know when and how much I can use it for MOs or WM BillPay.
In my experience I've done up to $1020 on US as part of a larger WM bp...can't speak to any higher amount
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by pier11
NW.
Last load $500 on Nov 8. (Previous is on July month.)
Trying to load another $500 (towards $1000 a month limit as the second reload.)
Getting "Maximum number of reloads reached."

Representative said I'm hitting $200 a week limit.
So my next $500 load is need to be in 2 week?? or when?
My experience with NW is generally that you have to wait a week between $500 loads. I have never had to wait more than a week as long as I'm under the $1000/month limit.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by MrBumstead
My experience with NW is generally that you have to wait a week between $500 loads. I have never had to wait more than a week as long as I'm under the $1000/month limit.
Thanks! Appreciate it.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by MrBumstead
I got the same issue with NW.

I loaded $20 initially on 10/18.

Then, $500 load on 10/26.

Then, $500 load on 11/02

Now I could not load it. Error message is "Maximum number of reloads reached"
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by godsquare
I got the same issue with NW.

I loaded $20 initially on 10/18.

Then, $500 load on 10/26.

Then, $500 load on 11/02

Now I could not load it. Error message is "Maximum number of reloads reached"
1k load rolling limit/month...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:27 am

Can't you just take a USB VB Card to a US Bank ATM and withdraw cash?

Does doing this have a fee associated to it, because it says on the USB VB card site that there are no ATM fees as long as you go to a US Bank ATM. Am I getting bad information on this?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by whitey4545
Can't you just take a USB VB Card to a US Bank ATM and withdraw cash?

Does doing this have a fee associated to it, because it says on the USB VB card site that there are no ATM fees as long as you go to a US Bank ATM. Am I getting bad information on this?
No fee at US Bank ATM. $200 per ATM transaction, 3 per 24 hour period. It's all in the terms and conditions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.