Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Answer is already in this thread. There is a max # of loads from the same card (I think 5) in a rolling period. Just use another card until that one cools off.

Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
Is anyone having trouble using a Chase card to load a Visabuxx? I just tried and got a message that I've never seen before. I've closed the window but it was along the lines of "Your transaction cannot be processed. Please try again later or use another payment method." My Chase account shows the charge and reversal. The charge/reversal are for NW Visabuxx whereas previous charges were NW Bank/Gift.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Mint.com

Anyone ever had any success loading VisaBuxx on mint.com?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 4:13 pm

Wondering if anyone has tried to load Visa/MC gift cards, or received unwanted attention from US Bank (as is common with BB and Serve).
Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by st.exupery
Wondering if anyone has tried to load Visa/MC gift cards, or received unwanted attention from US Bank (as is common with BB and Serve).
I would like to know more about that as well.

I having been loading my NW Buxx card for the past month with MC GCs ($500 X2). Done 2 transactions so far and have not had any issues yet.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:23 pm

Anybody else get an email like this?

Dear XXXX,

Give your teen or that young adult in your life a gift that will make you both smile with an extra $5. Just add $50 to your Buxx Card by December 31 and we'll give you $5

To receive the $5 bonus, add $50 to the Buxx card account before December 31, 2013. The bonus will be credited to the account within 2 weeks following January 15, 2014.

I wonder if its $5 per card. If so, it would be essentially free to load $1000 per card.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by frogdog51
Anybody else get an email like this?

Dear XXXX,

Give your teen or that young adult in your life a gift that will make you both smile with an extra $5. Just add $50 to your Buxx Card by December 31 and we'll give you $5

To receive the $5 bonus, add $50 to the Buxx card account before December 31, 2013. The bonus will be credited to the account within 2 weeks following January 15, 2014.

I wonder if its $5 per card. If so, it would be essentially free to load $1000 per card.
Yes I also got this
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:46 am

One of my US Buxx cards has been giving the following error for over a week now when I try to load it: "Funds cannot be loaded to the account at this time because the minimum load amount would exceed the maximum allowable card balance.". This is odd because the card has a zero balance. The other US Buxx card attached to the same account does not show this behavior. Anyone have any idea?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
One of my US Buxx cards has been giving the following error for over a week now when I try to load it: "Funds cannot be loaded to the account at this time because the minimum load amount would exceed the maximum allowable card balance.". This is odd because the card has a zero balance. The other US Buxx card attached to the same account does not show this behavior. Anyone have any idea?
It happened to me once. In my case, right after 30 days rolling windows was passed, that error message went away.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:36 pm

Clarification needed, if someone can point me in the right direction.
I've read back on the thread but still a little confused. I want to apply for the USB buzz for myself but seems will not be able to do without ordering 2 buzz cards, one for the parent which is myself then another for the teen which will be either my wife or parent. Or was it that i can order one card but wont be under my name as i have to register as a parent and can only order the card for someone different with a differ. name, SSN as the teen, such as my wife. confused:

Also, the NW buzz seems ok to order one card only for myself if I sign up parent as myself then order the buxx card for a teen which is myself.
Let me know if I got this correct or am I still really confused. Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:55 pm

would loading a US Bank Visa Buxx with a US Bank CC be a bad idea?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
would loading a US Bank Visa Buxx with a US Bank CC be a bad idea?
It won't work (no points earned). You have to load NW buxx w/ US Bank CC
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by frogdog51
It won't work (no points earned). You have to load NW buxx w/ US Bank CC
thanks.

(ironically i only started researching Visa Buxx to hit an MSR from the USBank FlexPerks CC.)
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
A cleaner message would be "you've exceeded your monthly load limit"
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
A cleaner message would be "you've exceeded your monthly load limit"
Yup, I knew that I wouldn't be able to actually load it, but the error message confused me.

But sure enough, it cleared up this morning after I was actually eligible to load it again.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by stealph
Mint.com

Anyone ever had any success loading VisaBuxx on mint.com?
No - but use the link to request adding it. The more people that do this the higher the chance it will turn up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.