Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by toxicity
What are the daily/monthly limits for this? read terms but no mention of limits.
Did you read these terms?
G. Limitations on Dollar Amount of Loads. The initial minimum load is twenty dollars ($20.00) and the maximum is one thousand dollars ($1,000). You may load up to one thousand ($1,000.00) per day on Your Card, not to exceed three thousand dollars ($3,000.00) per thirty (30) days. Your maximum Card value at any time is two thousand dollars ($2,000.00).

Last edited by sgideons; Jan 19, 2014 at 8:04 pm Reason: conjugation
Old Jan 19, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
just now you did this? or is this thing I thought I was revealing to the world already well-known?
pics of wife (or it didnt happen lol(
nmp0 sent me a PM about it today, so I looked up visa buxx and found this thread. Thought I would add my experience.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
Thanks for the reply. Put in perspective, it is clear to me now. As someone without AP, this is looking more and more attractive to me
Since you were kind to reply let me provide you and my brethren one of my MS secrets that I perhaps am the only person who knows. At least I discovered it myself but perhaps others are aware. I have not seen it posted before so it is probably new to anyone reading this.
Here is one of my MS secrets: tdbank.com/tdgocard
Its the same general principle (teen spending) except this is better than what yall discussing because its $1 to load via debit or cc, instead of the $2.50 you are paying.
Hope my MS secret helps some of you. If this ends up on FWF then I probably will keep most of my other secrets close to my vest. They cancelled my account and therefore deserve none of my contributions, directly from me or indirectly from someone who reposts it from here.
Thanks for the wonderful contribution the TD card has been great, was told by another FTer about a month ago.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:31 am

Perhaps I'm missing something -- For TDGo, I see the benefits of loading for less, but am missing the liquidation part -- I'm seeing $60/weekly ATM withdrawal limit (though I did read something saying that can be "managed" by the "parent", so perhaps that can be increased much higher?) -- Maybe i'm having a brain fart reading over the terms and FAQ at 3:30am, but can someone fill me in on best way to liquidate loaded funds -- ATM? Transfer to linked checking account? Other? TIA! :-)

EDIT: Thanks nmp0 (post below) -- doh! it was so obvious, i'll chalk it up to a 3:30am brain fart while half asleep ;-)

Last edited by y00y; Jan 20, 2014 at 9:16 am
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:04 am

Money Orders, Funding Evolve payments, Walmart Bp

I. Point of Sale and Visa Signature Use Limit. When You use the Card to obtain goods or services or to obtain cash at a merchant location, You may not obtain a combination of goods and services and cash in excess of two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) per transaction. Further, You are limited by the total amount of funds in the Card Account at any time if they are less than the daily limit.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:59 am

??!!

TDGo:
"does not support card sales in the following state(s): AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY. "

Any work around?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by silver4300
??!!

Any work around?
Mail drop / Friend?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
anyone know if they actually verify that the ssn's are real?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by lovenola
anyone know if they actually verify that the ssn's are real?
I used mine and my wife's ssn. I but her real bday and she is def not a teen. Putting in a fake ssn seems risky to me.

You are going out of man spend into a potentially fraudulent area. I doubt anything would happen besides account closure but I guess I draw the line there.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by drdrew450
I used mine and my wife's ssn. I but her real bday and she is def not a teen. Putting in a fake ssn seems risky to me.

You are going out of man spend into a potentially fraudulent area. I doubt anything would happen besides account closure but I guess I draw the line there.
did you do it so that you are the parent and she is the teen? Can you also then reverse it, in other words make it so that you have two accounts, where you are both the teen and the parent Do you also know, does the parent need to load the card with a cc in their name, or can you use a card that is in the "teen's" name?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by silver4300
??!!

TDGo:
"does not support card sales in the following state(s): AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY. "

Any work around?
Relocation to the northeast?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Are you able to swipe the TD version in person at wally world to feed a bluebird? It appears that it has a PIN, so I don't see why not.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Are you able to swipe the TD version in person at wally world to feed a bluebird? It appears that it has a PIN, so I don't see why not.
Why load a BB when you can spend an extra 79 cents and purchase some paper, leaving your BB free to feed on VR's?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Why load a BB when you can spend an extra 79 cents and purchase some paper, leaving your BB free to feed on VR's?
I enlisted my family members and got multiple of birds so I don't have to mess with MOs and yet can still manufacture spend at a good clip. I'll probably have a few exceptions where I will want to bother with MOs, such as when I pay my kids' private elementary school tuition. But in general, I'm avoiding them as too time consuming and too likely to raise a red flag with my bank.

In any event, is it correct that a debit load into BB will work at Wally World?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by drdrew450
opened a tdbank go card, loaded with 25 from my barclays arrival mc for 4.95! I tried loading 1000 and then 300 from my chase ba visa and had no luck.

My wife is the "teen". ssn for me and my wife needed.
UPDATE: My 25 load is in my wife's account. Says "Card Issued."

I am going to make sure barclays does not charge a cash advance before I load more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.