Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:46 pm

Heads up...i have the US bank version...tried to withdraw 200 from a US Bank ATM (only had 198.5) and I was charged 0.75 for the decline. Just a heads up make sure you know your balance before hitting the atm, us bank will nickel and dime you.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Heads up...i have the US bank version...tried to withdraw 200 from a US Bank ATM (only had 198.5) and I was charged 0.75 for the decline. Just a heads up make sure you know your balance before hitting the atm, us bank will nickel and dime you.
Think you got lucky you dont have the NW card as I remember reading about their policy before I sign up (yet to get the enrollment code to finish application though), think they said fee charges for $10 for withdraws beyond your balance. So agree to double check before doing any withdraws.

Last edited by sharka; Sep 27, 2013 at 1:11 pm
Old Sep 27, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by sharka
Now trying to figure if I did it all wrong.
Had Submit for NW buxx card 2 days ago. Had 2 choices on app. One for parents and other for family/friends. I Clicked on for family/friends as I had intended to submit for my nephew (16 yo) and use all his legit info for the app.
Got to end and then message saying email will be sent to me with some enrollment codes. Waited 2 days now and still no enrollment codes in my email. Just called NW rep and he was clueless and went to read his manual. Then he said manual stated it could take "some time to process"????

Should I just call and cancel and then try it again using "parents" instead of family? or should I wait it out as I don't know (and certainly not the rep) as to just how long "some time" could be.

Just to followup. This is for the NW Buxx.
Waited long enough and still didnt receive the "teen enrollment codes" that they say will be emailed to me. So I decided to try this again from scratch.
Entered all the personal info again (this time I choose the "I am a parent" rather than the "relatives/friends" for the card option.
Got to end and hit submit.
Won't let me go further as warning said acct already exist. Won't tell me what I need to change to go further though. Spend another 10 min substituting and replacing existing info.still wont let me go further.Finally, what seem to work is making up another user name, another password and another email address. press submit.
Finally accepted my personal info.

Next, put in teen info (for the card itself). Rather than play around with anything, I just re-enter all my personal info again (even same e-mail address) . Submit final form and was accepted. Then ask funding info and how much for initial fund. Enter $500 from Chase Ink card. Accepted all data and will wait for card in standard mail, about 5-7 working days.
Can't wait for my "teen" to get this new gift.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:33 pm

Thumbs up

Waited long enough and still didnt receive the "teen enrollment codes" that they say will be emailed to me. So I decided to try this again from scratch.
Entered all the personal info again (this time I choose the "I am a parent" rather than the "relatives/friends" for the card option.
Won't let me go further as warning said acct already exist. Won't tell me what I need to change to go further though. Spend another 10 min substituting and replacing existing info.still wont let me go further.Finally, what seem to work is making up another user name, another password and another email address. press submit.

Next, put in teen info (for the card itself). Rather than play around with anything, I just re-enter all my personal info again (even same e-mail address) . Submit final form and was accepted. Then ask funding info and how much for initial fund. Enter $500 from Chase Ink card. Accepted all data and will wait for card in standard mail, about 5-7 working days.
congrats!
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Think you got lucky you dont have the NW card as I remember reading about their policy before I sign up (yet to get the enrollment code to finish application though), think they said fee charges for $10 for withdraws beyond your balance. So agree to double check before doing any withdraws.
Awesome for a card specifically geared towards teens.... That will teach them a lesson.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus

Sorry, you mean in the application form, you entered yourself as the parent and teen?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by bensim
Sorry, you mean in the application form, you entered yourself as the parent and teen?

Yes, whatever info you enter for yourself under personal info, just copy the same info and re enter for the teen.
Warning, do not choose the relative/friend option as they will set up acct under your name but can't seem to go further until they send a confirmation with enrollment codes to set up teen acct. and they never sent this to me. So have an acct all set up but can't link a teen to the acct to actually get a card
Choosing the , I am a parent option avoids the problems.
This is for the NW buzz, so unsure if the US bank card have the same problems.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
I understand that USBank credit cards certainly offer reduced fees but do not credit any point / mile when reloading the buxx.

What about the very first initial load? I have a Lifemile one and I am wondering whether I will get miles for the initial purchase and load.

Any thoughts/experience?
Thanks,
Minos
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by Minos
I understand that USBank credit cards certainly offer reduced fees but do not credit any point / mile when reloading the buxx.

What about the very first initial load? I have a Lifemile one and I am wondering whether I will get miles for the initial purchase and load.

Any thoughts/experience?
Thanks,
Minos
I did this with lifemiles card. The set up cost is reduced by $10 adn the load cost by 2.5 but no miles after statement closed.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:47 pm

Awesome for a card specifically geared towards teens.... That will teach them a lesson.

Lol, be careful about that when they run out of funds and have the extra $10 fee, just guess who they will come to and who will eventually pay it.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I did this with lifemiles card. The set up cost is reduced by $10 adn the load cost by 2.5 but no miles after statement closed.
Thanks for the info mintcilantro.

I'll have to run the maths to find whether it is more interesting to load with Lifemiles or a non US Bank card.
I save $12.5 with a USBank card but I forfeit 500 miles which should not be no more than $8.

Guess I will initially pay with Lifemiles then!

Minos
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:05 pm

Barclay Arrival Fraud Alert

Just some info - I just set up my 1st Visabuxx card with NW. I was unable to complete the account setup due to the payment option (Barclay Arrival). A few minutes later I received a call from Barclay's Fraud Detection Unit. The recording said there was a transaction with an online bank. I verified the transaction, and then was able to complete the VisaBuxx application.

Hope there won't be any CA issues, since Barclays classifies this as an online bank transaction. I'm relying on the info in this thread. Expecting it to post as a regular purchase.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: All of em...
Arrival card works for me on the US Bank Buxx card w/out CA fees. Dunno about NW. Good luck

Originally Posted by CrediPig
Just some info - I just set up my 1st Visabuxx card with NW. I was unable to complete the account setup due to the payment option (Barclay Arrival). A few minutes later I received a call from Barclay's Fraud Detection Unit. The recording said there was a transaction with an online bank. I verified the transaction, and then was able to complete the VisaBuxx application.

Hope there won't be any CA issues, since Barclays classifies this as an online bank transaction. I'm relying on the info in this thread. Expecting it to post as a regular purchase.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Quote:

Any thoughts/experience?
Thanks,
Minos

Interestingly the Club Carlson business card didn't give the reduced US Bank fees. I'll report if miles post.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:11 am

Anyone received a payment information error?

Been loading this with Hilton Reserve in pursuit of Diamond status. all of sudden i got a please verify your payment information error. I checked and all my information was correct...i can load with my Ink but not my hilton reserve. Anyone else run into this problem before? It's like they blocked my hilton reserve card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.