Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
The only problem with NW is you can spend $800 per week (doesn't say if it is in 7 days or actual week) and you can reload this card 5 times per month.
And load limit of $1000 in a rolling 30 day period
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jk2
You can unload your USBank Buxx via US Bank ATM (free) or via Serve. At least I did it (via Serve) with mine (from NW).

My reload in WM went as purchase (why it shouldn't?):

11-01-2012 Wal-Mart Super Center
Wal-Mart Super Center Purchase of Goods or Services ($500.00) $0.00 $0.00

The only problem with NW is you can spend $800 per week (doesn't say if it is in 7 days or actual week) and you can reload this card 5 times per month.
Yeah, but I don't have any US Bank ATMs anywhere near me, so that isn't an option. I'm thinking of unloading it via Serve (wife's account) and then sending the money to my new bluebird account to then pay bills from. If that works, I'd be happy with that.

As far as my question about purchase or ATM... I would think that it would be coded as a purchase, but I was just wondering if it was part of the reason why the US Bank version supposedly doesn't work.

So, you ran it as a debit card and entered your pin to load the bluebird and there were no issues, right? I'm definitely going to have to re-run MMS experiment when I get both of my cards.

Thanks for the help & info!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 4:56 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521

So, you ran it as a debit card and entered your pin to load the bluebird and there were no issues, right? I'm definitely going to have to re-run MMS experiment when I get both of my cards.

Thanks for the help & info!
Yes, I ran it as debit and used pin. Therefore, I assume you can purchase MO anywhere it sold. I'm surprised as well that USBank Buxx is not working as real debit card (since you have a PIN).

I also cannot find that only $1k is a limit to load this card per month. I see from card manual that $1K is maximum you can have on the card.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 4:58 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by y2chen
And load limit of $1000 in a rolling 30 day period
I could not find this limit in T&C. Is it your personal experience?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Yeah I had to find that out the hard way. I only did one load last month, but the system kept telling me I'd reached the max number of loads when I tried a second one. When I finally called, a supervisor said it was because I'd already loaded $1k in the past 30 days. I tried again after those 30 days passed, and voila, my load went through fine.

I complained that this was nowhere in the T&Cs, and they simply acknowledged it, but nothing more (not that they could really do anything on the spot).
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
So, that's good if I can find somewhere that will allow me to buy $2k of cash equivalent products from them. haha
That's also a fantastic way of getting yourself shut down if you're doing one purchase. I rather eat the small fees and break it up.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by tearex
That's also a fantastic way of getting yourself shut down if you're doing one purchase. I rather eat the small fees and break it up.
Yeah, I don't actually plan on using it all in one spend. The main point of the question was to see if they had a $800/week limit like the other card does.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:10 pm

Anyone have luck loading these with a non-reloadable prepaid GC? I tried several different cards, all giftcardmall or myvanilla, but it wouldn't go through. I registered names/addresses for giftcardmall and they match the buxx parent.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:26 pm

[QUOTE=emax48;19635480]Anyone have luck loading these with a non-reloadable prepaid GC? I tried several different cards, all giftcardmall or myvanilla, but it wouldn't go through. I registered names/addresses for giftcardmall and they match the buxx parent.[/QUOTE

are you using us bank or nw?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by cliff1371
are you using us bank or nw?
NW
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by emax48:19635480
Anyone have luck loading these with a non-reloadable prepaid GC? I tried several different cards, all giftcardmall or myvanilla, but it wouldn't go through. I registered names/addresses for giftcardmall and they match the buxx parent.
Ever find your answer?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:17 pm

USBank Buxx to load Target Amex?

Anyone tried to use USBank Buxx to load Target Amex? I'd like that option rather than always hitting the USBank ATM.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Interesting-- and a bit disturbing-- email from BUXX...

I had closed the two BUXX cards I had on my own in late Oct after they had a $0 balance. One online and the other by calling in.

When you read this email, my worry is that they will somehow try to grab in funds but then I will have to dispute with my CC and wait weeks for my money back on something that should not occur. I have seen this sort of thing before and I hope I am wrong about its possibility. Some could say I am worrying too much but hey, consider this a warning. I'll be calling them to find out how to prevent issues and taking names and numbers where possible. Wish me luck!

Here is the email:

Nationwide Visa Buxx Account Closure is complete

Nationwide Visa Buxx

TO: MM email
Friday, November 9, 2012 2:11 AM

Dear MM,

Your Nationwide Visa Buxx account was closed on November 09, 2012. Your funding account ending in XXXX will be debited five days from the date of this notification.
Remaining card value: $ 0.00
Account closure fee: $ 0.00
Net amount debited to your funding account: $ 0.00

Please do not reply to this message. If you need further assistance, please contact Customer Service at 866.213.3293.

Thank you.

EID 1012 V 1

Also, FYI... I had tried many times to load/fund various PP cards I've had like this one with GCs. It normally does not work.

MM
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:28 am

Is anyone earning Flexpoints by loading these cards through a US Bank visa card? I thought I read on their website somewhere that a load does not earn flexpoints.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:45 am

Also, FYI... I had tried many times to load/fund various PP cards I've had like this one with GCs. It normally does not work.

MM
Not normally, but did it ever work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.