Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Question.

How quick are you guys loading and then turning around withdrawing out of your cards?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AA-Gold, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold
Originally Posted by f0xx
Question.

How quick are you guys loading and then turning around withdrawing out of your cards?
11:30am - Load TD GO
11:45am - MO at Wally
11:55am - Eating a double-double at In-N-Out
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by f0xx
Question.

I've been waiting a week or two. There are US bank ATMs at gas stations in my hood so I wait until I'm filling up. There are people in the thread that said they loaded up on day 1, and withdrew on day 2. Not sure about same day.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by GBS2005

Exactly what I wanted to hear. ^
How long has this been going?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by PolarPlunge
I've been waiting a week or two. There are US bank ATMs at gas stations in my hood so I wait until I'm filling up. There are people in the thread that said they loaded up on day 1, and withdrew on day 2. Not sure about same day.
I waited about... a week now. Just wanted to gauge a consensus. ^
Don't want to kill a good thing.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rmunson1
I'm just trying to gain clarity on the above statement.
Does 'they' = Evolve?
And, how is it that GC's (other than fees) don't play nice?
Thanks.
given that this is a visa buxx thread, i'm pretty sure "they" are not evolve. and PINs are wacky.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by brc01
You are correct, billing address must be in those states for ongoing credit card loads. There is no option to change the billing address outside of those limited states they serve even after receiving the card. The invite a friend/family member/grandparent feature to sign up a guest loading account also disallows a billing address outside those states.
well, I think you can get a paypal debit card and change your address online to match your daughter's.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Any recent experience getting a MO with either the US Buxx or NW Buxx? I am running two Target cards with $2000 on each, so trying to avoid even more ATM visits and cash deposits if possible. I also have the GoBank card so that is also an option if either one loads easily to that card. Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by GBS2005
Mmm, double double. Animal style.

US Bank

Is there any issue with using the 'allowance' auto reload feature? I will need to be careful on months with 5 weeks in them, but other than that?

What about if I switch out the loading card every three months or so?

I have very spoiled children who get an allowance of $500 a week
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by rmunson1
I'm just trying to gain clarity on the above statement.
Does 'they' = Evolve?
And, how is it that GC's (other than fees) don't play nice?
Thanks.
Sorry. Yes, I hope Evolve Money stays around. They don't seem to have many ways to make money and once the start up money is gone I'm afraid they might not last.

Right now they are a free way to unload my US Bank Buxx cards, since I live in an area with no US Bank ATM's.

GC's that do not play nice at Walmart = those Master Card GC's from the Office Depot are hard for me to load to Bluebird, my closest kiosk is 15 minutes and a toll road away so I'm stuck with in person. I'm not good at the fast fingers method due to arthritis. So being able to use them on Evolve is nice. Same with GC's that make you register them to get a PIN.

I added a bit of info to this threads Wiki just now.

Last edited by Haleyb; Mar 1, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:24 am

Has anyone had any trouble loading with a Capital One card? A few in this thread mentioned it, but no solution/followup was ever posted.

EDIT: Now, I keep getting the following message no matter which card I use:

Account information could not be processed. Please verify the information you entered and try again.

Last edited by commdiver; Mar 2, 2014 at 2:11 am
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
anybody have experience with http://www.buxx.com/visa-buxx-pricing?

The pricing is much higher. $2.5 for loads of $250. The only other redeeming feature is daily transaction limit of $2500.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:49 am

That is the same pricing as USB, but USB has no monthly fee. The startup fee iis lower than USB. Not clear what the limits are per month on this card
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by djca
The posted transaction is labeled "TD BANK" while the temporary authorization is "TD Go" and still hasn't dropped off.
I've got the same thing going on today from 3 transactions that posted last month (2/10, 2/20, 2/21). Did yours eventually drop off?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by picards007
I've got the same thing going on today from 3 transactions that posted last month (2/10, 2/20, 2/21). Did yours eventually drop off?
Not yet. My earliest TD Go load is 2/19 and that is still listed as pending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.