Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
nope, not avail to my acct as well; here's a reply from a Simon's Rep:
'We have a number of things we have to consider when looking at making cards available to purchase for our customer base (such as vendor requirements, capacity at our fulfillment centers and card inventory to name a few). We don’t allow access to all cards to all customers but have to manage to a variety of program parameters.'

those Plaid series are definitely more desired & demand than those that issued by BHN; if available to all, SM knows that they won't be able to sell any more of the BHN's VGC
Bubble burst. Short lived excitement. Then no use in registering it
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:48 am

nope, not avail to my acct as well; here's a reply from a Simon's Rep:
'We have a number of things we have to consider when looking at making cards available to purchase for our customer base (such as vendor requirements, capacity at our fulfillment centers and card inventory to name a few). We don’t allow access to all cards to all customers but have to manage to a variety of program parameters.'

those Plaid series are definitely more desired & demand than those that issued by BHN; if available to all, SM knows that they won't be able to sell any more of the BHN's VGC... guess that they only make Plaid cards avail to those customers in areas that don't have liquidated option(s)
agreed, but how do we get access to the Plaids then? That's the real question.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
There is an IT issue involving customer initiated GC activation right now. I emailed my account manager and she did the activation.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:28 am

60% off purchase fees (not all fees) through 9/5 with code LD22SAVE60
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler
agreed, but how do we get access to the Plaids then? That's the real question.
any folks is able to buy the Plaid series card online?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:41 pm

Paid for a MO with Simon $1000 GC. Receipt printed. MO machine broke so i did not recieve a MO. Cashier started a refund transaction. I swiped the same Simon GC. Additional receipt printed. Balance still says $0 via online balance check.

Anyone ever experience this? I still have both receipts.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
Paid for a MO with Simon $1000 GC. Receipt printed. MO machine broke so i did not recieve a MO. Cashier started a refund transaction. I swiped the same Simon GC. Additional receipt printed. Balance still says $0 via online balance check.

Anyone ever experience this? I still have both receipts.
It may take a week to show up. If not, the card may be locked and you'll have to have Meta unfreeze the funds. Keep the return receipt.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:54 am

any folks is able to buy the Plaid series card online?
Plaids not available via the Simon Consumer portal either. Just Blackhawks.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
It may take a week to show up. If not, the card may be locked and you'll have to have Meta unfreeze the funds. Keep the return receipt.
Good call!

I just got off the phone with 866-325-6238. I tried to balance check the card, and the system automatically forwarded me to dispute dept. She said the card is not set up to receive refunds and now it is blocked. I'll receive an email requesting copies of purchase and return receipt and they'll unblock the card.

Lesson learned. Bring a real debit card with to swipe for refunds.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
Good call!

I just got off the phone with 866-325-6238. I tried to balance check the card, and the system automatically forwarded me to dispute dept. She said the card is not set up to receive refunds and now it is blocked. I'll receive an email requesting copies of purchase and return receipt and they'll unblock the card.

Lesson learned. Bring a real debit card with to swipe for refunds.
Were you trying this transaction at Walmart? Failed money orders are a whole different beast there.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
Were you trying this transaction at Walmart? Failed money orders are a whole different beast there.
Lol, I actually liked getting errors at Walmart. The register would pop open and they would refund me in cash... including the MO fee! 😁
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by joemeckler
Lol, I actually liked getting errors at Walmart. The register would pop open and they would refund me in cash... including the MO fee! 😁
heck, it's not always the case (instant cash refund); one time when a vgc wasn't activated but the pymt was taken, the store supervisor insisted that the pending pymt will be reversed or won't be charged despite my insistence that the system had the cash register open suggesting a refund to customer; they didn't care & no refund! after the charge was posted, i had to go thru a hassle of coming back there & telling that supervisor to refund my $
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
Meijer. Pretty sure I could've swiped almost any card on planet earth when she told me to swipe.
TTT103 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:46 am

heck, it's not always the case (instant cash refund); one time when a vgc wasn't activated but the pymt was taken, the store supervisor insisted that the pending pymt will be reversed or won't be charged despite my insistence that the system had the cash register open suggesting a refund to customer; they didn't care & no refund! after the charge was posted, i had to go thru a hassle of coming back there & telling that supervisor to refund my $
That sucks! At my Walmart, they were trained that as soon as the cash drawer opened they were to just refund me in cash. Small anecdote, one time they accidentally hit cash instead of debit card for the transaction and the register opened. The associate closed it and gave me the MO before I could even swipe. She insisted that I had already paid and I insisted that I didn't! I handed them my phone number and told them to call me when the til was $1000 short! Got a phone call an hour later asking that I please come back with $1000 in cash to balance the register. They treated me like family after that! :-)
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by joemeckler
That sucks! At my Walmart, they were trained that as soon as the cash drawer opened they were to just refund me in cash. Small anecdote, one time they accidentally hit cash instead of debit card for the transaction and the register opened. The associate closed it and gave me the MO before I could even swipe. She insisted that I had already paid and I insisted that I didn't! I handed them my phone number and told them to call me when the til was $1000 short! Got a phone call an hour later asking that I please come back with $1000 in cash to balance the register. They treated me like family after that! :-)
When the same thing happened to me, I didn't bother to leave. I just insisted that the manager come and fix the problem, which was to give me a MO and keep the cash. I didn't have to make any return visit and they didn't treat me any better after the event than before it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.