Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by jasonm17
For anyone that has experience with both, I've got a local grocery store that I can use OD/OM Metas at to buy MOs. If that's the case, would SVGC work as well? I'm only asking because I don't have a Simon near me to get one to test so I wouldn't be able to get one until the next time I'm out of town near a Simon Center
Likely but the only way to know is to try it.
jasonm17 likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by jasonm17
For anyone that has experience with both, I've got a local grocery store that I can use OD/OM Metas at to buy MOs. If that's the case, would SVGC work as well? I'm only asking because I don't have a Simon near me to get one to test so I wouldn't be able to get one until the next time I'm out of town near a Simon Center
Best I would say is that it's possible, but not guaranteed. There was a chain that recently started making Simon more difficult, but seems to be the amount (i.e over 500) that was restricted, so if the full amount gives you a problem, you might need to try breaking it up. Hope that helps.
jasonm17 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Plat
Went to my friendly grocer chain today w/a $1k SVGC and got my $500 MO, approved right after i entered PIN. Went to the next location, used the same card for a $499 MO, so there would still be 8 cents left, entered my pin and waited....for awhile, nothing, just blank screen, not approved message and no "not authorized" or declined message. She then asked to see debit card, even with my name printed on it, she said it was a gift card and couldn't accept it. I'll have to try the second location another day with a fresh SVGC and see if they are shutting down this chain for even <$500 or if Meta is doing something to the card after the 1st MO purchase.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:13 am

60% off card purchase fees through 6/11 with code JUN22FLASH60.

Note this is only on the card fees, not all fees, thus netting about a 39% discount on a $10K order.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by rlrbmw
Went to my friendly grocer chain today w/a $1k SVGC and got my $500 MO, approved right after i entered PIN. Went to the next location, used the same card for a $499 MO, so there would still be 8 cents left, entered my pin and waited....for awhile, nothing, just blank screen, not approved message and no "not authorized" or declined message. She then asked to see debit card, even with my name printed on it, she said it was a gift card and couldn't accept it. I'll have to try the second location another day with a fresh SVGC and see if they are shutting down this chain for even <$500 or if Meta is doing something to the card after the 1st MO purchase.
besides ur name or biz name, it also displays SM gc brand on front & back of the card... hope u did black those out
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:02 am
soy

Programs: various
MO1 = 500 + fee
MO2 = 499 + fee
Card load = $1k
Sure you were not short a buck?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:32 am
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
That was my first reaction too. Didn't quite add up.

Originally Posted by soy
MO1 = 500 + fee
MO2 = 499 + fee
Card load = $1k
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by soy
MO1 = 500 + fee
MO2 = 499 + fee
Card load = $1k
The store that is being referenced has MOs for .46 each if it is the one that I have used.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by ncfinfan
The store that is being referenced has MOs for .46 each if it is the one that I have used.
Correct, .46 per MO =$500 +.46 & $499 +.46
Total = $999.92
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
besides ur name or biz name, it also displays SM gc brand on front & back of the card... hope u did black those out
The black sparkle ones have Simon GC discreetly in the corner which is where I hold it with my fingers covering it up. I also have my name and a credit union name printed on the card. However, the card still had numbers printed on it like a GC vs embossed like a true debit card. Sometimes it still works, other times not.
danpeake and GK8 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:16 pm
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
The black sparkle ones have Simon GC discreetly in the corner which is where I hold it with my fingers covering it up. I also have my name and a credit union name printed on the card. However, the card still had numbers printed on it like a GC vs embossed like a true debit card. Sometimes it still works, other times not.
I like the idea of a credit union name printed on it. Never considered that before!
danpeake likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Anyone load Bluebird/Serve at Walmart for $1k swipes recently? I last attempted on June 9 and no swipe no matter the amount would go through, but reading comments posted in a few places I'm starting to suspect it's a false alarm or fluke that it didn't work that day. I remember this happened once before for BHN/Metabank, I stopped buying Simon for weeks until I realized it was swiping normally all along and the only people who had problems were Staples buyers with screwy expiry dates
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by msp3
Anyone load Bluebird/Serve at Walmart for $1k swipes recently? I last attempted on June 9 and no swipe no matter the amount would go through, but reading comments posted in a few places I'm starting to suspect it's a false alarm or fluke that it didn't work that day. I remember this happened once before for BHN/Metabank, I stopped buying Simon for weeks until I realized it was swiping normally all along and the only people who had problems were Staples buyers with screwy expiry dates
I do not believe that WM allows you to load $1000 on a single swipe with a debit card of any type. I believe the limit is $500.

I once tried to load my Go bank card with a $995 load plus the $3.74 load fee that WM now charges accepting the .04% cost of loading due to the fee and the attempt failed.

Try decreasing you load to $500 and I suspect that it will go through.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by radonc1
Try decreasing you load to $500 and I suspect that it will go through.
That's true for the Visa version of Bluebird/Serve, but for Amex Bluebird/Serve the limits are the same as it always was, $1999/transaction up to $2500/day and $5000/mo. Subject of course to the same 4 swipes (including Bluebird/Serve swipe) per transaction if associate is willing and not CS/MC for BHN
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:45 pm

Haven't in the game of Simon for years, and passing by the mall today, so I bought two visa, one from meta, the other from sutton.

Then drove to usps to unload, but all failed. I checked the card balance online, it's all good. For sutton one, there is no usps transaction at all. For meta, it reads as following:

Authorization Request
Post Date: 6/17/2022 xx:xx:xx PM
Reference: Declined

So anyone know how to unload them these days since I haven't been in the MS games for years. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.