Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
Actually, they will.
You will just have to keep each swipe at $99 which means that you can get a $365 MO with 4 swipes of 2 cards with $34 remaining on one. (after paying the $1 fee).

Of course, you need a compliant WM who will let you behave in such a manner, but in the end, if such a unicorn exists, you can liquidate your cards for MOs.
My Az experience is that Fry’s has banned GC for MO gradually by store over last 6 months. Register not hard coded but clerk asked to see card with name on it…now maybe register is hard coded to decline GC but I doubt that’s the case since it would affect DC transactions. Was told stores were audited…by corporate?..so that is reason for policy change.

For $200 GC I would just use for regular spend or do the WM hokey pokey for $99 swipes…unless you have a doz or so to liquidate. 😜
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:59 pm

I had a nice run with Simon. But I have to bow out also now. My 1 liquidating spot has not been shutdown also. Luckily I was never hard at it so Im only stuck with 3k worth to get rid of. I feel for those ordering 10K at a time
Old May 2, 2022, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by rdeppen
I’ve had the same thing happen, and Simon will cancel that card order and put a credit on your account for the order amount, so you’ll need to then place a new order. Funny enough, a few days later the order started tracking with UPS and finally delivered a couple days after that.
Low and behold UPS located my lost order and delivered them today. Simon told me to give them until last Thursday, but I got sidetracked on Friday, so had planned to call today when I noticed in my UPS app that the cards were out for delivery.
36902BRF likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Lovelabs2
My Az experience is that Fry’s has banned GC for MO gradually by store over last 6 months. Register not hard coded but clerk asked to see card with name on it…now maybe register is hard coded to decline GC but I doubt that’s the case since it would affect DC transactions. Was told stores were audited…by corporate?..so that is reason for policy change.

For $200 GC I would just use for regular spend or do the WM hokey pokey for $99 swipes…unless you have a doz or so to liquidate. 😜
Interesting. I'm still using $500 cards at east valley fry's. Just went yesterday and today. Problem is the clerks. Some ask for id, some don't. Even at same stores. I just make notes. Probably time to invest in a card cloner......
Old May 3, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by themaxx69
Interesting. I'm still using $500 cards at east valley fry's. Just went yesterday and today. Problem is the clerks. Some ask for id, some don't. Even at same stores. I just make notes. Probably time to invest in a card cloner......
I’ve NEVER been asked for ID in all the years of MS at Fry’s…..but I have been asked to see debit card being used a few years ago. Now all three area stores have been shut down for MO with GC…one by one several months apart since last fall. Few folks do MS in my area….most MS is in Valley.

im sure before long all Az Fry’s will ban GC for MO…hopefully later rather than sooner.
Old May 4, 2022, 5:01 am

55% off all fees through May 7 with code 22CINCO55
Old May 4, 2022, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
55% off all fees through May 7 with code 22CINCO55
Thanks!
Old May 8, 2022, 4:11 pm

I've had an odd thing happen to me today. I've been trying to liquidate my last 3k Simon cards with 99 swipes since my grocery chain stopped accepting them about 3 weeks ago. I've had no issues getting MO at ACME in the mid $90s range and today I went to a store where I'm friendly with the cashiers and know they don't care so I tried to get two MO back to back. First one went through and printed with no problems but when he entered the second MO amount I tried to swipe for that one it came up not authorized twice. Does anyone know if the card doesn't allow quick consecutive swipes?
Old May 8, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by PHL_Intl.
I've had an odd thing happen to me today. I've been trying to liquidate my last 3k Simon cards with 99 swipes since my grocery chain stopped accepting them about 3 weeks ago. I've had no issues getting MO at ACME in the mid $90s range and today I went to a store where I'm friendly with the cashiers and know they don't care so I tried to get two MO back to back. First one went through and printed with no problems but when he entered the second MO amount I tried to swipe for that one it came up not authorized twice. Does anyone know if the card doesn't allow quick consecutive swipes?
I am going to take a swipe at this.
IF the program the store is running is sophisticated enough to limit your VGC to $99 or less, it wouldn't be out of the world to assume that the program would not allow you to use the same card twice in a row.

Why not to try to use a different VGC for each MO? I have a sneaking suspicion that you would be successful.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by PHL_Intl.
IF the program the store is running is sophisticated enough to limit your VGC to $99 or less, it wouldn't be out of the world to assume that the program would not allow you to use the same card twice in a row.

Why not to try to use a different VGC for each MO? I have a sneaking suspicion that you would be successful.
When the limits began at WM, I swiped cards back to back no problem (even in the same transaction). It might be more sophisticated at ACME or Meta's processing may be more sophisticated now (the same way a "regular" credit card can throw up a fraud warning with back-to-back transactions).
Old May 9, 2022, 12:53 pm

Multiple swipes with SGC have never been a problem in the past so I didn't think 2 separate ones within a short span would be an issue

Well these are $1000 gift cards so I don't necessarily want to carry two around just to get two $99 MO.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:36 am
soy

Programs: various
45% off all fees until May 14th, MAY22SAVE45
beachmiles and danpeake like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:57 am

I've been buying $1k Simon VGC online every quarter on a BoA (1/2/3 card) with my 3 category set for Online Shopping. Prior to this quarter, the transactions always showed up as being online, but the latest one did not -- and unsurprisingly I did not get the bonus points. Has anyone else noticed this? Was this a glitch? Is this BoA or Simon? Is the party over wrt this avenue?
Old May 18, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by LilOlMe
I've been buying $1k Simon VGC online every quarter on a BoA (1/2/3 card) with my 3 category set for Online Shopping. Prior to this quarter, the transactions always showed up as being online, but the latest one did not -- and unsurprisingly I did not get the bonus points. Has anyone else noticed this? Was this a glitch? Is this BoA or Simon? Is the party over wrt this avenue?
BOA may just have gotten around to enforcing it's T&Cs which I suspect preclude getting any bonuses when buying GCs on line.
Then again, it may just be a glitch.
You may want to check out the BOA website for it's T&Cs.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by LilOlMe
They quit giving out bonus rewards for Simon in March of this year. I'm pretty sure this is not a glitch.
FWIW I asked the Simon bulk sales rep if they changed anything with the coding. The answer was no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.