Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by barcanomics
Data point for anyone who didn't already know: I can do up to 4 $99 swipes with SMVGC at Albertsons in SoCal. Looks like the same policy as WM now.
Thankd for this night moved to San Diego last year and obviously been out of the MS game. I have a Ralph's near, do you know if they allow Vgc with MO? It looks like Ralph's is apart of the Kroger network.

I also used to buy Vgc from giftcard mall. Does anyone know if these Vgc works ?? Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:41 pm

50% off fees through 2/2 with code JAN22SAVE50
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Anyone having issues with shipments? I see this banner on the website:

Please note that we are experiencing some production/shipping delays due to COVID caused absences at the fulfillment center. Our partners are doing everything they can to catch up as quickly as possible. We appreciate your understanding.

Last edited by Happy Traveling Consultant; Jan 28, 2022 at 1:20 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
Smile

Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant

Please note that we are experiencing some production/shipping delays due to COVID caused absences at the fulfillment center. Our partners are doing everything they can to catch up as quickly as possible. We appreciate your understanding.
While most people have problem with liquidating SMGC, you worry about shipping speeding. I'm happy for you
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by kingscross
While most people have problem with liquidating SMGC, you worry about shipping speeding. I'm happy for you
First world problems!

Yeah, doing about $30-40k month typically, but have been busy and will only do $20k this month.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:29 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant

Thats been there a few weeks. Shipments are a day or two slower, but no biggie
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Thats been there a few weeks. Shipments are a day or two slower, but no biggie
Awesome. Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, SWA, United, British Air, Jet Blue, Alaska
Originally Posted by satman40

Why not go to OD, get 5X, buy a Lowes GC , USE an EBay Lowes Mover Coupon get 10% off, and never pay a dime for the GC.

You can use your SMGC to pay your LAR @ Lowes.

Works for me..
OK, this was post was 3 years ago. I have been largely out of the manufactured spend for years and haven't logged into this site for 4+ years. But, back on today. I have a min spend for a credit card. Simon GC and GoBank was my preferred method 5 years ago. 2 questions:
1 - go to OD, get 5x, never pay a dime for GC sounds wonderful, except how do you unload Lowe's GC unless you actually are buying something at Lowe's?
2 - how do you unload Simon Gift cards these days? GoBank won't talk to me. My card expired Feb 2020 and they didn't send a new one and now it looks like 'cash loads' may cost $4.95 (had been free at Walmart) and besides, it isn't clear that 'cash' can include a pre-paid debit card.

So, getting some giftcards to achieve spend targets appeal, but unclear how to unload either Lowe's or Simon.

Last edited by rmunson1; Jan 31, 2022 at 9:40 am Reason: Left out context of what I was replying to
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, SWA, United, British Air, Jet Blue, Alaska
Originally Posted by Zgirl

10X500 is not $10K. And Simon mall is definitely not the best place to acquire GCs - the $3 95 fee is NOT a competitive price, this is why I don't buy GCs at Simon anymore.

Just my 2 cents.
Regarding 'not competitive' - what is better?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
seems u asked the same Q that A had been provided last time...likely have to test it urself; seasoned MSers def don't touch the card b/c of its high fees
Just trying to clarify. In your quote, did 'don't touch the card' refer to the Simon Mall Gift Card?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by rmunson1
OK, this was post was 3 years ago. I have been largely out of the manufactured spend for years and haven't logged into this site for 4+ years. But, back on today. I have a min spend for a credit card. Simon GC and GoBank was my preferred method 5 years ago. 2 questions:
1 - go to OD, get 5x, never pay a dime for GC sounds wonderful, except how do you unload Lowe's GC unless you actually are buying something at Lowe's?
2 - how do you unload Simon Gift cards these days? GoBank won't talk to me. My card expired Feb 2020 and they didn't send a new one and now it looks like 'cash loads' may cost $4.95 (had been free at Walmart) and besides, it isn't clear that 'cash' can include a pre-paid debit card.

So, getting some giftcards to achieve spend targets appeal, but unclear how to unload either Lowe's or Simon.
Start off with one of these:
https://www.teachertoolkit.co.uk/wp-...69-820x545.jpg
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
The Staples cards are sold at no fee and they are Visa cards or Master Card‘s but they are sold as promotions,

my old INK Cards gives me 5X,

SM Cards are 1k so 2 swipes 4.50 not bad not like the mint but not bad for new card spend

Lowes no problem have rentals

like the MINT easy
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Have not purchased in a while, I used my Citi AA business card, transaction went fine. A couple of days later, wanted to do another purchase, it stated that card was not ok.
Called Citi, all good with my card, even amount preapproved. Did not go through. Used Chase, it went through.

DofC comments state CITI not Simon friendly, DP of shutdowns, any DP on CITI AA? - Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Have not purchased in a while, I used my Citi AA business card, transaction went fine. A couple of days later, wanted to do another purchase, it stated that card was not ok.
Called Citi, all good with my card, even amount preapproved. Did not go through. Used Chase, it went through.

DofC comments state CITI not Simon friendly, DP of shutdowns, any DP on CITI AA? - Thanks!
Citi does not play well with Simon. There are plenty of DPs scattered throughout these threads about purchase declines. Fewer on shutdowns specifically due to buying GCs at Simon and in truth one cannot sift out the actual reason the poster was shut down.

Just remember that large amounts of MS activity can put your credit cards and banking relations at risk.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU

I reported on another thread.my aa biz, double cash and premier shut down same time in 02/2020 after buying MO and bill pay at wally. all citi points are forfeited but aa miles were transferred to my aa account the next month. I was citi gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.