Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
Just posted this in the Safeway thread and I'm at least the second person to post this re: Safeway-owned brands. Multiple stores that worked last weekend (Acme, Jewel) for Simon VGCs do not work now. Message is "Not Authorized" when you try and run them. As I said on that forum, another one bites the dust.
Same experience at the Shaws in my area this morning which is a Safeway owned brand as well.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Same experience at the Shaws in my area this morning which is a Safeway owned brand as well.
Kind of knew it was just a matter of time after they started blocking them at their West coast Vons stores.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 10:43 am

Deleted
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:29 pm

Kind of knew it was just a matter of time after they started blocking them at their West coast Vons stores.
The last few months I've been operating as if I was borrowed time with this liquidation route and I'm not surprised to see it come to an end. This was the nail in the coffin for me with Simon as well unless they up the Spend cards max load to $500 or higher. Until then it will be less driving, but more visits to WM with GDs and SSs.

Last edited by Prometheus77; Apr 23, 2022 at 6:50 pm
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:08 am

Newbie Simon Question for Bonus Spend Requirements

I haven't bought a Simon (or money order) in 5 years. I remember Amex didn't count Simon spend toward bonus "90 day spend" I'm under 5/24. I want a Sapphire, maybe an IHG. I'll put plenty of daily spend, but I'd like to get (maybe $2000) $500 Simons (In San Diego) to complete the spend requirement in 30 days.

Other than Amex, in 2022 are Chase or any other banks not counting Simon toward spending requirement? Sorry if this is a basic answer. Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by pbjoe
I haven't bought a Simon (or money order) in 5 years. I remember Amex didn't count Simon spend toward bonus "90 day spend" I'm under 5/24. I want a Sapphire, maybe an IHG. I'll put plenty of daily spend, but I'd like to get (maybe $2000) $500 Simons (In San Diego) to complete the spend requirement in 30 days.

Other than Amex, in 2022 are Chase or any other banks not counting Simon toward spending requirement? Sorry if this is a basic answer. Thanks
Chase worked fine for me fairly recently, although this was not MSR spend. IIRC I've only heard of issues with Amex and USBank (perhaps just certain cards for USB).
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:41 am
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
Just posted this in the Safeway thread and I'm at least the second person to post this re: Safeway-owned brands. Multiple stores that worked last weekend (Acme, Jewel) for Simon VGCs do not work now. Message is "Not Authorized" when you try and run them. As I said on that forum, another one bites the dust.
Yep, same here. Cards worked for smaller test transactions of a few bucks but Not Authorized for $1k transactions at Shaws. Sad.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:43 pm

Little dp in AZ. $1000 cards not working now at fry's, safeway or albertsons. Still working at one chain, but there are some in other cities I haven't tried. Funny thing is, at fry's they didn't stop working at the same time. Different stores stopped at different times.
flyguy6 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:42 am
soy

Programs: various
For those who still can liquidate, 48% off all fees until May 1
MAY22DAY48
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:10 am

Has anyone had any recent experience with a lost order of gift cards? My shipment is lost somewhere in the UPS system and nobody from UPS can seem to find it. Will Simon issue a refund, reissue the cards, or ???? I did call Simon and explained the lost shipment. They asked me to give it another day just in case it shows up in the UPS system. I forgot to ask Simon what the next step is if UPS can not locate it.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
Has anyone had any recent experience with a lost order of gift cards? My shipment is lost somewhere in the UPS system and nobody from UPS can seem to find it. Will Simon issue a refund, reissue the cards, or ???? I did call Simon and explained the lost shipment. They asked me to give it another day just in case it shows up in the UPS system. I forgot to ask Simon what the next step is if UPS can not locate it.
I don't have a specific Simon example, but many years ago when I was buying from Staples.com an order went missing and they resent the order and "cancelled" the cards from the original order. I imagine Simon will do the same but have no data to back that up.

Let us know what happens.
TTT103 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
I’ve had the same thing happen, and Simon will cancel that card order and put a credit on your account for the order amount, so you’ll need to then place a new order. Funny enough, a few days later the order started tracking with UPS and finally delivered a couple days after that.
TTT103 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:15 pm

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by themaxx69
Little dp in AZ. $1000 cards not working now at fry's, safeway or albertsons. Still working at one chain, but there are some in other cities I haven't tried. Funny thing is, at fry's they didn't stop working at the same time. Different stores stopped at different times.
DP. My $200 VGC's stopped working for MO's at multiple Fry's stores in AZ. Will have to have to hunt for a new liquidation option. Most WM's I tried won't take them.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by flyguy6
DP. My $200 VGC's stopped working for MO's at multiple Fry's stores in AZ. Will have to have to hunt for a new liquidation option. Most WM's I tried won't take them.
Actually, they will.
You will just have to keep each swipe at $99 which means that you can get a $365 MO with 4 swipes of 2 cards with $34 remaining on one. (after paying the $1 fee).

Of course, you need a compliant WM who will let you behave in such a manner, but in the end, if such a unicorn exists, you can liquidate your cards for MOs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.