Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I’m trying to keep a low profile, so the fewer swipes to liquidate the better especially as I have 240,000 to get through per year, or basically 20 supermarket visits to liquidate per month with 2x$500 MO per visit plus the bank deposit stops.

Because I’m doing this for one specific purpose I have only one card to do this with, my Chase Presidential Plus, which also means starting slow and ramping up slowly to avoid a total shutdown of my Chase relationship.

So it looks like the Sutton cards bought in person at the mall and liquidated at various Ralph’s is my best option.
$240k?

If after the first year, you still believe you have a low profile, let me know your secret.
danpeake, cuthroat and Whittaker like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I’m trying to keep a low profile, so the fewer swipes to liquidate the better especially as I have 240,000 to get through per year, or basically 20 supermarket visits to liquidate per month with 2x$500 MO per visit plus the bank deposit stops.

Because I’m doing this for one specific purpose I have only one card to do this with, my Chase Presidential Plus, which also means starting slow and ramping up slowly to avoid a total shutdown of my Chase relationship.

So it looks like the Sutton cards bought in person at the mall and liquidated at various Ralph’s is my best option.
The only recommendation I have for this plan is to ask yourself if you can live without Chase banking products.

I have no notion of your financial status, but I fear that no amount of "ramping up" will avoid the Rats reviewing your financial status and shutting you down with a spend level of $240K a year, unless you are an oligarch
cuthroat and Lovelabs2 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Chasepoints
Options:
$500 SS and Vanilla at grocery store $5.95
Do the more recent non-SS work (gold) as long as they are Meta + IC?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sean54
I have used many different Vanilla varieties from Sutton Bank/InComm with no problem. Buy them at CVS but Safeway chain also sells them now. The black SS cards are from MetaBank but also work anywhere for MO…in my experience.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:45 pm

All Vanilla varieties from Sutton Bank/InComm work for MO at Wally n grocery stores for full $500 value. I buy them at CVS but Safeway chain now sells them but at higher fee. The black SS Vanillas are from MB/InComm and also work flawlessly.

Years ago the Vaniilas were issued by Bancorp/InComm n those cards were eventually banned for more than a $50 swipe at Walmart for some never revealed reason.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Lovelabs2
Years ago the Vaniilas were issued by Bancorp/InComm n those cards were eventually banned for more than a $50 swipe at Walmart for some never revealed reason.
Someone mentioned that the MB / IC started working again (non-SS). I can't find the post now, but was wondering if anybody else had experience. This is not about Sutton.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 2:06 pm

Someone mentioned that the MB / IC started working again (non-SS). I can't find the post now, but was wondering if anybody else had experience. This is not about Sutton.
Per an earlier DP…MetaBank has changed name to Pathward.

If the Vanilla SS Pathward cards from InComm work then why wouldn’t any other Vanilla from Pathward work? I’ve only bought the SS cards from Pathward n have never seen any other regular Vanilla card from Pathward at CVS. I know Safeway chain sells InComm Vanillas now so maybe their stock also has Pathward Vanillas not just Sutton Bank.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 4:07 pm

Per an earlier DP…MetaBank has changed name to Pathward.

If the Vanilla SS Pathward cards from InComm work then why wouldn’t any other Vanilla from Pathward work? I’ve only bought the SS cards from Pathward n have never seen any other regular Vanilla card from Pathward at CVS. I know Safeway chain sells InComm Vanillas now so maybe their stock also has Pathward Vanillas not just Sutton Bank.
really, so issued by pathward that is metabank? all is serviced by incomm?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Chasepoints
Options:
$500 Sutton at Simon $3.95
$500 Green Dot at WMT $4.94
$500 SS MetaBank and Vanilla at WG/CVS $5.95
$500 SS and Vanilla at grocery store $5.95
Sutton is the cheapest but your strategy depends on your specific CCs and local opportunities.
My cards:
Freedom Flex 3x WG/CVS
Paypal QR code 3x CVS
Paceline 5x grocery and 3x everything else
USAlliance 3x everything til end of 2022
At Simon, I tend to use 2x cards.
In the past, I have used Discover It Miles for 3x for first year at Simon and everything else.
might want to be careful for paceline. i was shutdown buying 2x $500 everyday
cuthroat likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
really, so issued by pathward that is metabank? all is serviced by incomm?
Yes….MetaBank is now Pathward Bank per an earlier poster and InComm is the servicer for CVS Vanillas…n probably Walgreen Vanillas also…as well as Safeway Vanillas. Read back of cards to see if MetaBank now reads Pathward as issuer to confirm. Cards serviced by InComm have ditched BanCorp as issuing bank n replaced with Pathward n Sutton.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jumbotron_
I think the frequency was the problem? Maybe buying differing amounts across a few different stores more erratically and adding some candy here and there too randomize the totals would be better?
jumbotron_ likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:22 pm

I think the frequency was the problem? Maybe buying differing amounts across a few different stores more erratically and adding some candy here and there too randomize the totals would be better?
yes it's possible, I was buying only GCs from safeway everyday and CL was only about 7k so was a pretty bad idea on my part. Got way too greedy
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:16 pm

If the Vanilla SS Pathward cards from InComm work then why wouldn’t any other Vanilla from Pathward work?
That's my point.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by jumbotron_
Yes, I do want to be careful with Paceline. In fact, I have not done any MS yet but would like to soon. I may do $500+ times 3 days a week and then mix in other spend as well. Hopefully, that will keep me under the radar.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Read back of cards to see if MetaBank now reads Pathward as issuer to confirm.
I've put in several Simon Volume orders where Pathward is listed on the Simon website, and the back of the cards I receive say MetaBank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.