Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by ricohitman
You better not burn my state!
Haha, probably just the Raleigh area. I’ll leave the rest for you!
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by TucsonJohn
Haha, probably just the Raleigh area. I’ll leave the rest for you!
Lol nah bro don't burn up Raleigh either, we already lost all our Kroggys.
TucsonJohn likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by Lovelabs2
InComm
For simon online orders? All of the cards that say Pathward (Metabank) are BHN issued. I have sparkle, diamond, and holiday package ordered over the last few weeks. No incoms.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:28 am

I'm aware Amex does not give rewards points or cash back for Simon spending, but will Amex spending at Simon trigger yearly spend requirements for free nights, statuses, and the like? This is the first year in sometime that I won't be traveling enough to keep my Diamond status with Hilton via stays and am weighing the option of just MSing what I have left for the yearly spend requirement to get Hilton Diamond via the Amex Hilton card spend benefit.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Prometheus77
I'm aware Amex does not give rewards points or cash back for Simon spending, but will Amex spending at Simon trigger yearly spend requirements for free nights, statuses, and the like? This is the first year in sometime that I won't be traveling enough to keep my Diamond status with Hilton via stays and am weighing the option of just MSing what I have left for the yearly spend requirement to get Hilton Diamond via the Amex Hilton card spend benefit.
I would definitely NOT do that. Even if it works, you'd be better off getting the Aspire and its benefits/credits/cert.

That $40k spent on a Chase card could get you 60k UR points, and a LOT more if you use it to meet SUBs on Inks or Freedoms.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:29 am

Anyone else having activation problems with Simon online purchases today?

I received an order and entered a card number to activate but got an error saying the card was not part of the order.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
I would definitely NOT do that. Even if it works, you'd be better off getting the Aspire and its benefits/credits/cert.

That $40k spent on a Chase card could get you 60k UR points, and a LOT more if you use it to meet SUBs on Inks or Freedoms.
It wouldn't be $40K of spend as I already have $29K spent on it for this year due to some home remodeling projects so I don't think MSing the $11K via Simon is a bad idea if the spend will qualify for the $40K/yr benefit. I'm not worried about it putting any Amex eyes on my accounts. I went through a FR with them back in 2019 when I was MSing very heavy across multiple Amex cards and while they brought up the heavy spend they didn't give me a hard time over it.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Anyone else having activation problems with Simon online purchases today?

I received an order and entered a card number to activate but got an error saying the card was not part of the order.
It's back up now apparently.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
It wouldn't be $40K of spend as I already have $29K spent on it for this year due to some home remodeling projects so I don't think MSing the $11K via Simon is a bad idea if the spend will qualify for the $40K/yr benefit. I'm not worried about it putting any Amex eyes on my accounts. I went through a FR with them back in 2019 when I was MSing very heavy across multiple Amex cards and while they brought up the heavy spend they didn't give me a hard time over it.
AMEX tells you the progress towards the $40K on your monthly statement. Make a charge or two at Simon and check the statement. Then let us all know.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
AMEX tells you the progress towards the $40K on your monthly statement. Make a charge or two at Simon and check the statement. Then let us all know.
It would be most helpful (to me ) if Amex has changed their ways so the DP would be interesting.
When one reads the bill, they will have to do the math to remove all the ineligible spends from the eligible ones. This was what fooled me at first. Amex was awarding me the points for the eligilbe ones so until I actually calculated what I was given versus what I should have received, I had no idea that all my Simon spend was going for naught.

Now actually awaiting some updated DPs
Old Oct 18, 2022, 6:37 am

New Simon Malls Cash Back Card Offers Up To 5% Back

Lots to work out here. Yes it's an AMEX but it's issued by Cardless not AMEX itself. And unclear if Simon GCs would could as 5% or 3%. Or 0% for that matter.

https://viewfromthewing.com/new-simo...-up-to-5-back/
littlewinglet likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:42 am

New Simon Malls Cash Back Card Offers Up To 5% Back

Lots to work out here. Yes it's an AMEX but it's issued by Cardless not AMEX itself. And unclear if Simon GCs would could as 5% or 3%. Or 0% for that matter.
https://viewfromthewing.com/new-simo...-up-to-5-back/

Per the VFTW article, “ and 3% even on online purchases can be interesting, though spend for gift cards is ineligible.” If that turns out to be true, then I don’t see a reason to get it for me.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by TucsonJohn
Per the VFTW article, “ and 3% even on online purchases can be interesting, though spend for gift cards is ineligible.” If that turns out to be true, then I don’t see a reason to get it for me.
nah, i stick with cap1 cc for 2% where pts to be xfered to partner(s) if needed
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, SWA, United, British Air, Jet Blue, Alaska
MO game over?

Today my financial institution advised me that as of 10/1/2022 Money Orders will no longer be accepted for deposit. I expressed my shock/dismay and they reported that the decision was industry wide, not just them.
Needless to say, I was rather stunned. Gift card liquidation by any means which would also accept a credit card is insanity. Just use the credit card and don't pay the fees for a 'gift card'. But that would be known as organic spend, not MS.
At the risk of burning the last remaining bridge, could someone PM me if there is an alternative liquidation (other than (very) limited IRS tax payments). Obviously, I can challenge his statement that 'everybody is doing it' by calling other financial institutions, but he seemed pretty certain.
I'm not naming my financial institution here. Since we are well into October, I thought I would come to flyertalk and find similar grousing, but I found no post along these lines.
Thx all.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by rmunson1
Today my financial institution advised me that as of 10/1/2022 Money Orders will no longer be accepted for deposit. I expressed my shock/dismay and they reported that the decision was industry wide, not just them.
Needless to say, I was rather stunned. Gift card liquidation by any means which would also accept a credit card is insanity. Just use the credit card and don't pay the fees for a 'gift card'. But that would be known as organic spend, not MS.
At the risk of burning the last remaining bridge, could someone PM me if there is an alternative liquidation (other than (very) limited IRS tax payments). Obviously, I can challenge his statement that 'everybody is doing it' by calling other financial institutions, but he seemed pretty certain.
I'm not naming my financial institution here. Since we are well into October, I thought I would come to flyertalk and find similar grousing, but I found no post along these lines.
Thx all.
I think someone at your institution is just full of sh!t. Can you imagine if every bank and CU in the nation stopped taking MOs? What would be the point of even having them around.
GK8 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.