Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danpeake
If someone knew the answer and was willing to share it, they would have done so. Meta clearly doesn't like their cards being used for MOs and has taken these steps at a number of stores so you can probably assume the limit is indefinite. Best way to know is to take the chance and let us know.
I agree. I have never heard of the visa gc by Sutton being mentioned above being available at Simon. If I am passing by Simon Mall location, I will drop by to buy 1 for testing out. pretty sure the Meta is still a no go but might try 1 more time if times have changed.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:34 pm

As far as I know, for a few years, USPS has not accepted gift cards as a form of payment.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by deker0
I haven't done Simon in years. Are you saying you had the choice at Simon mall to pick the issuer of the VGC - Meta or Sutton?
Originally Posted by st0ne
Yes
Were the Sutton VGCs available in $1000 denominations?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Asking the real questions!
The right question would have been "Are Sutton cards marketed by Black Hawk Network?" That's who is doing all the blocking of transactions, not the servicing bank who handles the transactions.
msp3 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:20 am

48% off all fees through 8/2/2022 with code JUL22AUG48
TTT103 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by ketelone
I agree. I have never heard of the visa gc by Sutton being mentioned above being available at Simon. If I am passing by Simon Mall location, I will drop by to buy 1 for testing out. pretty sure the Meta is still a no go but might try 1 more time if times have changed.
I haven't verified in person, but Simon is now advertising gift cards from Sutton Bank. You can check your local mall for this promotion before dropping by if you want to test it out: https://www.simon.com/mall/square-on...-style-6204714
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by lmagnott
I haven't verified in person, but Simon is now advertising gift cards from Sutton Bank. You can check your local mall for this promotion before dropping by if you want to test it out: https://www.simon.com/mall/square-on...-style-6204714
Just called my mall but haven't gone in person yet: These cards are available but they're limited to $500 each (they're not for "gamers"). There was also a "back to school promotion" for $3 off the $500 cards but I wasn't clear if those were Metas or Suttons.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:00 pm

Just called my mall but haven't gone in person yet: These cards are available but they're limited to $500 each (they're not for "gamers"). There was also a "back to school promotion" for $3 off the $500 cards but I wasn't clear if those were Metas or Suttons.
Does Square One have a folder labeled "gamers" too? lol I remember Emerald Square in Attleboro had one back when they were a Simon that had all the volume buyers paperwork in it. Always got a good chuckle out of it.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by lmagnott
Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Does Square One have a folder labeled "gamers" too? lol I remember Emerald Square in Attleboro had one back when they were a Simon that had all the volume buyers paperwork in it. Always got a good chuckle out of it.
I don't know what Square One is.

Gamers is the term Simon uses to refer to MS-ers.

For the $3 off cards, it's the "Style" cards issued by Meta so if that's an option those can be had up to $500 for 95c fee. It's $2 off (ie $1.95 fee for $500 card) issued by Sutton - those are "Style" cards but have a Plaid design and say issued by Sutton Bank on the back. None of the $1k cards are discounted.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:58 pm

I don't know what Square One is.

Gamers is the term Simon uses to refer to MS-ers.

For the $3 off cards, it's the "Style" cards issued by Meta so if that's an option those can be had up to $500 for 95c fee. It's $2 off (ie $1.95 fee for $500 card) issued by Sutton - those are "Style" cards but have a Plaid design and say issued by Sutton Bank on the back. None of the $1k cards are discounted.
Does the back of Sutton cards say Black Hawk Network anywhere?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Does the back of Sutton cards say Black Hawk Network anywhere?
Apparently not. I haven't visually seen the back of the 'Plaids', but they're listed as InComm:

|| Visa
® Simon Giftcards® are issued by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Cards may be used in the U.S. and District of Columbia everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Terms and conditions apply. See Cardholder Agreement for details. Cards are distributed and serviced by InComm Financial Services, Inc., which is licensed as a Money Transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services. NLMS ID# 912772. ||

https://www.simon.com/volume/giftcard/ruby-plaid-861

808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Whittaker
Apparently not. I haven't visually seen the back of the 'Plaids', but they're listed as InComm:

|| Visa
® Simon Giftcards® are issued by Sutton Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Cards may be used in the U.S. and District of Columbia everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Terms and conditions apply. See Cardholder Agreement for details. Cards are distributed and serviced by InComm Financial Services, Inc., which is licensed as a Money Transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services. NLMS ID# 912772. ||

https://www.simon.com/volume/giftcard/ruby-plaid-861

INteresting. If they're not BHN, they may work at WM for full swipe. I'll have to check these out later.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
INteresting. If they're not BHN, they may work at WM for full swipe. I'll have to check these out later.
Agreed. These would great for my BIL, who has been buggin' me for the cheapest way to do 3K-4K at a pop.
littlewinglet likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:20 pm

50% off all fees from August 17-20, 2022 when ordering Visa and Mastercard Simon gift cards online.

Use promo code AUG22FLASH50 when ordering at simon.com/volume.

~

BTW, are these promo codes only for the volume side, or will they work on the consumer side as well, or does the consumer side have its own promo codes? My BIL lives too far away from any Simon Malls to do the initial in-person volume purchase.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Whittaker
~

BTW, are these promo codes only for the volume side, or will they work on the consumer side as well, or does the consumer side have its own promo codes? My BIL lives too far away from any Simon Malls to do the initial in-person volume purchase.
I don't believe that the discount codes work for in mall purchases since there is no shipping and handling fees associated with a mall purchase no matter how big the purchase.

However, if I am incorrect on this assumption, please let us know. TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.