Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:38 pm

Went to my go to a WM this morning, loaded a 500 sunrise VGC to BB with 1 swipe. Cashier load, wanted to try the MC but the line was way to long. gC was from Meijer. Cashiers might be the sweet spot now? Will post when I get a chance to go to the MC.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Taxiback
Went to my go to a WM this morning, loaded a 500 sunrise VGC to BB with 1 swipe. Cashier load, wanted to try the MC but the line was way to long. gC was from Meijer. Cashiers might be the sweet spot now? Will post when I get a chance to go to the MC.
Can add a do for this also. Loaded a $500 Meta Card at Cashier on BB. Was with the older ingenico pad also.

Makes me want to load up on Simon Gift Cards but I'm still a little sketched out.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Liteweight13
Can add a do for this also. Loaded a $500 Meta Card at Cashier on BB. Was with the older ingenico pad also.

Makes me want to load up on Simon Gift Cards but I'm still a little sketched out.
how do you know it was an ingenico pad?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Taxiback
how do you know it was an ingenico pad?
It has the name written on it?
Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: IHG, Hilton diamond (IHG match) SPG gold
DP today

I had 4 1Ks left - used two at Albertsons and used two at Kroger all first swipe

bunch of staples - first neighborhood, same as I visited yesterday - all first swipe - got a 799.12

went to my friendliest neighborhood - card one 1st failed, 2nd good - card 2 and 3 first swipe - card 4 same as as card 1 - Got a 799.12
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by 808pineapple
DP today

I had 4 1Ks left - used two at Albertsons and used two at Kroger all first swipe

bunch of staples - first neighborhood, same as I visited yesterday - all first swipe - got a 799.12

went to my friendliest neighborhood - card one 1st failed, 2nd good - card 2 and 3 first swipe - card 4 same as as card 1 - Got a 799.12
Did you use Simon 1k GC at Kroger or were they staples GC? I have not been able to swipe for any more than $99 with Simon GC over the last couple days at either Kroger or Walmart
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by rlrbmw
Interesting DP from today's visit to WM. I decided to get a 1k MO (so an ID scan) instead of the $999.12 (no scan) I've been getting lately. Prior to the change, I was getting $30-40k/month in MO's from WM, but never more the $2k/day per store, never shutdown. Today, after ID scan, 1st swipe for $400 went through, next one for $400 didn't, "unable to process debit", tried again and then tried $300, no joy. Used a different Simon card for $300 & it went through, then nothing else would. Ended up cancelling the transaction and she let me try again, this time I had her do it for $999.12, no ID scan & used the Simon card I tried 1st on the 1st transaction. 3 swipes, $400, $400 & $200, no problem at all. Seems like maybe WM or MoneyGram has me blocked from using same Simon card for multiple swipes, but not if it doesn't know it's me? I might try a $1k MO again and use a different card for each swipe to see if that works.
has this continued to work for you? I have not been able to swipe for more than $99 at WM the last 2 days
Old Nov 13, 2020, 11:18 am

Received an email this morning from my local Simon rep about something unrelated to this issue, and asked her about this. Here was her response...

"​​​​​​Good Morning!

Thanks for reaching out, I have been made aware of this at the local level by a few customers and have passed it on to my corporate team. They are looking into it at the national level with Walmart. Last I heard it was a POS programming update that was causing the issue but they are still looking into it so hopefully I will have some more news soon.
Thanks,"
Old Nov 13, 2020, 11:25 am

Also asked if Simon has ever entertained the ability of being able to issue WU or MG money orders in the office themselves, possibly with having some kind of limit put in place to help cut back on massive abuse (say, limit of $5k-$10k per week). Here was her response to that...

​​​​​​"Yes, I know they have definitely discussed that corporately many times but as of now, I have not heard any news of it being implemented.

Hopefully I’ll have more news soon!"

If the Walmart issue (and possibly Kroger issue) becomes permanent, perhaps corporate will explore more possibilities. Simon makes money in all this, otherwise they'd never cater to it. A massive loss in customers buying GC hurts them too.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by History05
Also asked if Simon has ever entertained the ability of being able to issue WU or MG money orders in the office themselves, possibly with having some kind of limit put in place to help cut back on massive abuse (say, limit of $5k-$10k per week). Here was her response to that...

​​​​​​"Yes, I know they have definitely discussed that corporately many times but as of now, I have not heard any news of it being implemented.

Hopefully I’ll have more news soon!"

If the Walmart issue (and possibly Kroger issue) becomes permanent, perhaps corporate will explore more possibilities. Simon makes money in all this, otherwise they'd never cater to it. A massive loss in customers buying GC hurts them too.
Of course Simon is making money, but somebody's gotta be losing money on this. Most likely the issuer/rewards company. AMEX and Alliant have already stop giving out rewards for Simon purchases. If they make it that easy, I bet more company is going to follow suit.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:50 pm

The other reality with all of this is that if a person wishes to use a Simon or Meta card to purchase a television or other large ticket item at WM, they run the risk of the transaction being denied.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
The other reality with all of this is that if a person wishes to use a Simon or Meta card to purchase a television or other large ticket item at WM, they run the risk of the transaction being denied.
It will always go thru as credit.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by benny08
It will always go thru as credit.
Interesting! I had no idea they were processed differently.

Would it work to hit "change Payment' at the money center to "credit" or is the system coded to not permit a change from debit to credit? I know you can't purchase a MO outright with a credit card, but wasn't sure if you could make the change after you first swipe the debit card, as you do with MC's.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:27 pm

MO cannot be purchased with credit. Must process as Debit only.
TTT103 and cuthroat like this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:50 pm

Interesting! I had no idea they were processed differently.

Would it work to hit "change Payment' at the money center to "credit" or is the system coded to not permit a change from debit to credit? I know you can't purchase a MO outright with a credit card, but wasn't sure if you could make the change after you first swipe the debit card, as you do with MC's.
No, I'm just telling you can run it as credit if you want to buy big ticket items with it.
TTT103 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.