Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by sharkey
I was at my local Simon Mall today. Still no gift cards. The manager doesn't know when they will have them available. She was not expecting to have gift cards soon.
The local mall manager said that there will be no local card sales for the forseeable future.

The sign that is posted said that SMGC purchases can be done on-line.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 7:54 am

FWIW -- Cards ordered from corporate are sequentially numbered on back on card, i.e., if I order 24 cards, cards will be numbered 0001 to 0024. Initial balance ($1k) and Simon batch number also printed on reverse. I find all of this helpful.
beachmiles and danpeake like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by History05
Out of curiosity, has anyone had an issue from the CC companies about large volumes from Simon? I do about $4k/month in Simon VGC's on my Chase card. CC limit of about $21k, and I've been doing it about 6 months. I'd like to up it closer to $10k, but just wondering if anyone's ever had issues. I know YMMV, but just curious.
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
With Barclay I was doing 9K per day, back when I could dump that much in WM MOs, that lasted for 1.5 years. Citi was more modest, under CL but consistent every month for 4 years. CapOne maybe 2-3x limit some months, 4-5x others. This also lasted for 4+ years.

I'm sure very low modest MS will last much longer. The issue is, no one can ever guaranty that some CC bank won't suddenly shut you down even though it worked ok for 2-3 years prior.
with that level of volume, nobody should be surprised. but i dont even know how you lasted that long. what was your monthly on citi that kept you alive for 4 years? they are pretty quick usually. people get calls ASAP on DC or ATT.

Originally Posted by xobile
Out of curiosity, if you don't mind saying, how were you doing 9k a day? I wasn't doing anything like this then so have no idea how it worked before. Tbh doing more than 1k a day is an issue for me, and WM is a stickler for the name on the card (I haven't tried more than 2k at Walmart at a time as a resul ).
there are plenty high volume heavy hitters who play this game doing 250k-500k/mo in MS. various secret methods are used, but a large bulk always includes MO and places like WM. there are unicorn methods and locations where you cut the time wasted and can cycle quickly.

Originally Posted by wetsand
20 $1000 cards including shipping and fees - $20,073.20. Standard shipping - 7 days from order to delivery.
ps Have cycled all but three cards - no problems yet.
how long and often have you been cycling? which banks? thats always the first step towards a shutdown. im sure you know the risks.

Originally Posted by TTT103
I just wish I knew which credit card to use that won’t get me shut down. I have no issues purchasing gift cards at the mall, but I’m not having much luck online.
are you being serious? there is no such card with high volume. with small volume, all cards are OK except for stupid banks like USB, FBNO, Comenity. and what do you mean by no luck online? like you cant get approved for an account? or your CC gets declined?

Originally Posted by radonc1
While the malls themselves are open, none of ones I use are selling gift cards at the moment and when speaking to a manager, none have any dates in the future when they will restart.
Let us know how it is in the wild west
The local mall manager said that there will be no local card sales for the forseeable future.
The sign that is posted said that SMGC purchases can be done on-line.
Originally Posted by sharkey
I was at my local Simon Mall today. Still no gift cards. The manager doesn't know when they will have them available. She was not expecting to have gift cards soon.
which location?

Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
Purchased a few $1,000 giftcards March 3rd and March 14th. I never used 2 of them. Today I realized they both were drained for 90% of the funds. They never left my possession. Unfortunately, I think I threw away one of the receipts away. Luckily I have a receipt for one of the $1,000 gc. I'm guessing I'm out of luck for the other one and don't expect to get reimburse.
Originally Posted by coltonatx
I tried to check the balance of a simon gc bought online. The card was blocked so I called the number in the back.

Their customer service said the was drained in 2 transactions via Mercari, which I’ve never used.

they’ve sent documentation to file a claim, but I haven’t been able to find documentation in regards to how this process works or how successful people are at getting their money back.
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
I was checking balance on some old cards from October 2019 (some still had small amounts on them) and all of them showed "blocked call CSR" message. Called Simon and was told that large batch of cards was stolen and they automatically closed that batch and need to issue replacements. How you like that?
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Just as I predicted, someone was working a bot against their "check balance page". I guess indian developers could do sh**t about it and decided to go the easy way. Now, if you submit more than 5 request in a certain time frame, server gives 429 error:
"A 429 error occurs when you have sent too many requests in a given time frame. Some servers have security in place to stop when request numbers go over a certain limit in a certain amount of time"
as if bad guys can't rotate proxies and browsing agents.. No wonder they got hacked.
this is very concerning. looks like simon has been compromised both online and in-store. either its an inside job, successful DB hack, or they have access to straight brute force algo accurately recreating card detail via mathematical formula. surprised this has not been more widely reported in our community.

this is a regular occurrence for grocery store GC and MC at office stores, but simon is rare. i always liquidate same day, but now its even more critical to do so.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jun 5, 2020 at 5:06 pm
Old Jun 5, 2020, 5:23 pm

@History05 I did just over $1m on Discover in 9 months via Simon. I did a few 5% promos as well but most at Simon and no regular spending. Of corse I could liquidate up to $50k at once.. I also cycled the card 2-3 times per month and increased the CL by 1500-2000% using aggressive tactics.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
@History05 I did just over $1m on Discover in 9 months via Simon. I did a few 5% promos as well but most at Simon and no regular spending. Of corse I could liquidate up to $50k at once.. I also cycled the card 2-3 times per month and increased the CL by 1500-2000% using aggressive tactics.
how quickly did discover shut you down from open to ramp up to final close? what was the pirate booty you had pillaged from that? im assuming your strategy was very short term focused cuz you had a goal in mind?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
how quickly did discover shut you down from open to ramp up to final close? what was the pirate booty you had pillaged from that? im assuming your strategy was very short term focused cuz you had a goal in mind?
You have much to learn, grasshopper.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:23 am

interesting. so you either closed that account proactively ASAP or you somehow survived and discover left you alone. that would be surprising, but you wouldnt be the first. good for you. sounds like you have the routes and infrastructure set in place for that level of volume. maybe a few unicorns at play too.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jun 7, 2020 at 12:37 am
Old Jun 7, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I don't think that the questions that @GundamWing01 asked were particularly intrusive or revealing of your particular MSing style.

Specifically, he wished to know
1. Did Discover shut you down
2. If they did, how long were you able to run your activity before you were terminated, or OTOH, are you still running the operation (and again for how long)

Answering there questions allows those who either are new or inexperienced to learn that either there are ways to run a large MSing operation or conversely, that there are pitfalls to such things.

If people know that they can be successful at something, they may put the effort into finding out how to do it. Not everyone is looking for a handout

Just my opinion
GundamWing01 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:30 am

I don't think that the questions that @GundamWing01 asked were particularly intrusive or revealing of your particular MSing style.

2. If they did, how long were you able to run your activity before you were terminated, or OTOH, are you still running the operation (and again for how long)

Answering there questions allows those who either are new or inexperienced to learn that either there are ways to run a large MSing operation or conversely, that there are pitfalls to such things.

If people know that they can be successful at something, they may put the effort into finding out how to do it. Not everyone is looking for a handout

Just my opinion
I did not get shut down. I know several others who did not. But I also know one who poster who did...or at least claimed he did in private msg. That may or may not be a true report though. Even the notorious deal abuser Miles Per Day blog seems to be on his multiple Disc. cards.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 11:16 am

Just my opinion
card still open.. never said anything about being shut down. 😂
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 3:30 am

Just my opinion
nice. at least somebody understood what i was asking. appreciate it.

I did not get shut down. I know several others who did not. But I also know one who poster who did...or at least claimed he did in private msg. That may or may not be a true report though. Even the notorious deal abuser Miles Per Day blog seems to be on his multiple Disc. cards.
Originally Posted by Chelski
card still open.. never said anything about being shut down. 😂
good to see discover is leaving you alone despite massive volume. sounds like all the rumors were true. high volume and churning is allowed. even MPD hasnt been shutdown yet and he has already churned multiple. low CL is the only problem.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:37 am

PSA for anyone who hasn't noticed this yet:

When you click on your Simon bulk orders, there's now a black button View Cards at the top. It shows summary of every card in the order (with xxx for middle digits).

You can click Balance next to each Card # to see the balance left. Very handy way to double check that you drained every card in the order before tossing them.
coolguy100, chalucky and cuthroat like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:43 am

the FREEGROUND code has expired early
Old Jun 11, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler
the FREEGROUND code has expired early
Sheesh. That was originally supposed to go through the end of the year.

There is a maximum use of that code though; I believe it can only be used five times. Did you use it that many times already perhaps?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:57 am

Please help an old dude who has lost track of the bidding -- What codes are working for free/discounted shipping and/or purchase fee? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.