Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat
Said it before & I will say it again: Simon Rocks.
I just wish I knew which credit card to use that won’t get me shut down. I have no issues purchasing gift cards at the mall, but I’m not having much luck online.
Old May 20, 2020, 9:01 pm

Simons Mall GC Drained vía Mecari. Has anyone filed disputes with Blackhawk?

I tried to check the balance of a simon gc bought online. The card was blocked so I called the number in the back.

Their customer service said the was drained in 2 transactions via Mercari, which I’ve never used.

they’ve sent documentation to file a claim, but I haven’t been able to find documentation in regards to how this process works or how successful people are at getting their money back.

Thank you
Old May 21, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by coltonatx
I tried to check the balance of a simon gc bought online. The card was blocked so I called the number in the back.

Their customer service said the was drained in 2 transactions via Mercari, which I’ve never used.

they’ve sent documentation to file a claim, but I haven’t been able to find documentation in regards to how this process works or how successful people are at getting their money back.

Thank you
This is the first time I have heard of fraud involving SGCs.

Your card was bought on-line, but you give no further details. Was the card drained prior to your receiving it in the mail or after? How long were you in possession of the card prior to the fraud occurring, days or weeks? How much was on the card?

Simon is pretty good at customer service so I expect that Simon, after receiving your documentation, will resolve your problem within several weeks. Please let us know how this turns out since it is a first as far as I can tell.
danpeake likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
This is the first time I have heard of fraud involving SGCs.

Your card was bought on-line, but you give no further details. Was the card drained prior to your receiving it in the mail or after? How long were you in possession of the card prior to the fraud occurring, days or weeks? How much was on the card?

Simon is pretty good at customer service so I expect that Simon, after receiving your documentation, will resolve your problem within several weeks. Please let us know how this turns out since it is a first as far as I can tell.
Yes, please keep us updated.

I'd have to imagine it must have been drained after being received since Simon cards have to be activated online first.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
Yes, please keep us updated.

I'd have to imagine it must have been drained after being received since Simon cards have to be activated online first.
this was an online bulk order ($1000 denominations)

I activated all gift cards and used all immediately but one.

I was quarantined at home for 2 weeks and then checked balance to try to use.

gift card was always in my possession and never used or swiped.

it was drained 7 days ago via Mecari in 2 transactions.

I called the number in the back of the card. I was transferred to Blawhwak who created a dispute case and made me send them a bunch of documents.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:27 am

I called the number in the back of the card. I was transferred to Blawhwak who created a dispute case and made me send them a bunch of documents.
Sounds like you'll just have to wait. I've read similar issues on cards purchased at grocery stores (I think those are issued by Blackhawk too?). It seems there's a pretty long wait (30+ days?) but you'll get your money if history is any guide. GL!
Old May 21, 2020, 9:08 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by danpeake
Sounds like you'll just have to wait. I've read similar issues on cards purchased at grocery stores (I think those are issued by Blackhawk too?). It seems there's a pretty long wait (30+ days?) but you'll get your money if history is any guide. GL!
If the $1,000 is drained, spent at a fishy online site, then it seems it is extremely hard to recover for the GC merchant. So either Mercari or Simon would have to eat the loss. They all will fight for this. Just not sure if the GC buyer would be 100% safe.

There is always some risk with buying the GCs.
Old May 21, 2020, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
If the $1,000 is drained, spent at a fishy online site, then it seems it is extremely hard to recover for the GC merchant. So either Mercari or Simon would have to eat the loss. They all will fight for this. Just not sure if the GC buyer would be 100% safe.

There is always some risk with buying the GCs.
Do you think it makes sense to contact the Simon Corporate Gift Card department that handles these bulk orders?
You'd think they may be interested to find out their GCs may be compromised.
Old May 21, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Do you think it makes sense to contact the Simon Corporate Gift Card department that handles these bulk orders?
You'd think they may be interested to find out their GCs may be compromised.
Agreed
However, it is the Bank (BlackHawk) that will have to resolve the issue, not Simon.

There will be records of the card use. I too expect that you should get your money back.
Old May 21, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by radonc1
Agreed
However, it is the Bank (BlackHawk) that will have to resolve the issue, not Simon.

There will be records of the card use. I too expect that you should get your money back.
Since Simon's handling of cards is pretty secure unlike a grocery store, they should be notified as well. This is likely an inside job where someone on the card production line or packaging department, sent the info to the scammers.
Old May 22, 2020, 8:37 am

You could register and change your pIN

Last edited by wanalaugh74; May 22, 2020 at 9:19 am
Old May 22, 2020, 11:25 pm

if can't quickly liquidate the card(s) on the same day or next, i always took time to register them online; since then, haven't had to deal with fraud although knock on wood...
Old May 24, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Too many to list

Thank you
Yep, they had a huge leak and blocked a bunch of cards from that batch. Blacks Hawk will fight for every penny and ask you produce copy of credit card statement with purchase (!!!!), receipt, pictures of cards. And will try to deny your claim. They have clueless phone reps from Manila who have zero authority or upper management contacts.
I have about 20 cards blocked at this point.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: Too many to list
Simon "check card balance" down for anyone?
Old May 24, 2020, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Simon "check card balance" down for anyone?
Yes; I get a page not found error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.