Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:47 pm

Ontario Mills. Brea Mall still has them for sure (as well as Outlets of Orange and I think Cabazon).
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sboggsisu
Ontario Mills. Brea Mall still has them for sure (as well as Outlets of Orange and I think Cabazon).

thx Orange has usually been a pleasure to deal with, Ontario was good then became a hassle but I still went there when staying in that area. Yep Brea mall or Orange Outlets it will have to be

fwiw, Carlsbad will run a dummy charge so after they load the cards and you swipe your CC it better be with a CC that wont Decline it since it will see it as 2 charges, had to drive down to SD
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:08 pm

Yes, Orange is really great. They put me on their list w/out me even asking and I'd only purchased there 3-4 times. Brea seems to be good also. Ontario was frequently out - but they are closest to me at 20 minutes so it was convenient. I'll drive the extra 25 minutes for Brea or Orange though. Not the worst thing in the world. Carlsbad is over an hour away - I'd have to be hard up to go there, so no worries.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:02 pm

I heard Carlsbad ran out of cards.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Chelski
hope u don’t plan to buy $1k cards for long coz they will be sold out fast
Ding, ding, ding! You are correct!

As of Sunday afternoon (15 March), Pentagon City had only 35 cards left.
Clerk said she heard they'll be out until at least mid-April.
Chelski likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sboggsisu
Terrible news. I can reach Ontario Mills in 20-25 minutes. With the traffic in Southern California, I'm just not sure it's worth it for me to drive elsewhere.

Anyway, for the time being, MS is taking the backseat. I'll probably be taking a break because of the Coronavirus. It's not worth risking my health for a few reward points.
deker0 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: none
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Terrible news. I can reach Ontario Mills in 20-25 minutes. With the traffic in Southern California, I'm just not sure it's worth it for me to drive elsewhere.

Anyway, for the time being, MS is taking the backseat. I'll probably be taking a break because of the Coronavirus. It's not worth risking my health for a few reward points.
Me too, I told the mall clerk that I may not see her within next 3 to 5 weeks, so no 1k card now is fine.
deker0 and 808traveler like this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus

less traffic more points
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by craz
In general, I found its best to stay away from any low income area, since its a better chance they get hit harder with fraud, plus sticking out is a tell tale that your not a local. This applys to Wallys as well
My go-to and extremely MS-friendly WM is not in what I'd call a low-income area, but it is the closest WM to a city which, if you look at its Wikipedia page, is noted for having the highest poverty rate of any city in the country. And from what I can tell, it is the favored WM of residents of that area.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by redtop43
My go-to and extremely MS-friendly WM is not in what I'd call a low-income area, but it is the closest WM to a city which, if you look at its Wikipedia page, is noted for having the highest poverty rate of any city in the country. And from what I can tell, it is the favored WM of residents of that area.
Guess its a YMMV issue. I was suppose to fly out of state on Sun and CXed it and didnt want to be left holding onto a large amount of SMGCs. So I decided to do my local route. Got to say I cant ever remember being able to get in & out so fast Midway thru the route I hit 2 locations where they had a sign posted "No MOs o/o/o". Which meant I would either have to drive alot out of my way or hit 2 locations in bad neighbors, got the "please show me the card you will be using" thats after having already made 9 successful stops, didnt bother with the 2nd location and accepted either drive way out of way or leave it for another day, I drove out of way after finishing off the rest of the route, not wanting to chance any restrictions being put in place that might hinder me from unloading them all

Now its vacation time for me at least until Corona passes, will limit myself to 500s at the supermkt when I earn gas pts
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:19 pm

! !

Simon Mall to close all properties from 7pm tonight to March 29th

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...m=BoardingArea
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:41 pm

Does anyone know if the Simon mall in Brea, CA is open today? Was going to see if I can make 1 last run before the shutdown.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Does anyone know if the Simon mall in Brea, CA is open today? Was going to see if I can make 1 last run before the shutdown.

why didnt you simply go to simon.com look up Brea and get the tel # and call them, which is exactly what Ive been doing ever since the posts where folks said they went and they were soldout of the 1Ks, and youd be killing 2 birds with 1 stone, 1- are they open and until what time & 2- do they have any 1Ks left, they can be open and soldout of their last cards say 15 mins ago , and a person that may respond they are open till 7pm wont know that they are soldout of the cards
Huzordaddy likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by craz
why didnt you simply go to simon.com look up Brea and get the tel # and call them, which is exactly what Ive been doing ever since the posts where folks said they went and they were soldout of the 1Ks, and youd be killing 2 birds with 1 stone, 1- are they open and until what time & 2- do they have any 1Ks left, they can be open and soldout of their last cards say 15 mins ago , and a person that may respond they are open till 7pm wont know that they are soldout of the cards
That wasn't the point but thanks anyways. I was simply asking because due to the Orange County ordinance to shut down non-essential services effective 3/18 if anyone knew if Brea Mall was going to be open.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
That wasn't the point but thanks anyways. I was simply asking because due to the Orange County ordinance to shut down non-essential services effective 3/18 if anyone knew if Brea Mall was going to be open.

Again had you called you would have gotten your answer, they pick up = they're there, no one picks up Id call again and no one picks up = no one is there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.