Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by wmy2008
HI, Tried search this thread, but the answer does not quite match my situation. Hope anyone has similar experience and would like to share.
First time happen. I have been using my dc from citi for over year in simon, and I believe the card has been deep seasoned, Today, I get declined for ~6k purchase. Soon, I am able use the the same card for some small purchase, so the card is not locked.
I did not see any 6k pending or whatever shown on my card when I log in to my account.
So, it is better just wait >24 hour and try again.? or should call citi? I don't want to call because it is likely to have some human eye on my account. My simon purchase will be noticed.
any input will be appreciated.
Just used my dc card yesterday around noon at Simon for 9k no problem.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:36 am

Thank you. I will try again one or two days later..My card is still good for other purchase now. Remember first time using it(back to year ago), it got declined, but the card was locked as well
thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:05 pm

Thank you. I will try again one or two days later..My card is still good for other purchase now. Remember first time using it(back to year ago), it got declined, but the card was locked as well
thanks.
I posted just before you with a similar situation - unexpected decline from Simon. I did contact the credit card company to see if there was a security limit set on the account (I know, probably a mistake), but they said there wasn't. Today, 24 hours later from my decline, I went back to the same Simon property with the same clerk and got $6K in VGC with no problem. There is hope!
cuthroat likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I know Amex is long dead at Simon for minimum spend, regular spend, etc. But what about add an AU spend? I did it without thinking but I guess will find out soon enough...
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by msp3
I know Amex is long dead at Simon for minimum spend, regular spend, etc. But what about add an AU spend? I did it without thinking but I guess will find out soon enough...
should work
msp3 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:36 pm

HI, Tried search this thread, but the answer does not quite match my situation. Hope anyone has similar experience and would like to share.
First time happen. I have been using my dc from citi for over year in simon, and I believe the card has been deep seasoned, Today, I get declined for ~6k purchase. Soon, I am able use the the same card for some small purchase, so the card is not locked.
I did not see any 6k pending or whatever shown on my card when I log in to my account.
So, it is better just wait >24 hour and try again.? or should call citi? I don't want to call because it is likely to have some human eye on my account. My simon purchase will be noticed.
any input will be appreciated.
Is $6k more than what you have normally purchased per visit over the past year? If so, I could see a random decline from Citi. Or if you recently received a replacement card for any reason (old card expired, card lost/stolen, etc).
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by knopfler
Is $6k more than what you have normally purchased per visit over the past year? If so, I could see a random decline from Citi. Or if you recently received a replacement card for any reason (old card expired, card lost/stolen, etc).
That is amount I normally do each visit. The card is still good for other purchase. I might give it a try in about two days. This might be just glitch due to whatever reason I don't know. To be honest, buying a gebit card is always doable, but the hard part is to turn them into cash.
Thanks for all the inputs.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
That is amount I normally do each visit. The card is still good for other purchase. I might give it a try in about two days. This might be just glitch due to whatever reason I don't know. To be honest, buying a gebit card is always doable, but the hard part is to turn them into cash.
Thanks for all the inputs.
My Citi card is the World Elite MC (for the past 5 years) and until recently, any spend at SM for GCs was declined. However, in the past month, I have been able to buy a single $1K GC and the charge did go through (for the very first time ever).

While I know the SM is not suppose to let you use a declined CC for a charge within 24 hours (thereby making the CC useless for the current purchase) I have discovered that if the person selling you the cards knows you, they can let you reenter the card after you affirm the purchase with Citi without an issue.

If you have notifications on your phone, set up your Citi account to send you notifications when there is a decline of the charge. You can reverse the decline on your phone.Then proceed to buy the cards as long as the rep will let you.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
For the first time, I had a SM CSR let me run a declined card again. Note though, that I am probably this mall's most familiar customer. (Back in the $500 days they used to keep a container of cards in the closet with the label "RedTop's Cards" on it.)
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by msp3
Any update on this? Did it went through(earned MR) for you as an A/U?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rice4u
Any update on this? Did it went through(earned MR) for you as an A/U?
lol
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by beast7276
lol

From my understanding, spends from A/U counts toward SUB or just UR/MR?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:47 am

My CIU got denied while purchasing the 1k giftcards. Anyone tried calling in to get that fixed? Or is that not recommended?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by chuakc92
My CIU got denied while purchasing the 1k giftcards. Anyone tried calling in to get that fixed? Or is that not recommended?
So little information, so big a question.

How many GCs were you trying to buy?
What is your CL and are you near or over it?
How long have you had the card?
Have you purchased this amount of GCs at SM before using this CC?

Answering some of these questions may make it easier for someone here to supply some useful information. TIA
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
So little information, so big a question.

How many GCs were you trying to buy?
What is your CL and are you near or over it?
How long have you had the card?
Have you purchased this amount of GCs at SM before using this CC?

Answering some of these questions may make it easier for someone here to supply some useful information. TIA
I was trying to buy 9 1k VGCs and have 9.5k credit limit. Definitely not going over. I've had this card for 3 months, but have successfully bought 3 VGCs on it before. I guess 9 is just not safe to do currently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.