Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:46 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Happy

Aside from the "unable to process" issue that is occurring, has anyone had unusual delay on orders being shipped?

I placed an order for 3 cards on Jan 30th. Arrived today, so it does not seem there is a general delay issue at GCM right now
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soy
I placed an order for 3 cards on Jan 30th. Arrived today, so it does not seem there is a general delay issue at GCM right now
Yeah, Friday or Saturday arrivals are the norm for orders placed on previous Thursday.

Still no shipment email today despite yesterday's "escalated to top priority". Informed delivery also has no image or note of a package unable to scan - so this does not look like the incident in Nov when the shipment came normally despite no shipment email, but reps confirmed it was definitely shipped.
This time it is definitely stuck in the 2nd step at fulfillment dept. They are the same card designs in the rotation I use for a 4 cards order as usual.

Small progress -

Called in late afternoon on Saturday. Rep said the manager/supervisor team was working on a resolution but the warehouse in US had not replied to them. Told me to wait till Monday afternoon that a resolution should be made. (I was told on both Thur and Fri about a resolution would be coming...)
Then in the evening, an email with the case number, coming from BHN customer service, as Work In Progress (Awaiting Task), with a 5 steps timeline in the email body. New - Investigation - In Progress - Resolved - Close. Status is at In Progress.
I got a sense they want to cancel the order because reps asked about whether I still want the shipment, on each call.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 9, 2020 at 9:20 am
Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:16 pm

2 orders cancelled today for no clear reason

Anyone get to the bottom of this? I'm no where near known limits and orders were on different days. I did order while in Asia.....
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:05 am

Just affirming that I too have been hit with random orders processing fine, then being canceled within an hour afterward. Just started for me at the end of last week, it's now happened on three different orders.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ref to the post 1367.

I suspect GCM is having some issues lately. Our order that is In Fulfillment since Feb 03, has been stuck and not shipped. Just finished talking with a supervisor, he suggested the easiest way to resolve it is to REFUND the payment because they have not been able to get a response from the fulfillment dept... He said at first the order processing dept wanted to find out what issues at the fulfillment dept to hold up the shipment but did not seem to be able to make any progress. At this point since 11 days have passed, the supervisor said the easiest "resolution" is to refund the order.

Refund will be processed within 5 to 7 business days. Of course it will take another few days for it to show up on the payment card which statement closes tomorrow on Feb 11.

I request a confirmation of the refund be sent to us. The guy said there would be a system generated automatic email when the refund is processed. He also puts note in the order that another email would be sent too to make sure.

UPDATE
No email from either GCM or BHN. Called on Tuesday Feb 11. A supervisor on duty confirmed a refund was issued on Monday Feb 10. She manually typed an email to confirm that effect.

I asked her about the recent order cancellation incidents. She said they were trying to figure out what are causing this and still not found a solution to fix that when such incidents are still happening randomly.

Today Wed Feb 12, received Merchant Credits have posted alert from AMEX today Wed Feb 12.
Still no email from either GCM or BHN but I consider Case Closed.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 12, 2020 at 9:12 am
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Heads up to get your rakuten card orders in by Saturday. It was a good run.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:16 pm

it was fun while it lasted LOL

Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Heads up to get your rakuten card orders in by Saturday. It was a good run.
HA u just got the same email.. too bad my CL wont be freed up by Sat BLEH
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
RIP

Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
it was fun while it lasted LOL

It was a good run
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by TyPo311
It was a good run
Never got the chance to do it, as Synchrony denied my application like they did with so many others. But I heard they were pretty stingy with credit limits. As long as Chase and AMEX continue to work, even at the 1%, I'll settle for that.
deker0 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by History05
Never got the chance to do it, as Synchrony denied my application like they did with so many others. But I heard they were pretty stingy with credit limits. As long as Chase and AMEX continue to work, even at the 1%, I'll settle for that.
Does AmEx still award points for GCM purchases? I have been using Chase the past year
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by zmicer88
Does AmEx still award points for GCM purchases? I have been using Chase the past year
Yes, AMEX still awards it. They just don't allow points for Simon Mall GC's purchases.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:49 pm

Yea CL was garbage... between P1 and P2 we only had 19K combined... LOL im going to stick with befrugal 1% bc ebates takes FOREVER to get my money!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
Yea CL was garbage... between P1 and P2 we only had 19K combined... LOL im going to stick with befrugal 1% bc ebates takes FOREVER to get my money!
Seriously? Passing on a MR point for a penny? (Granted, I also have schwab plat giving me cash out ability.....)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Seriously? Passing on a MR point for a penny? (Granted, I also have schwab plat giving me cash out ability.....)
Yea... i dont do MR so it doesnt do me any good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.