Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:32 pm

Are people still able to get 1% cash back from Rakuten if buying VGC on gcm ?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by avidchurner
Are people still able to get 1% cash back from Rakuten if buying VGC on gcm ?
yes. still reporting 1% back as of yesterday
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:04 pm

Rakuten hasn't been reporting cashback on all my orders from GiftCardMall since the beginning of April. Last time it got reported was 3/31. Anyone else facing this issue?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jbui1018
Rakuten hasn't been reporting cashback on all my orders from GiftCardMall since the beginning of April. Last time it got reported was 3/31. Anyone else facing this issue?
yes, me too, it says pending. Same thing has happened the beginning of every new quarter, though. I'm not worried. After a week or two it has fixed itself.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler
yes, me too, it says pending. Same thing has happened the beginning of every new quarter, though. I'm not worried. After a week or two it has fixed itself.
Good to know that it happens at the beginning of every quarter. Will wait a couple weeks so that it can fix itself.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:04 am

Same issue here with BeFrugal -- transaction dated April 01 is missing.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:01 am

This issue might be a change to the chrome browser. Try a different browser. I submitted a ticket for my April 2 order.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
This issue might be a change to the chrome browser. Try a different browser. I submitted a ticket for my April 2 order.
I only use FF with GCM, but the portal issue continued with the 4/05 order. Fulfillment seems to have stalled as well.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:01 pm

I don't use chrome, so its not a chrome specific issue. I use both Safari and Firefox. Both have the same issue.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:05 pm

Fullfillment delays

Has anyone else been having fulfillment delays?

My orders from April 1st and April 2nd still have not been shipped out. usually they ship orders within 72 hours.
I called them this morning and they apologized and escalated my case to second level customer service team.

Hopefully it's just a temporary delay.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by thierry1129

My orders from April 1st and April 2nd still have not been shipped out. usually they ship orders within 72 hours.
I called them this morning and they apologized and escalated my case to second level customer service team.

Only one of my orders from 3/31 arrived yesterday, but they were both shipped same day. Not sure if I should order more if it's taking so long
Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Only one of my orders from 3/31 arrived yesterday, but they were both shipped same day. Not sure if I should order more if it's taking so long
if they were shipped out then the delay's probably on USPS's side. usually they should arrive within a day or two.

I would recommend wait and see if other people's orders from Apr 1st or 2nd got fulfilled and shipped out and then order more. Just in case
Old Apr 8, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: All of them
if they were shipped out then the delay's probably on USPS's side. usually they should arrive within a day or two.

I would recommend wait and see if other people's orders from Apr 1st or 2nd got fulfilled and shipped out and then order more. Just in case
Yep, I may do that. Not in a great hurry since I only do this for 2% MS My Simon 1k mail orders are working great for now.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 7:27 pm

Just got an automated email a minute ago sayng that my order placed on Apr 1st was shipped, still waiting for the one placed on Apr 2nd.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 7:44 pm

Just got an automated email a minute ago sayng that my order placed on Apr 1st was shipped, still waiting for the one placed on Apr 2nd.
Thanks for reporting. It made me look, and I got the "shipped" email for the 4/01 order too.

Update: the 4/01 order arrived with the postmark date 4/06 (2 days prior to notification).
Another email stated that the 4/05 order will be refunded (without explanation). Curiously this order involved a card design that was likewise cancelled twice in the past. Perhaps they just can't print certain color schemes.

Last edited by MaxVO; Apr 9, 2020 at 5:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.