Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Yep, $250 is a real deal killer. Can't make the numbers work with that low a limit.

I have a strong feeling GCM will see a notable decrease in sales as the MS'ers out there find new watering holes to drink from. Perhaps that will cause some movement back towards the old standards.

Simon and Grocery, here we come!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by jtav559
Yep, $250 is a real deal killer. Can't make the numbers work with that low a limit.

I have a strong feeling GCM will see a notable decrease in sales as the MS'ers out there find new watering holes to drink from. Perhaps that will cause some movement back towards the old standards.

If there is no source to supply the liquid, then there is no way for the watering hole to hydrate the fauna

I highly doubt that any company will return to a money losing business plan.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jtav559

besides simon, grocery now doesn't work for amex MS
Old Jul 6, 2020, 11:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by danhouston
There are other cards out there besides the Amex varietals that reward grocery spend at a bonus rate.

AA Mile Up is one I am thinking about getting - no AFand 2mi/$, can make an AA mile @ $0.0068/ea with that earn rate.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
That isn't true for all grocery stores.

I have a grocery store and still get all 12 points/dollar spend at it using my Amex Hilton Card. It's too bad this point bonus ends 7/31 but it was a good run while it lasted

It just depends on whether your grocery store reports L3 data, which mine does not. I don't think that having a weekly grocery bill of around $500+ dollars is too outrageous in these days of Covid.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
I have a grocery store and still get all 12 points/dollar spend at it using my Amex Hilton Card. It's too bad this point bonus ends 7/31 but it was a good run while it lasted
It just depends on whether your grocery store reports L3 data, which mine does not. I don't think that having a weekly grocery bill of around $500+ dollars is too outrageous in these days of Covid.
I'd suggest to be cautious and NOT pig out on the grocery spend during the last month. There are reports (e.g. in Amex USA COVID-19 temporary bonuses) that RAT claws back everything after a certain spend level -- both organic and MS earned HH points.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I'd suggest to be cautious and NOT pig out on the grocery spend during the last month. There are reports (e.g. in Amex USA COVID-19 temporary bonuses) that RAT claws back everything after a certain spend level -- both organic and MS earned HH points.
I do 1 $500 GC a week at my grocer, along with other spend, which makes the bill around $515.

As I said, I don't think that a weekly $500 grocery bill is outrageous in these Covid times.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
...I don't think that a weekly $500 grocery bill is outrageous in these Covid times.
I agree with this. But the lack of L3 data may not be relevant. DP's suggest that the RAT does not care.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 12:03 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Anyone knows how GCM handles limit now? At one pending order for $1.5k GCs, it says:

Your order could not be processed because the total for gift products in your cart exceeds $10,000.00, our daily order limit for consumers.

No way $10k per day. Not sure if done $10k for the entire year.

What kind of error is this? Is this limit by address?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:48 pm

We bought $300 worth of Lowe's e-gift cards when it was on sale at GCMall over X-Mas, went to use it recently and showed no balance. I called the support number was told they've been drained for months. I've never had an issue with GCMall cards, physical or electronic. Is there a known issue that I am not aware of?

Last edited by fangtl; Jun 2, 2021 at 2:55 pm
Old Jun 2, 2021, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl
We bought $300 worth of Lowe's e-gift cards when it was on sale at GCMall over X-Mas, went to use it recently and showed no balance. I called the support number was told they've been drained for months...
Was your problem resolved during the call, and how?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Was your problem resolved during the call, and how?
No, Lowe's can't even locate a transaction tied to the gift card, GCM is washing their hands of it too. All they know is someone, somewhere used the card on a specific date and time, they don't know (so they say) what was ordered w/ the card, where it was shipped to, nothing...As far as I am concerned, I am out $300.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl
...As far as I am concerned, I am out $300.
I'd consider this amount worth investing a few hours of my time. I'd start documenting the theft with a police report. That should compel GCM to start their investigation. It's likely an inside job, and that's the reason for their reluctance to offer an immediate resolution.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:30 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Why GCM wants to bother with a Lowe's card, not the $500 VC or MC card? I believe they still sell $500 cards, just not the common cards folks buy.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Why GCM wants to bother with a Lowe's card, not the $500 VC or MC card? I believe they still sell $500 cards, just not the common cards folks buy.
I don't know if GCM has anything to do with it, but what you said is not criminal logic, because it's always easier to pass a fake Hamilton than a Franklin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.