Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beast7276
the most wrong that ever could be!!!
The most laughable string of posts if not the most wrong or wrongest, all along.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So does [insert credit card issuer here] close your accounts if you MS the sign up bonus? I mean, there's almost no one on FT that has ever asked that question before. And it hasn't been answered at least 20,000 times. I'd just genuinely like to know the answer.
Not even AMEX. It just wont give you the bonus or claw it back once it audits the account.

Originally Posted by walterj
Why don't you get another hobby, if it upsets you so much that someone asks a question that you already know the answer? Why not simply answer the question and share your knowledge? Or ignore it?
Not to mention when the poster does not even know the answer at all and just rudely brush others aside when others post their answers / real life experiences. Ignorance is not a pass for being rude to others who know what you dont know.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
Not even AMEX. It just wont give you the bonus or claw it back once it audits the account.

Not to mention when the poster does not even know the answer at all and just rudely brush others aside when others post their answers / real life experiences. Ignorance is not a pass for being rude to others who know what you dont know.
Nope - this is the wrongest of the wrongest!
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope - this is the wrongest of the wrongest!
Fine with us. We dont mind to have some laughing stock that is willing to submit as entertainment for the community.
mySimon411 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:17 pm

Anyone else having this issue where GCM is not letting you order more than 4 orders with 1 CC? Yesterday I did 4 orders with CC#1 then on order#5 I get this pop up message. I switch web browser but same thing.

there was an error processing your order... rejected by your CC

So I called the CC company but they said there was no hold or block on the account. Assumed it was a glitch and just used a different CC for my last 2 orders.

Then today I log in and make 4 orders with my wifes account and same thing. But I call the CC company and they said they only see the pending 4 orders... then switch to CC #2 and the orders go through. Thanks for any DP.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
Anyone else having this issue where GCM is not letting you order more than 4 orders with 1 CC? Yesterday I did 4 orders with CC#1 then on order#5 I get this pop up message. I switch web browser but same thing.

there was an error processing your order... rejected by your CC

So I called the CC company but they said there was no hold or block on the account. Assumed it was a glitch and just used a different CC for my last 2 orders.

Then today I log in and make 4 orders with my wifes account and same thing. But I call the CC company and they said they only see the pending 4 orders... then switch to CC #2 and the orders go through. Thanks for any DP.
You do you, but I don't think your concern should be GCM. The greater concern should be the CC issuer. Even with an extremely well-seasoned CC I wouldn't make multiple, presumably somewhat sizable, purchases with the same merchant on the same day. Best practice is to try to avoid an anti-fraud lock on a CC and a phone call that puts eyeballs on the account. Four purchases on the same CC is an unnecessary risk. Better to pay shipping and make a single large purchase.
barrytuneup likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
You do you, but I don't think your concern should be GCM. The greater concern should be the CC issuer. Even with an extremely well-seasoned CC I wouldn't make multiple, presumably somewhat sizable, purchases with the same merchant on the same day. Best practice is to try to avoid an anti-fraud lock on a CC and a phone call that puts eyeballs on the account. Four purchases on the same CC is an unnecessary risk. Better to pay shipping and make a single large purchase.
Thanks for the advice but I am actually wondering if anyone else was seeing this. Just happened again but no locks or blocks on my CC.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:12 pm

Today’s the first time I’ve gotten an order cancellation after ordering through GCM for over 3 years with no problems. Normal order method, normally used CC and order initially went through fine, but 2 minutes later I received order cancellation email. Anyone have an idea of why that is? I haven’t hit any known limits and plenty of credit limit on my CC.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:03 am

have there been any reports of untracked packages stolen and cards used? Curious what folks did about that. I do steady under 2K shipments to stay low and a package has been lost. I called GCM and asked to block the cards, but asked them about the what-if case where somebody steals the package and uses the cards. They basically told me SOL, there's nothing they can do and that I should do tracked packages instead. They did suggest calling Blackhawck and talk to them, but what would they do? investigation? Has anybody been unfortunate enough to go through that? Just trying to assess the risk here.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by DjRocket
have there been any reports of untracked packages stolen and cards used? Curious what folks did about that. I do steady under 2K shipments to stay low and a package has been lost. I called GCM and asked to block the cards, but asked them about the what-if case where somebody steals the package and uses the cards. They basically told me SOL, there's nothing they can do and that I should do tracked packages instead. They did suggest calling Blackhawck and talk to them, but what would they do? investigation? Has anybody been unfortunate enough to go through that? Just trying to assess the risk here.
I recall this happening to a FT poster (don't remember if it was a tracked shipment or not) and, when all else failed, receiving a refund after filing a chargeback. But this also resulted in the poster at the time being banned by GCM. Don't know if the poster ever got back in. With the ability as a last resort to file a chargeback, losing GCM is what I think of as the greatest risk.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I've had one or two times when I called to cancel an order and request a refund, and they were very accommodating. The reason I did it was because I realized the address and zip code didn't match (I have a PO box with a zip that is a transposition of my home zip code, so I mix them up sometimes). However, I also bought a locking mailbox, as where I live the letter carrier just puts the mail in a standard mailbox that sits at the curb. With that said, I only once had a card disappear and be used, and it's possible it was stolen by a friend (not a friend anymore lol).
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
Did you by chance check your junk email box. Sometimes, for odd reasons, confirmation emails wind up there.
did not have to check emails. Both charges were pending..I emailed GCM and explained situation. never got an answer but 1 charge fell off pending about 4 days later..1 charge went thru. With all my cards and heavy MSing..pita to keep checking.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:00 pm

Same here on the cancelled orders. Will check for updates. It happened with 2 cards that I used this month already: one was for 8 and the other 5 (spread over some days). Cancellations started yesterday. A new card used once today went through. I don't cycle cards in a statement period (learned that lesson).
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:15 pm

I just had the "Unable to Process" follow up on one of my orders. It also promises a refund within 7 days.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a different issue. An order is stuck at "in fulfillment" for 3 days and still not being shipped. Payment already is posted exactly a week ago.

The order is placed on 01/30 last Thur. Transaction was posted on Sat with Jan 30 date.
Usually order placed on Thur would get shipment email the following Tue. When there was still no email by 2/05 Wen afternoon after 3 business days have passed, I called. The rep told me to call back if there was still no shipment email the next day.

No email on Thur so I called. This time the rep opened an escalation ticket, said it would take 24 hours for a resolution as the ticket is sent to a different dept, that to call back on Friday if no shipment email.

Again no email on Fri today 2/07 - that is a full week from the date of placing order on 01/30. Another rep saw the previous note, said order was "in fulfillment" and "for sure it would be shipped today and you would get the shipment email by afternoon."

No email ever comes by 5pm, so I called again. This time the wait time was long and I opted for the Call Back option. Luckily a rep called back in about 15 min after I hang up. He saw the open ticket and the subsequent follow up. After putting me on hold for quite a while, he returned to say the latest status was still "in fulfillment". I asked when the status changed to this? He looked at the history, said it was Feb 3, Mon. This is one day before the usual ship date on order placed on Thurs - so the fulfillment on 02/03 made sense to me but then the order has been stuck at that step ever since. Not much he could do but escalated the ticket to priority again.

Last time when an order had no shipment email for longer than usual during first week of Nov, when I called all reps could see order was shipped 2 days before I called. Shipment email never came and the status online never changed, before the shipment actually arrived a few days later. Then 3 weeks later I got a shipment notice of the same order but of course no new shipment was ever made.

I hope this time it would play out like in Nov but since the status is only "in fulfillment", it may mean there is indeed no shipment being made yet.

Aside from the "unable to process" issue that is occurring, has anyone had unusual delay on orders being shipped?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.