Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:40 am

I have not been getting the email with the confirm number nor have I been getting the shipping notification email (which typically comes 4 days after the order) and I have done the secure message and called in and they said nothing is wrong with my account and they don't know what the problem is but they did mention the shipping email is automated from the first email which as mentioned never get's sent anymore???
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:03 pm

Has anybody had any issues placing an order in the past few days on GCM? My gf's account (same shipping/billing address as mine) cannot complete a 3 GC order, which she has done a ton of times before. You hit the "Complete Order" button, it goes to "Processing", then back to "Complete Order". If you hit again, it just stays at "Processing". I tried clearing browsing data, different browsers, computers, etc. Called support and they suggested opening a new account, with the same info, just different e-mail address. Same results. I tried two different CB portals, no help. It's not even hitting the credit card, looks like shut down?? My account seems to be fine and I've done much more volume on it, and we're well under 60k per month on the "household". Any ideas or suggestions? Is it just me?

Last edited by DjRocket; Jan 6, 2020 at 1:20 pm Reason: meant "under" limit, not "beyond"
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I have not been getting the email with the confirm number nor have I been getting the shipping notification email (which typically comes 4 days after the order) and I have done the secure message and called in and they said nothing is wrong with my account and they don't know what the problem is but they did mention the shipping email is automated from the first email which as mentioned never get's sent anymore???
I missed a shipping email in Dec but the reps could see when the shipment was sent. Almost a week later I got the shipping email of the same order which the shipment had already arrived.

After that things have returned to normal, i.e. an initial confirmation email with order number and details, then a shipping email a few days later when shipment is sent. Though in the past the shipping emails tend to come between 7:30 to 9:30am, now they can come any hour of the day, a couple have come in the evening.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Has anybody had any issues placing an order in the past few days on GCM? My gf's account (same shipping/billing address as mine) cannot complete a 3 GC order, which she has done a ton of times before. You hit the "Complete Order" button, it goes to "Processing", then back to "Complete Order". If you hit again, it just stays at "Processing". I tried clearing browsing data, different browsers, computers, etc. Called support and they suggested opening a new account, with the same info, just different e-mail address. Same results. I tried two different CB portals, no help. It's not even hitting the credit card, looks like shut down?? My account seems to be fine and I've done much more volume on it, and we're well beyond 60k per month on the "household". Any ideas or suggestions? Is it just me?
You get that if you're over $10K in 48 hrs
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:22 pm
ogg

Originally Posted by farwest101
Correct! GCM used to pop up a message saying you've exceeded its limit. Now, no message--and no processing. Really odd that it would change its programming to cause confusion in this way.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:32 pm

Has anybody had any issues placing an order in the past few days on GCM? ...
I couldn't get GCM to work today. On previous days it worked acceptably. Today I'm getting error messages and a freeze after choosing any card design of my own. I'm not over any limits.

Last edited by MaxVO; Jan 6, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:09 am

I'm nowhere near the 10k limit in 48 hrs. Must be something else. I opened a ticket. Will see what they'll have to say, if anything.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:04 pm

I'm nowhere near the 10k limit in 48 hrs. Must be something else. I opened a ticket. Will see what they'll have to say, if anything.
Can also happen if the credit card is not being approved. I was using an incorrect CCV and had this behavior. When I noticed after a couple of times and corrected, it processed normally.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkfrank
Can also happen if the credit card is not being approved. I was using an incorrect CCV and had this behavior. When I noticed after a couple of times and corrected, it processed normally.
Thanks. It wasn't even hitting the CC (no pending charges and I called CC to verify). I opened a ticket and they gave me the standard "try different browser, cookies, etc." which I had already done several times. Just earlier today, however, I was able to place the order again, from the same browser/computer I've used millions of times. So back in business. Something must have happened on the backend and got cleared. Hopefully this was just one off.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:51 pm

Anyone else having problems with Rakuten site when attempting to click-thru to GCM? I select the usual button for 1% cb at GCM but last day has instead redirected to the Rakuten home page rather than on to GCM
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:25 pm

Anyone else having problems with Rakuten site when attempting to click-thru to GCM? I select the usual button for 1% cb at GCM but last day has instead redirected to the Rakuten home page rather than on to GCM
Works for me in Chrome. Clicked the link and it opened a shopping trip automatically.
farwest101 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:32 pm

Worked for me today in safari
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by moflyer2k
Worked for me today in safari
Thanks. Found out my account had been flagged by their system due to duplicate accounts.- an artifact from earlier issues where they told me to set up another account to "fix" the problem.
moflyer2k likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:13 am

Is it okay to use giftcard mall for sign up bonuses? Such as for the chase business unlimited... Or will chase close the card?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stormpelt
Is it okay to use giftcard mall for sign up bonuses? Such as for the chase business unlimited... Or will chase close the card?
everyone will close the card if you MS the SUB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.