Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, SPG, UR
I tried to place some orders tonight but happened to notice that a couple of orders tracked 3% before got adjusted to 1%. Those orders were placed on 07/31 and 08/10. Anyone else having the same issue?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 808traveler
Was supposed to get 59k from GCM spend on the 15th. Nothing. Emailed rakuten and got the response that it'll come 16th. Nothing. Emailed again and got the response that it could take 7 business days to post. Pretty frustrating.

Called rakuten yesterday. After the 4th call, somebody picked up. I explained the issue and The CSR told me they'd push it through, also sent an email as confirmation. Boom 59k hit my account today.
What are these 59k points for, 3% or 1% cashback?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by MusicalMind
I tried to place some orders tonight but happened to notice that a couple of orders tracked 3% before got adjusted to 1%. Those orders were placed on 07/31 and 08/10. Anyone else having the same issue?
Nope. All my orders track correctly. 1% with the CC icon in the “Cash Back on Purchases” section, and 3% for the entire corresponding order in the “Qualifying 3% Rakuten Visa Card Purchases” section. Orders were end of last month and about a week into this month.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DBFL

Nope. All my orders track correctly. 1% with the CC icon in the “Cash Back on Purchases” section, and 3% for the entire corresponding order in the “Qualifying 3% Rakuten Visa Card Purchases” section. Orders were end of last month and about a week into this month.
I looked closer at my orders. Looks like I lost all the cashback between 7/30 and 8/13. Those orders were all tracked before. I can't figure out why.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:09 pm

I looked closer at my orders. Looks like I lost all the cashback between 7/30 and 8/13. Those orders were all tracked before. I can't figure out why.
That’s the date range for the Rakuten website glitch when nothing posted correctly.
I ended up contacting support through the website and reported the CB as missing. The day after they fixed it I got a response from support saying that they see no problem and that my CB was properly accounted for.
You should probably report the CB missing. Then after they correct your account they can tell you that there was no problem.
Their whole attitude has been “Nothing to see here folks. Move along.” Then they fix it and tell you that you’re dumb.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
How did you get such a high credit line on this card?

I just opened the card and used the temporary number and CCV for a $1500 order... the joke is my credit line is only $2000 =( .
LOL
Oh that's 59k MR from GCM 1% back using rakuten, i don't have the rakuten CC
What are these 59k points for, 3% or 1% cashback?
1%, mostly used JB biz, citibiz AA, and HH biz
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
GCM has made a couple unwelcome changes to slow down heavy hitters.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:06 pm

Does the Rakuten card continue to earn 3% past 60k, when the portal's 1% stops working?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
GCM has made a couple unwelcome changes to slow down heavy hitters.
do you mind sharing what those are for those of us with less volume? Currently slowly ramping up.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by skaterr03

do you mind sharing what those are for those of us with less volume? Currently slowly ramping up.
They appear to be starting to enforce the limits on how much in monthly purchases can earn cashback.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
They appear to be starting to enforce the limits on how much in monthly purchases can earn cashback.
that sucks. I don’t know if I’d ever get to $60k in a month though.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

So the enforced monthly limit is per portal or per GCM account?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
they've made a bunch of small changes targeted at HH but won't affect most. for example they also just added a $10k cap for all vgc. used to be able to do $10k custom + $10k pre-designed because they were independent limits. they've improved the back in though so it's easier to track and match up cb which is nice, however.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
So the enforced monthly limit is per portal or per GCM account?
I don't think that is entirely clear yet, but I've heard reports of people who were well over the limits starting to get earnings clawed back.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:33 pm

I don't think that is entirely clear yet, but I've heard reports of people who were well over the limits starting to get earnings clawed back.
I had my earnings clawed back. P1 & P2 account combined over 60k and all taken back starting 6th Aug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.