Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:17 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by DBFL

Just got approved for the card. It seems they really want you to use the card. Approval came with a temporary credit limit, temporary account number with exp. date and CVV code. If they’re going out of their way to make sure you can immediately use the card, cycling shouldn’t be much of an issue. I guess I’ll find out if that’s even necessary in 7-10 business days when I get the permanent card and find out what my actual credit limit is.
How do you know that? "Cycling" leads to most of the card shut-downs. Wish you the good luck with it.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by dineshb
Can you PM the info to me as well? I also need to accumulate UR points through MS. TIA.

Can you PM info to me as well? Pretty Please sounds like u have some awesome info on ways to MS? My mouth is sealed. Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:58 pm

So, had some interesting issues on the site with our new favorite renamed card. Started rejecting my buys after 7.5 K this month (no issues buying 9K last month; NOT cycling credit). At that point, I started getting site rejections that appeared to be coming from the bank. Tried again after two days, no dice. I moved over to gc.com instead and worked without any issue. Of course, no plans on calling, but really strange. Absolutely no fraud alerts, contacts, etc from the bank.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
So, had some interesting issues on the site with our new favorite renamed card. Started rejecting my buys after 7.5 K this month (no issues buying 9K last month; NOT cycling credit). At that point, I started getting site rejections that appeared to be coming from the bank. Tried again after two days, no dice. I moved over to gc.com instead and worked without any issue. Of course, no plans on calling, but really strange. Absolutely no fraud alerts, contacts, etc from the bank.
If you’re talking about the card I think you are, that’s a disturbing DP. No cycling at all, but I now have an alert on the CC’s online account saying that there is a problem with my card. Sounds like I’ll have to have a chat with the fraud department. But I think I’m going to wait for my current order to arrive, liquidate and pay the card before calling.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
So I ordered the other day and have yet to get my extra 3%. I'm wondering if it's just because it's delayed or if it's that i didn't use my new renamed card or something? I'm not sure but how long does it usually take you to get the bonus? My other orders is usually the next day.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:37 pm

I've been noticing the same delay. Ordered on 8/3, normally it takes a few days if I order on the weekend, still nothing. The order itself tracked but the 1%/3% from the card has not.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
I've been noticing the same delay. Ordered on 8/3, normally it takes a few days if I order on the weekend, still nothing. The order itself tracked but the 1%/3% from the card has not.
So I've seen the same. This is very worrisome. 8/2 and 8/4 portal tracked but no card award. They can't not award I would not think as their is no t and c gc exclusion so I'm sitting tight. Correct me if wrong.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
I feel like that card takes a while for purchases to go from pending to actually being the int eh activity. And then after that, it takes a few days for the website to show the purchase was used by that card. I think a week or so delay in actually showing as a card purchase on ebates is not that uncommon.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:46 pm

Just to add my DP, I ordered some at the end of July and received the 1% in cashback after the order was verified. Maybe a few hours later. The 3% appeared after the card was charged and the order shipped.
merice107107 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkfrank
Just to add my DP, I ordered some at the end of July and received the 1% in cashback after the order was verified. Maybe a few hours later. The 3% appeared after the card was charged and the order shipped.
Same. But my order from this month tracked for the 1%, but hasn’t been awarded the 3%. My order is in my mailbox right now.
merice107107 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Same here. 1% posts pretty quickly but not the 3%. As of today, 8/8, I have 3% posted from purchase made 7/31 but none from 8/1 and more recent. I contacted customer service and they said to give it a few more days.

It doesn't actually matter until the cutoff date for payment, which is 9/30. I'm willing to assume it's a system glitch and not a grand plan to deny promised payments.

Meanwhile though, since I have a CC paying 2.6% and I get get 100 Amex points (which I value at $1.40) instead of $1.00 cash, ordering through my Amex-linked account is just about as lucrative. And with $1K SM GC's, that's slightly more appealing.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:44 am

Mine are still not posted.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
… I get get 100 Amex points (which I value at $1.40) instead of $1.00 cash, ordering through my Amex-linked account is just about as lucrative. …
Hi, do you mind giving some pointers to what makes Amex point 1.4 times more valuable than cash? I read some frequentmiler blog articles online and I'm not convinced, largely due to the fact that I live in Midwest where there are no good airline award flights that could be booked through Amex point conversions. Redeeming for hotel points is bad value in general, as I understand. Perhaps there's something else? I kinda started regretting signing up for the Amex point redemption with ebates instead of straight cash.

And to add a DP, I have three orders now with GCM, 1st one over a week old, that hasn't posted 3%. Hopefully this is just a "glitch".
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:00 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Hi, do you mind giving some pointers to what makes Amex point 1.4 times more valuable than cash? I read some frequentmiler blog articles online and I'm not convinced, largely due to the fact that I live in Midwest where there are no good airline award flights that could be booked through Amex point conversions. Redeeming for hotel points is bad value in general, as I understand. Perhaps there's something else? I kinda started regretting signing up for the Amex point redemption with ebates instead of straight cash.

And to add a DP, I have three orders now with GCM, 1st one over a week old, that hasn't posted 3%. Hopefully this is just a "glitch".
For any AmEx MR related discussions, AmEx forum is a better place to get help. There is also valuable info at each airline forum on redeeming AmEx MR points. Point value can range dramatically with some bloggers claiming MR point value > 10 cpp on first class bookings.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
For any AmEx MR related discussions, AmEx forum is a better place to get help. There is also valuable info at each airline forum on redeeming AmEx MR points. Point value can range dramatically with some bloggers claiming MR point value > 10 cpp on first class bookings.
Yep. I’d recommend reading some of the info there. I recently bought airfare RT to Europe in the 17-18cpp range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.