Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedSun
Not everyone is working to get the most returns. People spend to get to:

1. New card initial spending
2. Bonus spending to certain level, like $20,000, even $50,000 to get to free hotel night, airline qualify miles etc.
3. Some people working toward certain airline or hotel elite levels.

They are as valuable as cash back or points.
Or less, but we're just addicted.
BLoch12 and RedSun like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
My 8/3 purchase that we've been discussing just showed as tracking @ 1x, I'm assuming it will update to 3x here within the next couple hours as is usual. *phew*
Same. Purchase from 8/4 now tracks as extra 1% for using the card. But I’m going to wait until they completely fix this glitch before I use the card for another order.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:39 pm

+1... my first GCM purchase in August, which was august 2nd, just tracked at 1% using rakuten cc. I also got 1% originally going through ebates website. So a total of 2%.. what is going on???
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:44 pm

My experience has been that the 1% posts a bit before the full 3% updates. So I'm optimistic.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Regarding the 3% Rakuten on GCM, I have gotten it for purchases through 7/31 but none since. I wrote and they replied Thursday asking me to wait 3-5 days, I wrote against Sunday afternoon, still no answer as of Monday evening.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:04 pm

Do you think contacting them was a good idea? Not asking in a rude tone. Just thinking maybe it's not a good idea or maybe it is ... ??

hopefully this isnt dead..
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, SPG, UR
3 Orders placed on 08/10 using rakuten cc just tracked as 1x. Let's see if they update to 3x in a few days.
BTW, how long does it take for your guys' payment to rakuten cc to clear? For me, it's over a week (5 biz days? ), really annoying.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:00 pm

yup, about 5 biz days
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:17 pm

2nd order in order for me on August 10th just postedat 1%.

Super wierd my August 2nd posted today too at 1%. Which I posted above.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:21 am

The interesting thing to me is that the section where it used to track the 3% CB from the CC is now labeled "1% Rakuten Visa Card Purchases."

If it were labeled "3% Rakuten Visa Card Purchases" and was only showing 1%, I'd know it was just a matter of time before it got updated to 3%.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
While not to do directly with GCM, this is about rebate sites such as Rakuten

I have noticed that with some sites such as Dosh (a 4 letter word meaning worthless), offers and rebates will be pulled or reduced without notification or warning.
Dosh did this with Sam's Club and again with Staples.

So it wouldn't surprise me that Rakuten pulled their 3% offer without notification.
I have noticed a correlation between the start of the month and the evaporation of rebates (at least with "worthless").
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:39 am

I have had similar DP's. Yesterday my August purchases from Aug 6 and Aug 7 posted with a 1% Rakuten bonus. Today, they were changed to 3% (like they did in the past). One of the purchases was a Raise and another at GCM.com. For me, it seems to be getting back to normal. There are a few other purchases in Rakuten 'limbo,' but I will give it some time. It seems they are clearing up.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:44 am

My 8/6 purchase shows the little card icon next to the portal 1% cashback purchase line, showing that I used my Rakuten card for the purchase.

Down below, I have a 1% section with five purchases from August and a 3% section with my 8/6 purchase reflecting 3% CB.

Hopefully they're running scripts to update all existing orders to reflect 3% CB instead of 1%, and it'll eventually be BAU again.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:24 am

Update: 1 of my 2 GCM purchases back to normal at 3%. . I think everything is good hopefully.
808traveler likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Eyesonthepoints
Update: 1 of my 2 GCM purchases back to normal at 3%. . I think everything is good hopefully.
one of the three orders now posts 3% for me too, dated 08/07. Interestingly, 08/02 is still at 1%, so seems like they're just catching up. The question now is, do you go all out and take it while you can, as this is probably won't last too long, or do you continue taking measured steps? I know the answer is as good as anybody's guess, but curious about different rationales. I also don't think it's a good idea inquiring about missing GCM missing cashbacks, at least within a week or two, just draws unnecessary attention especially when many people make inquiries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.